(Original post by africananimals)
Let us all post possible questions to get started. I will start:
On the last line of paragraph 52 on page 8 of the Scientific Article, there is a statement about the number of women dying because of HIV/AIDS. Explain how the disease caused by HIV has a sequence of symptoms that may result in death.
On paragraph 3 of page 1 of the article, there's a statement : "Obesity is defined as a surplus of body fat which is detrimental to health. This fat, or white adipose tissue (WAT), is located underneath the skin and around the internal organs and stores excess energy in the form of triglycerides."
Describe the structure of a typical fat molecule. Support your answer with a diagram of the fat molecule.
On paragraph 3 of page 1 of the article, there's a statement: "WAT located around the abdomen (giving rise to the ‘apple’ body shape) is considered more dangerous than fat stored around the hips and thighs as it is strongly correlated with type 2 diabetes, heart disease and certain types of cancer."
- Explain what is meant by a correlation
- Explain the difference between a correlation and causal relationship
- Explain why WAT located around the abdomens is dangerous for the heart
- Describe and explain what may lead to obesity
On paragraph 8 of page 1 of the Scientific Article, there's this statement: "Neuroscientists at Brigham Young University in Utah examined subconscious feelings about body image through fMRI analysis of the brains of healthy men and women who were assessed psychometrically as being confident with their bodies."
- Describe and explain how functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) scans can be used to investigate brain structure and function.
- There's another imaging technique called Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI).
Describe and explain how Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans can be used to investigate brain structure and function.
Compare MRI and fMRI scans.
Hope you find them useful. Use your knowledge and understanding to answer them.