Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

There IS a punishment for rape in Islam

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    there is no such thing a rape in islam. there is sex within and outside marriage. girls who get raoed need 4 witnesses to prove rape, since her statement is worth only half a man's statement. can she not provide this she gets punished, for sex outside marriage as well as shaming the family. within marriage a man does not need permission to **** his wifes.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S'Class)

First of all, everyone needs to know that there is currently no country in the world with full Sharia Law in place. So if there is any Muslim majority country that lets rapists go free, then it obviously doesn't have Islamic Law implemented.

People really need to learn this before accusing Islam of such a thing.
    There is no ' one size fits all' sharia law. there is no such thing as 'full' sharia law. its law based on the koran therefore open to intepretation
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That_user)
    there is no such thing a rape in islam. there is sex within and outside marriage. girls who get raoed need 4 witnesses to prove rape, since her statement is worth only half a man's statement. can she not provide this she gets punished, for sex outside marriage as well as shaming the family. within marriage a man does not need permission to fuch his husband.
    Show me the Islamic references you got this from.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Show me the Islamic references you got this from.
    koran 2.282. koran 24.4. koran 24.13. koran 2.223
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    OP, where in koran can the actual punishment for rape be found, since you claim there is one ?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    koran 2.282. koran 24.4. koran 24.13. koran 2.223
    24:4 says that someone who falsely accuses a women gets 80 lashes.. I don't know what you're trying to point out with the third one.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    OP, where in koran can the actual punishment for rape be found, since you claim there is one ?
    Not in the Quran, a Hadith.

Narrated Wa'il ibn Hujr:

"When a woman went out in the time of the Prophet PBUH for prayer, a man attacked her and overpowered (raped) her.

She shouted and he went off, and when a man came by, she said: That (man) did such and such to me. And when a company of the Emigrants came by, she said: That man did such and such to me. They went and seized the man whom they thought had had intercourse with her and brought him to her.

She said: Yes, this is he. Then they brought him to the Apostle of Allah PBUH.

When he (the Prophet) was about to pass sentence, the man who (actually) had assaulted her stood up and said: Apostle of Allah, I am the man who did it to her.

He (the Prophet) said to her: Go away, for Allah has forgiven you. But he told the man some good words (AbuDawud said: meaning the man who was seized), and of the man who had had intercourse with her, he said: Stone him to death.

He also said: He has repented to such an extent that if the people of Medina had repented similarly, it would have been accepted from them."
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    24:4 says that someone who falsely accuses a women gets 80 lashes..
    ... when there are 4 male witnesses. which will never be the case.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not in the Quran, a Hadith.
    so it does not mean anything, since anyone can make a hadith.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by At peace)
    Can we not just accept that the western worlds treats the women as sexual toy, 10th class citizen or worse.

That's why the two most dangerous countries in the world for women are Afghanistan and Pakistan? Somehow, I don't imagine Paris to be as nasty as Kabul or Lahore. Enjoy your child brides, paedophilia, sex trafficking, marital rapes, genital mutilations, stonings and lashings. :rofl:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    ... when there are 4 male witnesses. which will never be the case.
    "And those who accuse chaste women and then do not produce four witnesses - lash them with eighty lashes and do not accept from them testimony ever after. And those are the defiantly disobedient..."

You misunderstood it. If someone accuses a woman of adultery, and does not produce four witnesses, they get 80 lashes. Understand?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    so it does not mean anything, since anyone can make a hadith.
    This shows you know nothing about Hadith. There is a whole science behind it, you can't just "make up a Hadith".
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    "And those who accuse chaste women and then do not produce four witnesses - lash them with eighty lashes and do not accept from them testimony ever after. And those are the defiantly disobedient..."

You misunderstood it. If someone accuses a woman of adultery, and does not produce four witnesses, they get 80 lashes. Understand?
    obviously u misunderstood it. if a woman gets raped and reports this, the man can sue her for false statement, and she gets 80 lahes. ( stoning if she is married). this is also the law in many muslim countries. wonderful idology.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    obviously u misunderstood it. if a woman gets raped and reports this, the man can sue her for false statement, and she gets 80 lahes. ( stoning if she is married). this is also the law in many muslim countries. wonderful idology.
    You clearly cannot read...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm2:

"And those (the person who accuses) who accuse chaste women and then do not produce four witnesses (ie they accuse but don't give four witnesses) - lash them (the one who accuses) with eighty lashes and do not accept from them testimony ever after. And those are the defiantly disobedient..."

THOSE (the person who accuses) has to produce FOUR WITNESSES to PROVE that the woman committed adultery. If they (the accuser) can't, then they (the accuser) are given lashes.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    OP: I'm with you on this one. It's not the religion that is wrong, it's the laws that are implemented by people.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm2:

"And those (the person who accuses) who accuse chaste women and then do not produce four witnesses (ie they accuse but don't give four witnesses) - lash them (the one who accuses) with eighty lashes and do not accept from them testimony ever after. And those are the defiantly disobedient..."

THOSE (the person who accuses) has to produce FOUR WITNESSES to PROVE that the woman committed adultery. If they (the accuser) can't, then they (the accuser) are given lashes.
    ok:rolleyes:. i take it you agree with the other 3 quran verses though ?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kersteelou)
    OP: I'm with you on this one. It's not the religion that is wrong, it's the laws that are implemented by people.
    which are based on islam:rolleyes:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    which are based on islam:rolleyes:
    Yes I agree, they are based on Islam. But they are not taken straight out of the Qu'ran. They are written by and implemented by human beings. Who are idiots.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    As I said, no country has Sharia fully implemented, so if you're saying that in Islam you have to marry the rapist, give me references from Islamic sources.
    Oh dear, have you absolutely no sense of humour? This was an attempt to lighten the mood of this thread.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 14, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE English mock revision

Revise together & check out past papers

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.