Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are hot pants too short/slutty?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I just got some high waisted denim shorts (as I'm into the vintage '50's beach look) but I'm worried they are going to be too short. Is it a slutty look? Because I want to look cute but not slutty.

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/st...ductId=4629214

They come up to me on the same place as the mannequin. Since England is a chilly place, I'll probably where them with black 30 dernier tights, but I would like to wear them bare legged in the summer.

I want to dress like this http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...AQ9QEwAA&dur=2

I am a size 10 btw and have an athletic build with toned legs, but not pin thin legs. And the shorts aren't that tight on me.

Any advice or opinions on the shorts! <3

p.s. I haven't put up pictures of myself wearing the shorts because I want a general opinion of if people think short shorts are slutty, not the thread to be a body fascist thread on my body and weight (also I'm not an extreme example, i.e. a fat girl trying to wear shorts)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you want to wear them, then wear them. :sexface:

They aren't terribly slutty at all...
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you're asking this question, you obviously don't have the confidence to wear them (and probably never will). Plenty wear them and I doubt they care about trivials things like this.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    But they don't even look that short at all? Actually in my opinion they look a bit longer than some shorts girls wear these days. But I also agree with the above person.

EDIT: Sorry, I just realised that they're high waisted so maybe that's why they look a bit 'longer'. But even so what I said still KINDA goes really. Lots of girls wear shorts at that length so it's no big deal.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    As long as your bum isn't hanging out (one of my pet hates) wear your shorts with pride.

The high waisted, loose blouse style is nice and I'd wear it if I had the legs.
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    With tights they are OK, with no tights I think they are slutty. This is just my opinion and of course not the opinion of every man but I prefer women who are more modestly dressed.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    With tights they are OK, with no tights I think they are slutty. This is just my opinion and of course not the opinion of every man but I prefer women who are more modestly dressed.
    ^This.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    it all depends what you wear it with, i like the blouse idea mentioned, but just dont have short shorts, and a tight boob showing top, (i like the shorts btw, wish i could carry them off! think its time for me to start hitting the gym lol )
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wear what the **** you feel like wearing. Sod the idiots that would consider it 'slutty'.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, they're hot, it's in the name. They'd be called slutty pants otherwise.

Gotta love it when the hot pants come out in summer!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    don't worry they look fine
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Are hot pants too short/slutty?
    Never :sexface:
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pi!)
    Wear what the **** you feel like wearing. Sod the idiots that would consider it 'slutty'.
    I like the idea behind this post but why are people who consider it slutty "idiots"? They are no more idiotic than those who don't consider it slutty, it's opinion.

And she posted a thread asking for opinions, so we should give her them.

I agree with wearing what you want though.
    • 48 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pi!)
    +1
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I don't like them as I don't think they're very respectable, however you're an individual so just wear what you like (within reason) confidently.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you'll look great in them as long as you wear them with a smile
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you feel comfortable in them, wear them. I personally think they look nice.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like the idea behind this post but why are people who consider it slutty "idiots"? They are no more idiotic than those who don't consider it slutty, it's opinion.

And she posted a thread asking for opinions, so we should give her them.

I agree with wearing what you want though.
    Because "slutty" is an idiotic word
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animalnitrate)
    Because "slutty" is an idiotic word
    Look at the thread title again.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Look at the thread title again.
    It's still an idiotic word

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 20, 2012
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.