Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Firmers 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bea_
I'm a bit late posting on this!
I've firmed Aston to do German.
Accomodation first choice is Lakeside, and I can't remember the rest!

:woo: Enjoy your time doing German at Aston.
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by Bea_
I'm a bit late posting on this!
I've firmed Aston to do German.
Accomodation first choice is Lakeside, and I can't remember the rest!

I've also firmed Aston for German! :smile:
Reply 62
Anyone for Politics?

I'm from about 20 minutes away on the train, hopefully shouldn't hinder me too much! £1 a pint in the Gosta Green every Wednesday btw people!!
Reply 63
Original post by hannah_dru
:woo: Enjoy your time doing German at Aston.

Thank you! I'm really looking forward to it- Aston looks really good for languages.
What did you do in your year abroad?
Reply 64
Original post by JakeE10
I've also firmed Aston for German! :smile:

German at Aston looks so good doesn't it! I like that it's all taught in German and that its all for practical use:smile:
What grades do you need? I'm a bit worried about achieving mine, especially as I really want to go to Aston:/
Original post by Bea_
Thank you! I'm really looking forward to it- Aston looks really good for languages.
What did you do in your year abroad?

Have you been to visit the department?
I worked as an intern translator and proofreader in Bavaria :smile:
Reply 66
Original post by Bea_
German at Aston looks so good doesn't it! I like that it's all taught in German and that its all for practical use:smile:
What grades do you need? I'm a bit worried about achieving mine, especially as I really want to go to Aston:/

Yeah I liked that too! That's why I chose Aston. :smile:
I need BBB and already have 1 of them. You?

:biggrin:
Reply 67
Original post by JakeE10
Yeah I liked that too! That's why I chose Aston. :smile:
I need BBB and already have 1 of them. You?

:biggrin:

I need ABB, but that involves getting a B in Biology :l Fingers crossed they still want me if I don't get the grades (either that or there aren't enough people doing German!)
How come you already have an A level? :smile:

Original post by hannah_dru
Have you been to visit the department?
I worked as an intern translator and proofreader in Bavaria :smile:

Yes, I've been twice now! Wow, that sounds fun! I'd like to do the teaching assistantship, and see if I could also find some work during the summer in Germany or Austria:smile:
Original post by Bea_
Yes, I've been twice now! Wow, that sounds fun! I'd like to do the teaching assistantship, and see if I could also find some work during the summer in Germany or Austria:smile:

Must've made an impression if you went twice :biggrin: You do hear of some jobs going, particularly in local places, so I'd apply. Austria is lovely!
Reply 69
Original post by Bea_
I need ABB, but that involves getting a B in Biology :l Fingers crossed they still want me if I don't get the grades (either that or there aren't enough people doing German!)
How come you already have an A level? :smile:

I've already got an A level because I do English Language and the course is finished & we've already been told our marks for coursework so could work out our overall grade (what it will be) :smile: Me getting BBB also involves me getting a B in Economics which I'm not sure will happen!! I'm sure they will still let students in who are 1 out on the offer, especially for languages :smile: You are the first person i've come across who's doing German at Aston so there's a good sign!! ha :smile:
Reply 70
Aston Firmed fooooor...

PHARMACY :biggrin:

Living in Lakeside.
Reply 71
So hope I get in on Thursday!!! Anyone else firmed a conditional offer?
Reply 72
Original post by cathjones28
woop woop finally got all my offers so i was able to firm aston for biomedical science!!! excited!!! now all i have to do is the accomodation form!!
anyone else for biomedical science or mature students out there firmed aston yet?

I'm doing Biomed at Aston too XD So excited!

Quick Reply

Latest