The Student Room Group

AQA CHEM4 - 13th June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
May be a stupid question, but how come you guys are already doing past papers?! I only started my revision last week and no where near ready to attempt a paper :s-smilie:
Reply 101
Original post by jcb123
May be a stupid question, but how come you guys are already doing past papers?! I only started my revision last week and no where near ready to attempt a paper :s-smilie:

I have quite a few exams to revise for :frown: Besides I haven't been working the past two days -epic flu isn't fun.:cry:

How's your revision going? What chapter are you up to? :h:
Reply 102
Original post by Doctor.
I have quite a few exams to revise for :frown: Besides I haven't been working the past two days -epic flu isn't fun.:cry:

How's your revision going? What chapter are you up to? :h:

About to begin Aromatic Chemistry...

Got Amines, Amino Acids, Polymers, Organic Synthesis, Structure Determination still to do! :s-smilie:
Reply 103
Original post by jcb123
About to begin Aromatic Chemistry...

Got Amines, Amino Acids, Polymers, Organic Synthesis, Structure Determination still to do! :s-smilie:

The bolded sections are tiny! You'll be done in no time :smile: Aromatics isn't too bad either. You're working pretty fast! :woo:

The last two, ergh :sick: hate x10820648061036410. No matter how much I revise for it, I keep making mistakes :colondollar: + The answer doesn't make sense to me (for Proton NMR that is!)
*Subscribe*! :smile: I have Chem 4 and Chem 5, also taking Chem 2 :s-smilie:, long holiday ahead, still making noted too. Need to start exam papers ASAP! >_<
Reply 105
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
*Subscribe*! :smile: I have Chem 4 and Chem 5, also taking Chem 2 :s-smilie:, long holiday ahead, still making noted too. Need to start exam papers ASAP! >_<

I did this, but CHEM5, CHEM2 and CHEM1! Just don't rush notes!!!! Besides they're making papers a bit less predictable :frown:
Original post by Doctor.
I did this, but CHEM5, CHEM2 and CHEM1! Just don't rush notes!!!! Besides they're making papers a bit less predictable :frown:

Thanks for the reply! :smile: Yeah I definitely won't, if I can remember it all I should be okay... in theory. :p: How did your trio go? Yeah I know, as long as boundaries follow suit then it shouldn't be too bad I suppose.
Anyone got any tips on remembering all the organics synthesis routes that we need to know?
Original post by MuffinMonster
Anyone got any tips on remembering all the organics synthesis routes that we need to know?

Make a flow chart with all the organic species in it and label up arrows of reagents and conditions between them for all reactions you are supposed to know.

Then either ask a friend/family member to verbally test you on it, or write it out over and over until you know it.
Reply 109
Original post by Doctor.
The bolded sections are tiny! You'll be done in no time :smile: Aromatics isn't too bad either. You're working pretty fast! :woo:

The last two, ergh :sick: hate x10820648061036410. No matter how much I revise for it, I keep making mistakes :colondollar: + The answer doesn't make sense to me (for Proton NMR that is!)

I HATE THE LAST 2 SECTIONS WITH A PASSION! - probs the hardest two?
Reply 110
Original post by jcb123
I HATE THE LAST 2 SECTIONS WITH A PASSION! - probs the hardest two?

:lol: Yeah they have to be the hardest :frown:
Reply 111
Just been though the Nelson Thorns text book today, keeping rather too relaxed for chemistry :frown: Need to do more. Think tomorrow I will do questions for a number of the sections :smile:

How's everyone else doing?
Original post by Doctor.
Just been though the Nelson Thorns text book today, keeping rather too relaxed for chemistry :frown: Need to do more. Think tomorrow I will do questions for a number of the sections :smile:

Spent a week on Chemistry (lol more like 2 days) so focusing on biology now :smile:
Original post by Doctor.

I've pretty much finished making notes for CHEM4. Feel like I don't know much about Amines and Polymers really :frown:. The first chapers are not too bad though :smile: NMR....I know It enough to be able to do questions on it BUT not enough to have an open conversation about It...if thag makes sense lolol

Open conversation? Do you learn well by discussing material with others?
Reply 114
Original post by Doctor.

I've finished all my notes for Chem 4 and Bio F215, so think I will just try and tackle a topic each day and do questions on that specific topic... think that would work well?
Reply 115
Original post by jcb123
I've finished all my notes for Chem 4 and Bio F215, so think I will just try and tackle a topic each day and do questions on that specific topic... think that would work well?

I initially wanted to do that, but then I got carried away and just ended up learning everything in a few days. Now I have many questions to go through :frown: FML.

It sounds like a good plan tbh :h:

Biology exams are a bitch lol :angry:

Original post by nmudz_009
Open conversation? Do you learn well by discussing material with others?

Used to at AS! :colondollar: not any more though :frown: No one taking CHEM4 with me. It's more about understanding though I guess if you do that + past paper questions would be all good! :s-smilie:
Did a past paper today, and got 50/100

FML.
Original post by Doctor.
I initially wanted to do that, but then I got carried away and just ended up learning everything in a few days. Now I have many questions to go through :frown: FML.

It sounds like a good plan tbh :h:

Biology exams are a bitch lol :angry:

Used to at AS! :colondollar: not any more though :frown: No one taking CHEM4 with me. It's more about understanding though I guess if you do that + past paper questions would be all good! :s-smilie:

I find with chemistry, I myt cram stuff in, but if I try an explain to sum1 I find all sorts of doubts in what I'm saying:colondollar: I guess it reveals gaps in my understanding
Reply 118
Original post by Bright.Inspiration.
Did a past paper today, and got 50/100

FML.

What paper was this?:frown: and :hi: hi not seen you on this thread for a while :P

Original post by nmudz_009
I find with chemistry, I myt cram stuff in, but if I try an explain to sum1 I find all sorts of doubts in what I'm saying:colondollar: I guess it reveals gaps in my understanding

haha thats true, it doesn't work well for me because I resort to: "errr, I know this crap give me a harder question"-I actually didnt know the answer lol. If you're not like me, it'll work well! :tongue:
Original post by Doctor.
What paper was this?:frown: and :hi: hi not seen you on this thread for a while :P

:hi:

June 10

It wasn't super hard or anything... I just made lots of bad mistakes :/
I forgot stuff like how AlCl3 is an electophile, the definition of a racemate, etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending