Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

A2 Resits

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,

So I'm sure there are a few med applicants in my position who may feel as, even though we might get offers, we might not necessarily get the AAA we need.

So I'd just like to ask if anyone knows what unis, if any, accept A2 resits AFTER year 13 i.e during the gap year?

Help would be much appreciated!
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrewpeters)
    Hey Guys,

So I'm sure there are a few med applicants in my position who may feel as, even though we might get offers, we might not necessarily get the AAA we need.

So I'd just like to ask if anyone knows what unis, if any, accept A2 resits AFTER year 13 i.e during the gap year?

Help would be much appreciated!
    Depends if you have extenuating circumstances or not.

You can look here for more information on resit policies: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...Resit_Policies
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    As far as I know, most don't accept resits in "Year 14" unless you have extenuating circumstances. You can always do something like biomedical and then graduate medicine. Another option would be to do a foundation year in medicine. I know that's not quite answering your question but I thought I'd let you know the other options if you didn't already

Problem with the above link is that the requirements for most have changed. You can still look into the ones that "did" accept it to check they still do. Gl
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yes you can. I had three offers last year but I didn't get the grades. I really wanted to do medicine and found Liverpool and Lancaster consider resit students who don't have extenuating circumstances provided they get CCC the first time. I resat my exams in January I now have my grades and got an offer from Lancaster today. So there is hope if you don't get the required grades the first time.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aysh161)
    Yes you can. I had three offers last year but I didn't get the grades. I really wanted to do medicine and found Liverpool and Lancaster consider resit students who don't have extenuating circumstances provided they get CCC the first time. I resat my exams in January I now have my grades and got an offer from Lancaster today. So there is hope if you don't get the required grades the first time.
    Well done on your offer! So Liverpool and Lancaster are the only 2 that consider resits?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrewpeters)
    Well done on your offer! So Liverpool and Lancaster are the only 2 that consider resits?
    No there is also
    Peninsula (Exeter/Plymouth medical school)
    Southampton
    UEA (Norwich medical school)
    BSMS
    Apparently Manchester as well
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yeah any of the ones that myyrh said but with most of them you have to have got AAB at first sitting

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 18, 2012
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.