The Student Room Group

University of Dundee - DJCAD applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by smschneider
does anyone know how many places there are for general foundation?

The website says there are 170 places, so stay positive!
Original post by reeka
I got an unconditional too. :biggrin: (I then managed to get locked out of my UCAS account for getting my password wrong too many times!)

Aww well done. I'm sure you're pleased! Do you mind me asking what it was for?
Reply 42
Original post by kittareynor
Aww well done. I'm sure you're pleased! Do you mind me asking what it was for?

Thank you! It's for the foundation year. :smile:
sent a digital portfolio away last Friday and now just waiting to hear back! anyone know if they do interviews this late in the process or is it just offers or whatever? This is for second year fine art by the wayyyy.
Hey :smile: Got an unconditional offer for the foundation year on Friday which I've accepted. I cannot wait to start now!
Reply 45
Original post by strawberryfieldss
Hey :smile: Got an unconditional offer for the foundation year on Friday which I've accepted. I cannot wait to start now!

Congrats!
ohhhhh i got a conditional yesterday! i am so excited. see you in september everyone!
Has anyone gotten into Animation at Dundee yet? If so are you accepting the offer?
Reply 48
Original post by kittareynor
Has anyone gotten into Animation at Dundee yet? If so are you accepting the offer?

My boyfriend accepted a place a couple of weeks ago!
Does anyone know how many people applied to the general foundation course? Or how many applied last year? :redface:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 50
Original post by verachimera
Does anyone know how many people applied to the general foundation course? Or how many applied last year? :redface:

Apparently there was 700+ applicant this year for 170/180 places
Original post by angieb443
Apparently there was 700+ applicant this year for 170/180 places

jeeeeez. That's still better than edinburgh or glasgow though! I got invited to the applicants day at ECA and I was one of 600 out of 4000 applicants. Crazy!!
Reply 52
I got rejected...

Does anyone know if it's possible to make them change thier mind? I'm an overseas student, and I really hate the idea of having to fly back to Italy. The instructions for the portfolio I didn't understand very well, so I might have given them the wrong thing. I actually have tons of good artwork to show. I've done jewelerry, comics, paintings, videos, graphics, designing all my life.

They haven't been answering any emails when i asked about how to prepare my portfolio. I have even tried going to the college myself, but they were like "uuuh send us other emails...derp". nice service, man. really helpful people i must say!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Papalaman
I got rejected...

Does anyone know if it's possible to make them change thier mind? I'm an overseas student, and I really hate the idea of having to fly back to Italy. The instructions for the portfolio I didn't understand very well, so I might have given them the wrong thing. I actually have tons of good artwork to show. I've done jewelerry, comics, paintings, videos, graphics, designing all my life.

They haven't been answering any emails when i asked about how to prepare my portfolio. I have even tried going to the college myself, but they were like "uuuh send us other emails...derp". nice service, man. really helpful people i must say!

I've heard of a few people sending a letter asking them to reconsider and also know of 2 people who have had phone calls before the course started to tell them they had changed their mind and were offering them a place after all, presumably because others had rejected the offer and more spaces were available.
Reply 54
I've heard of a few people sending a letter asking them to reconsider and also know of 2 people who have had phone calls before the course started to tell them they had changed their mind and were offering them a place after all, presumably because others had rejected the offer and more spaces were available.

:smile: This gave me hope.

I'd like to speak with the tutor that judged my portfolio. It was a complete mess for various reasons...

If I don't get anywhere I'll try in clearing.
Reply 55

Thank you! I just sent them email to ask. I'm so sorry I didn't do this earlier. I was so disappointed that I just stopped thinking about it.
Reply 56
Is there someone of you who has been admitted for fine art and is willing to show me their portfolio... it's just that I don't know the level they want me to achieve to get in....
mine is half fine art and half design, i can show show the fine art half if you still want to see someone elses.

Quick Reply

Latest