The Student Room Group

LJMU Firmed for Pharmacy!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Chilledice
Liverpool is an amazing student city. If you want to do something, you can find a way to do it, everything in central is walking distance away and there's tons of great nightlife. Definitely the best student city I've been to out of London, Bristol, Southampton, Manchester and Winchester (the other's I've been in :P)

Awesome! So excited!! CANNY WAIT!
Reply 81
Original post by dollar
Awesome! So excited!! CANNY WAIT!

Same here :yep:

I found out last week that only 2 people (including me) got offered a place to read Pharmacy at LJMU out of 18/19 people. Was prerty shocked! :eek:
Reply 82
Original post by Doctor.
Same here :yep:

I found out last week that only 2 people (including me) got offered a place to read Pharmacy at LJMU out of 18/19 people. Was prerty shocked! :eek:

Wow really? How'd you find out?! Do tell! Maybe they made a mistake with me :s-smilie:
Reply 83
Original post by dollar
Wow really? How'd you find out?! Do tell! Maybe they made a mistake with me :s-smilie:

Our school asks everyone whwre they've been accepted and rejected close to the end of the UCAS cycle. There was a typed up copy of it in the careers office :tongue: I counted least 18/19 people rejected from LJMU :dontknow:

Think they've had a lot of interest for Pharmacy this year! Even on the open day, they were saying it :s-smilie:

Were awesome for getting in :colonhash: jk jk :smile:
Reply 84
Original post by Doctor.
Our school asks everyone whwre they've been accepted and rejected close to the end of the UCAS cycle. There was a typed up copy of it in the careers office :tongue: I counted least 18/19 people rejected from LJMU :dontknow:

Think they've had a lot of interest for Pharmacy this year! Even on the open day, they were saying it :s-smilie:

Were awesome for getting in :colonhash: jk jk :smile:

It's ok to be a little chuffed with yourself! Can't wait to leave home...think I might go back once a year at Christmas :P
Reply 85
Original post by dollar
It's ok to be a little chuffed with yourself! Can't wait to leave home...think I might go back once a year at Christmas :P

I feel a little bit worried about well...a lot:

-How hard the course is?
-Will I miss family?
-Will I make friends?

I think how hard the course is the one that is getting me a little. :colondollar:

Other than that, I'm really quite excited to be moving out!!!!!!!! :cool:
Reply 86
Original post by Doctor.

-How hard the course is?
-Will I miss family?
-Will I make friends?

I think how hard the course is the one that is getting me a little. :colondollar:

Lots of people have managed the degree and come out the other end alive! You'll be fine!
Original post by Doctor.

-How hard the course is?
-Will I miss family?
-Will I make friends?

Quick-fire answers:
- It is tough but don't forget you're training to become a healthcare professional and people's lives will be in your hands. The course reflects this in volume of material and also the nature of the material itself. However, don't worry too much as it's manageable and I wouldn't go as far to say it is too hard. If you can survive death by A-levels you should survive Pharmacy.

- Now and again yes, but that's to be expected. You get used to it, then you become your own person, then you don't want to go home and when you are home you can't wait to leave! hehe.

- YES! The pharmacy course is 9-5 so you will make many of your lifelong friends from the pharmacy course. If you are interested in sports or other societies join them and you will easilly make friends there.
Reply 88
Right guys, do you think its way too early to start buying books?

I've been contemplating it since I really do get motivated for upcoming exams if I have some awesone books to look at :colonhash:

Plus Im scared the world may run out of books :colondollar: and I like to have my 'personal' copy - I highlight books, A LOT :lol:
Original post by Doctor.
Right guys, do you think its way too early to start buying books?

I've been contemplating it since I really do get motivated for upcoming exams if I have some awesone books to look at :colonhash:

Plus Im scared the world may run out of books :colondollar: and I like to have my 'personal' copy - I highlight books, A LOT :lol:

You will be given a book-list either before you start or on the first day. Some of the second and third year students also give talks about the course, the city, being a student, and you can ask them which books are worth buying.
Reply 90
Original post by TigerSwift
Quick-fire answers:
- It is tough but don't forget you're training to become a healthcare professional and people's lives will be in your hands. The course reflects this in volume of material and also the nature of the material itself. However, don't worry too much as it's manageable and I wouldn't go as far to say it is too hard. If you can survive death by A-levels you should survive Pharmacy.

- Now and again yes, but that's to be expected. You get used to it, then you become your own person, then you don't want to go home and when you are home you can't wait to leave! hehe.

- YES! The pharmacy course is 9-5 so you will make many of your lifelong friends from the pharmacy course. If you are interested in sports or other societies join them and you will easilly make friends there.

Are lectures/labs etc 9-5 everyday? :O
Original post by dollar
Are lectures/labs etc 9-5 everyday? :O

No, it's all going to depend on your timetable, but you'll probably have something around 25-30 hours of contact time, so some days may be 9-4, others only 9-1 or even 2-5. Definitely wont be 9-5 every day
Reply 92
No, it's all going to depend on your timetable, but you'll probably have something around 25-30 hours of contact time, so some days may be 9-4, others only 9-1 or even 2-5. Definitely wont be 9-5 every day

:biggrin: okies
Reply 93

That's good to hear, 9-5 everyday doesn't seem nice :no:
Original post by Doctor.
That's good to hear, 9-5 everyday doesn't seem nice :no:

The official line from the School of Pharmacy is that you should be spending a lot of free time doing independent study though, some people probably do 9-5 if you include independent work!

And don't get me started about pre-exam revision.. But that's normal for any course!
Reply 95
The official line from the School of Pharmacy is that you should be spending a lot of free time doing independent study though, some people probably do 9-5 if you include independent work!

And don't get me started about pre-exam revision.. But that's normal for any course!

Ah that's fair enough. I don't really enjoy working/classes. I find independent working much more...fun in a way.

No distractions etc :tongue:

Can't really se when I'd revise stuff if it was all 9-5 each and every day! I'm one of them people who do revision all the way throughout the course :tongue:
Reply 96
Hi, I firmed LJMU for Biology, but I cant find a Biology thread so I thought I would ask here if that's ok...

Is anyone staying in Opal Court?
And do you know if they include an extra AS in the UCAS points, I know they accept EPQ as well as 3 a levels, but wasn't sure about the as grade?

x
Reply 97
Original post by Leannek
Hi, I firmed LJMU for Biology, but I cant find a Biology thread so I thought I would ask here if that's ok...

Is anyone staying in Opal Court?
And do you know if they include an extra AS in the UCAS points, I know they accept EPQ as well as 3 a levels, but wasn't sure about the as grade?

x

I know for pharmacy they don't count it, although it may differ for your course! Just send them an email asking, they're pretty fast at responding :smile:

Oh and Im firmed etc :biggrin: staying at Atlantic point....I think :tongue:
Reply 98
Original post by Doctor.
I know for pharmacy they don't count it, although it may differ for your course! Just send them an email asking, they're pretty fast at responding :smile:

Oh and Im firmed etc :biggrin: staying at Atlantic point....I think :tongue:

Ok thank you, will send them an email :smile:
Ah ok, seriously I can't find anyone in opal court...I'm starting to get worried lol :P

wat is the lowest grade u have heard of of som1 being accepted to ljmu pharmarcy in ure year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending