The Student Room Group

Need Advice on Choosing Uni

May i know which Uni is good in Mechanical Engineering ?
Because i am going to UK this SEPT but i dont have enough information about UK Uni.

If possible, i would like to know the average living cost also.

Any Suggestion and Opinions will be appreciated. Thanks.
Reply 1
Depends on what marks you are expecting. Normally around 13000-16000 pounds for Eng.
Reply 2
Original post by zshen91
May i know which Uni is good in Mechanical Engineering ?
Because i am going to UK this SEPT but i dont have enough information about UK Uni.

If possible, i would like to know the average living cost also.

Any Suggestion and Opinions will be appreciated. Thanks.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume you're Chinese from your username? I'd suggest going to a University in England, Wales or Northern Ireland as a Bachelors usually lasts 3 years and a Masters lasts 4 years, where as in Scotland, they last 4 and 5 years respectively (1 year extra per degree).
I can't help you on which Universities to choose, but in terms of living costs, but I know that Belfast is said to be the cheapest city in the UK, followed by Liverpool. Other cheap places are said to be Cardiff, Glasgow (Scotland) and Manchester. I think all of them off Mechanical Engineering. I also read an article recently that Plymouth was the cheapest city for University students, but the other Universities that I listed tend to be more highly regarded and 'prestigious'.
Reply 3
Original post by HurricaneDominic
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume you're Chinese from your username? I'd suggest going to a University in England, Wales or Northern Ireland as a Bachelors usually lasts 3 years and a Masters lasts 4 years, where as in Scotland, they last 4 and 5 years respectively (1 year extra per degree).
I can't help you on which Universities to choose, but in terms of living costs, but I know that Belfast is said to be the cheapest city in the UK, followed by Liverpool. Other cheap places are said to be Cardiff, Glasgow (Scotland) and Manchester. I think all of them off Mechanical Engineering. I also read an article recently that Plymouth was the cheapest city for University students, but the other Universities that I listed tend to be more highly regarded and 'prestigious'.

thanks man

Quick Reply

Latest