The Student Room Group

Difficult situation.

im in a difficult situation.
i have several projects i have been working on for some time. i believe i might know how to make an object levitate using a combination of high voltage ac and dc. the basic idea is to alter oscillations of particles in a body which can be used to convert an electrical force to a mechanical force i believe but im not going into detail here. I have had to keep my project quiet for some time because they would not let me use a lab to build it and told me i could not test it in my room. today they found out about it and said i can build it in the lab. Up till now i have had no problem having somewhere to test it because my mum said i could test it in the garden, however just as luck would have it, i got in an argument with my sister and that resulted in her lying to mum but anyway now i have nowhere to test it. it means a huge amount to me that i succeed at this and although i like my degree, i am going to have to leave the university and get a job so i can get my own place if i cant find somewhere else to test it. They wont let me test it on campus because of the high voltages, i am experienced with using hundreds of kv but they wont take that and just wont let me and i dont know what to do i don't want to drop out but im going to have to if i dont find somewhere to test it. Anyone have any ideas of places that might let me? if anyone is local in bath and has a garden i could test it in, its only an occasional thing i just want to run the marx generator for about 10 seconds to see it works and the large tesla coil when finish building it but i can power that using inverter circuits and car batteries and i will give u 30- 40 pound for letting me use your garden doesn't take long once its all built i will want to test the whole thing to see if i can make something levitate but this wont need any attachment to a house at all and should not take long.

Quick Reply

Latest