Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am I a douche driver for doing the follow?

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    On the dual carriageway, overtaking lorrys and slowpokes at 80 mph... Some kid comes behind me flashing his lights. I look left and I was still over-taking a group of lorrys, I wasn't going to sit behing a lorry so he could get past. So he starts tailgating me. I sped up to about 90 and he was still tailgating me so... I hit my breaks and looked in the wing mirror, his face was utter shock and fear. Lucky I only tapped it so the red lights came on. He tryed to undertake me, so I sped up so he couldnt and he got stuck behind a lorry...

Second I should of moved to left lane as it was two lane merging to one lane, I left it late I admit... Woman wouldn't let me in to left lane, I indicated but she sped up.. So I just pulled in slowly so she had to brake and move back, she didn't look happy.

Third, I drove past an old man who cut me off and pulled my middle finger at him and he flashed his lights at me...

My friends said I am a "douche" for doing this but its not like it happened on the same day..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The only unwise thing you did was tap the brakes. He could have panicked, hit his own brakes and that could have turned into an accident of itself. Which at those speeds might well have been fatal.

Yeah he was being a bumhole but the best punishment is to stay calm, finish your overtake, and let him get on.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Some days driving can be a very volatile experience, many people who have license shouldn't, woo sa is a requirement, the old cut me up and tailgating me is an insult punishable by death, glad I haven't drove for so long now. No you aren't a douche you are just another driver letting his emotions get the better of him. I could have ripped my steering wheel off and smashed my vehicle up sometimes because of how bloody stupid some people drive. I am a calm guy on road, honest:rolleyes: speed limit all the way
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    First two not so douchey, though highly dangerous . The last one was douchey.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I approve
    If someone tailgates me on a normal road I like to slowww right down to about 10mph take my foot off the pedal to piss them off more.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Better not to aggravate other drivers and be easily annoyed. Road rage really isn't wise at those speeds (or any speed).
    Though of course not your fault you couldn't move left.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't brake to force people to slow down, at those speeds you need a good distance to react in time at all. If he was tailgating his only option may have been to swerve to the left, causing the lorries to brake and possibly jackknife. He might of thought you were going to slam on the brakes and not just tap them like you did.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    First one - no, not douchey, though a little dangerous as others have said. If you're going faster than traffic in the lefthand lane, you have a perfect right to be there. he'll just have to deal with it until you are done.

The second one...in all honesty, I do that (what the woman did). Drives me nuts when I've merged when I've been told to, then some muppet comes streaking up the outside and tries to push in. If it looks like it was an accident, then I'll let them in - my judgment for this is usually if they're not going at a million miles and hour up the outside line right to the end of the lane, and look a little sheepish...

Last one...well, sounds like he was a bit of a plonker, to be honest...
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Driving isn't a game :dots:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheStudent.)
    Driving isn't a game :dots:
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Jatt_Joker)
    LMAO!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I do the same thing when people tailgate, I also hold my finger up the to rear screen so they know to **** off. I'll pull in when I can stop being an ********.

Second, yes pushing in is a dick move, we all do it but acknowledge you're a dick for doing it.

Third yeah I would have done the same, anyone cuts me up I get majorly pissed off. I followed some ****er in a barryed up corsa for about 10 minutes once with the intention of beating the **** out of him but I got bored and sped off to college.
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michaelj)
    On the dual carriageway, overtaking lorrys and slowpokes at 80 mph... Some kid comes behind me flashing his lights. I look left and I was still over-taking a group of lorrys, I wasn't going to sit behing a lorry so he could get past. So he starts tailgating me. I sped up to about 90 and he was still tailgating me so... I hit my breaks and looked in the wing mirror, his face was utter shock and fear. Lucky I only tapped it so the red lights came on. He tryed to undertake me, so I sped up so he couldnt and he got stuck behind a lorry...

Second I should of moved to left lane as it was two lane merging to one lane, I left it late I admit... Woman wouldn't let me in to left lane, I indicated but she sped up.. So I just pulled in slowly so she had to brake and move back, she didn't look happy.

Third, I drove past an old man who cut me off and pulled my middle finger at him and he flashed his lights at me...

My friends said I am a "douche" for doing this but its not like it happened on the same day..
    If you are driving faster than the lane to the left, fair enough on the first point. Be careful braking if you don't need to though, if you caused an accident, you could be to blame. If you then didn't stop, you could get a jail term for causing an accident and not stopping.

Second depends - it sounds like you cut her up, if she hadn't of reacted, she could have read-ended you, with it being at least 50% your fault.

Third, is it really needed to swear at other road users?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmhumphries)
    If you are driving faster than the lane to the left, fair enough on the first point. Be careful braking if you don't need to though, if you caused an accident, you could be to blame. If you then didn't stop, you could get a jail term for causing an accident and not stopping.

Second depends - it sounds like you cut her up, if she hadn't of reacted, she could have read-ended you, with it being at least 50% your fault.

Third, is it really needed to swear at other road users?

Well I the traffic was stood still and I saw an empty space and went for it. She then moved forward. I was only testing her, moving slowly.. If she didn't bite the bullet then I would of bottled it I guess. I don't wanna pay insurance lol.

Third point I suppose its no excuse but I was in a bit of a mood.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's only a bit of banter. At least it proves you're fearless and your friends are obviously cowards deep down if they think that is douche like behaviour. That is normal procedure around London, if we can ever find a road to get up to that speed.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    No wonder so many people die on the road each year...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 18, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.