The Student Room Group

St. Mary's uni or Roehampton?

Hi guys I'm absolubtely torn between these two uni's: St. Mary's and Roehampton. I've recieved offers from both to study primary education this September and I quite like both...at this stage I'm leaning towards St. Mary's a bit because the interview was a bit more friendly and relaxed and I really loved the campus. I quite like the whole community feel as well but worrried that this means the uni will lack diversity which I understand Roehampton has a bit more of in students. I'm just hoping I can recieve any advice from former or current students or even students who have made their decisions as to which university would suit me best and which is easier make friends at and have a good time during my stay there. I'm a quite outgoing person and love to party so hopefully some of you can make suggestions as to which has a better social/night life and which uni you would personally go for..
Thanks in advance! :smile:
Reply 1
Hi,
I'm in the EXACT situation you were in last year now :tongue:
What did you decide? What do you think I should do?
Reply 2
Ive visited st Mary's once and Its a nice campus , my sister went to St Mary's uni (chose it over roehampton I think) and she always says that she has met some great people and had an amazing time. She's Studing media in third year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by elliot_123
Ive visited st Mary's once and Its a nice campus , my sister went to St Mary's uni (chose it over roehampton I think) and she always says that she has met some great people and had an amazing time. She's Studing media in third year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree, St Marys is a stunning university and is small :tongue: I love that! But regarding course success, I am undecided!
Original post by mdavokal1
Hi guys I'm absolubtely torn between these two uni's: St. Mary's and Roehampton. I've recieved offers from both to study primary education this September and I quite like both...at this stage I'm leaning towards St. Mary's a bit because the interview was a bit more friendly and relaxed and I really loved the campus. I quite like the whole community feel as well but worrried that this means the uni will lack diversity which I understand Roehampton has a bit more of in students. I'm just hoping I can recieve any advice from former or current students or even students who have made their decisions as to which university would suit me best and which is easier make friends at and have a good time during my stay there. I'm a quite outgoing person and love to party so hopefully some of you can make suggestions as to which has a better social/night life and which uni you would personally go for..
Thanks in advance! :smile:

Hello (: I am at St Mary's, and as much as I don't do Primary Ed so I can't comment on the course, I can comment about your worry about the diversity. To put it bluntly, it's an absolutely tiny place, and it is a Catholic institution, so it is definitely not as diverse as going to a big uni. That being said, it is still quite a mixed bunch, and the vast majority of people are different or no religion rather than everyone being Catholic. I think that if you are choosing based on where you will find the most varied bunch of people and the best social and nightlife, I would choose Roehampton. However for someone who wants a smaller, more intimiate community type campus, St Mary's is definitely perfect.
Original post by elliot_123

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm a third year Media student at St Mary's :biggrin: Who is your sister?

Quick Reply

Latest