The Student Room Group

University of Dundee - DJCAD applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by smschneider
just sent my portfolio today. does anyone know when we'll hear back? by 10th of may? ohhh such a long wait. i had an interview for gsa but just got rejected today. bbahh!

I'm sorry :c what were you applying for at gsa?
Woow...10th May is pretty late date...:s-smilie: How many pictures does your portfolio include?
Reply 21
Original post by Magdalena.
I have send my portfolio the day before yesterday :smile: But of course, now I'm worrying if I have done everything properly, I hope it will come in proper time and so on...classic x) Before the applications I have asked some unis, what if my school does not offer art and eny equivalent, they said that if sb's talented than there's no problem. So, I really hope they do not discriminate people because of that! And heyy, don't be stressed about your sketches! :wink: I believe that they're really good and you'll get an offer! :smile:
And about TOEFL, actually I am not well informed about the english exams, couse I am in international baccalaurate school, and therefore it's not required in my case :smile:

Well, I don't know... Actually I don't have enough sketchbook and research work so this might be a problem... I was also wandering if some sketchbook work and finished work should be combined in one image? What have you done? Oh, and there is a form which should be completed and attached with every portfolio but I'm not sure if this is regarding the CDs too :confused:

Thank you for the support, very kind of you :smile: I hope you get in! Is Dundee your first wish or you hope you get in another uni?
I'm sorry :c what were you applying for at gsa?
Woow...10th May is pretty late date...:s-smilie: How many pictures does your portfolio include?

painting+printmaking. it's quite hard to get in onto that course so i am really happy that i got as far as i did, given the fact that i applied for the first time and havent painted for a long time=) hoping to get into dundee though! if not, we'll try again next year right=)
where did you apply besides djcad?
Reply 23
Original post by Usmih
Well, I don't know... Actually I don't have enough sketchbook and research work so this might be a problem... I was also wandering if some sketchbook work and finished work should be combined in one image? What have you done? Oh, and there is a form which should be completed and attached with every portfolio but I'm not sure if this is regarding the CDs too :confused:

Thank you for the support, very kind of you :smile: I hope you get in! Is Dundee your first wish or you hope you get in another uni?

well, about sketchbooks, as I have seen in some portfolio-advices (but by various unis), it's ok to combine some pictures on one image. I think it's usefull when it comes to drawings in progress or some projects including few elements. But please note, that that's just my interpretation, I have done some images in this way, not all, I've single works too, but maybe it'll help you somehow :wink: When it comes to those labels A and B as I remember, I have attached it to my cd cover :smile:I think it's better to give to much of data instead of missing something : D Hope it's good logic! ^^
Reply 24
well, about sketchbooks, as I have seen in some portfolio-advices (but by various unis), it's ok to combine some pictures on one image. I think it's usefull when it comes to drawings in progress or some projects including few elements. But please note, that that's just my interpretation, I have done some images in this way, not all, I've single works too, but maybe it'll help you somehow :wink: When it comes to those labels A and B as I remember, I have attached it to my cd cover :smile:I think it's better to give to much of data instead of missing something : D Hope it's good logic! ^^

ha ha I agree with you. I've decided to scan the A and B labels and to put them as first image or sth. But your idea is actually very good. I'll think about it. Do you know what means this point from the instruction notes:
3. Examples of work should, if possible, be mounted (given their own space) no matter how inexpensively. Small pieces might benefit from being mounted together.

Thank you for the help, I hope I will be ready in two or three days. :smile: If you don't mind I'll be happy to see your portfolio after we receive the decision of the university. :smile:
Reply 25
Did anyone apply for illustration??
if sending portfolio as a disk, whats the address we've to send it to? I applied as a home student but currently living abroad, so only received the home status stuff :frown:
I still haven't heard anything about sending away portfolios.. in fact I've had no word at all since I got told they had received my application. Total starting to worry now since it's April.

Anyone else not heard back?
Reply 28
Original post by burnamiracle
I still haven't heard anything about sending away portfolios.. in fact I've had no word at all since I got told they had received my application. Total starting to worry now since it's April.

Anyone else not heard back?

I think you should contact them as fast as you can... may be telephone call will be the best option. May be something went wrong, I think you should have received invitation for the portfolio by now.. I'm not sure but I think you totally should ask them. I don't know where are you from but there is one week left till the deadline...
(edited 12 years ago)
does anyone know when they'll start sending out offers? i posted my disc about two weeks ago.
Reply 30
does anyone know when they'll start sending out offers? i posted my disc about two weeks ago.

If you applied for general foundation then you will have to wait till the first week of May- because submition date for general foundation course portfolio is today, tomorrow and saturday. They are going to keep our folios for two weeks and we can pick them up on 28th April. Then they will start to send out offers. It was like that last year. They have to look at everyones work first and then make decisions : )
Original post by Nattalia
If you applied for general foundation then you will have to wait till the first week of May- because submition date for general foundation course portfolio is today, tomorrow and saturday. They are going to keep our folios for two weeks and we can pick them up on 28th April. Then they will start to send out offers. It was like that last year. They have to look at everyones work first and then make decisions : )

ahhh fair enough. i though the deadline was a week ago. i kind of regret not waiting a bit longer as i have some new work i think is stronger than some of what i included on the disc. you applied last year too?
Reply 32
ahhh fair enough. i though the deadline was a week ago. i kind of regret not waiting a bit longer as i have some new work i think is stronger than some of what i included on the disc. you applied last year too?

Don't think like that. It will always feel like you could do sth better but but I'm sure the works you sent will represent you in the best light. It's important you have to be positive :smile:
Reply 33

You shouldnt worry about it now, all we can do now is just to think positive.
I applied last year too, just after high school, so i wasnt suprised i didnt get in. Thats why i know how it all works however i wish i could just know right now if i got a place or not. :biggrin:
Reply 34
I can't wait.... and in the same time I'm scared to see the answer :biggrin:DD
Reply 35
I got an unconditional too. :biggrin: (I then managed to get locked out of my UCAS account for getting my password wrong too many times!)
Reply 36
Aww, im soo jealous, i havent heard back yet. And im suprised that they started to send out offers soo early! :biggrin:
ohhhh my god what is going on. now i'm nervous. havem't heard back yet. congratulations you guys who got an unconditional!!!!
(edited 12 years ago)
i'm ill and can't move out of bed= i'll be refreshing my e-mail page 50 times a minute, all day..... good times. i don't know if these threads are good for you you know!
does anyone know how many places there are for general foundation?
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest