The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Firmers 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sicobiso
leave a post under here if you've firmed aston for 2012!
tell us your major, what accommodation your applying for etc... :smile:
this is a chance for all of us to meet early.

I've accepted my economics and management offer, and applied for the new build 5 bedroom.

Hey I have firmed Aston for Pharmacy 2012....I am an international student from india.. Anyone from india?
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
firmed Aston for Psychology :smile:
Reply 22
I firmed Aston for Computer Science. :smile:
Reply 23
Business and management :biggrin:

1) new build 7
2) new build 5
3) lakeside
4) stafford
Reply 24
Business and Management :smile:

1) New Build 7
2) Lakeside
3) New build 5
4) Stafford
Reply 25
I firmed tonight after visiting for the first time today. Studying biomedical science. I haven't had a chance to look around the accommodation, so if anyone's got any additional info or best/worst places to stay (on campus) i'd greatly appreciate it :biggrin:
Reply 26
Anyone for languages? :s-smilie:
Original post by JakeE10
Anyone for languages? :s-smilie:

There never seems to be a lot of people who are doing/have done languages at Aston on here sadly :frown: Try FB?
Reply 28
Original post by hannah_dru
There never seems to be a lot of people who are doing/have done languages at Aston on here sadly :frown: Try FB?

I know :s-smilie: I don't know why, i've heard Aston has a good rep for Languages ... I can't find anything on facebook either :rolleyes:

Ah well, I'm gonna firm Aston for German later today :biggrin:
Original post by JakeE10
I know :s-smilie: I don't know why, i've heard Aston has a good rep for Languages ... I can't find anything on facebook either :rolleyes:

Ah well, I'm gonna firm Aston for German later today :biggrin:

I think there's maybe fewer people doing languages nowadays. Last year there were only 3 of us doing German & Translation Studies.

Cool :smile:
Reply 30
I think there's maybe fewer people doing languages nowadays. Last year there were only 3 of us doing German & Translation Studies.

Cool :smile:

There was quite a few at the languages open day but most seem to do French or Spanish, very few students study german at uni i've noticed.... :rolleyes:
Original post by JakeE10
There was quite a few at the languages open day but most seem to do French or Spanish, very few students study german at uni i've noticed.... :rolleyes:

Yeah that seems to be the case :frown:
Reply 32
Yeah that seems to be the case :frown:

Did many students study German whilst you were at Aston?

Whether it was single honours, with translation studies or combined with another language/subject... :smile:
Original post by JakeE10
Did many students study German whilst you were at Aston?

Whether it was single honours, with translation studies or combined with another language/subject... :smile:

There was probably a max. of 75-100 people. It didn't really seem like a lot.
Reply 34
There was probably a max. of 75-100 people. It didn't really seem like a lot.

:smile:
Do you know whether it's possible to take a module from another subject area at Aston? For example, if i'm doing german, can I take a module in say, Business?

I know you can do this at most universities but im not sure with Aston... I do know you can study another language for free though :biggrin:
Original post by JakeE10
Do you know whether it's possible to take a module from another subject area at Aston? For example, if i'm doing german, can I take a module in say, Business?

I know you can do this at most universities but im not sure with Aston... I do know you can study another language for free though :biggrin:

As far as I'm aware you get lists of elective modules to choose from. Not ever having any I'm not sure if any business modules are on there but they might be.
Original post by JakeE10

This gives you a list of modules. It might be worth asking someone in LSS just to confirm.
Reply 37
This gives you a list of modules. It might be worth asking someone in LSS just to confirm.

Ah thanks - are all of those modules compulsory? or do you pick a certain amount of them? :smile:
Reply 38
Just firmed for BSc German :biggrin:
Original post by JakeE10
Ah thanks - are all of those modules compulsory? or do you pick a certain amount of them? :smile:

Not all of them are but I know German Language Skills always is. There's a certain number you can pick.

Quick Reply

Latest