The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
For law, Manchester, definately
Reply 2
Bristol, for sure. It's more highly regarded I think, and also, the links Bristol has is pretty impressive. Plus they have great Study Abroad opportunities (Manchester may have this for all I know, but I don't).

Also, Bristol's offers for Law tend to be better; that's what I understood from my experience anyway.
Absolutely definitely Bristol. Bristol is extremely highly regarded in legal circles and I'm not just saying it because I go there!
Reply 4
why is bristol more highly regarded. in a recent league table i saw, theyve dropped to below the top 15! Ok so that's subjective, but they dont seem to be as highly regarded in the tables recently.
I have no idea why that is but I doubt very much they were outside the top 15 for law. I have done tonnes of work experience (six mini-pupillages, one vacation placement and a placement in a legal dept of a council) and they have all told me Bristol is one of the top top unis to go to for law.

Also, I do not have a single friend who wants to be a solicitor and hasnt got a training contract, 80% at MC firms.
Reply 6
League tables mean nothing. Bristol is one of the best regarded Universities by Law firms. Bristol without any question.
Reply 7
Bristol :top: yer!
Reply 8
Bristol definitely!
Reply 9
I would go with Bristol.
I hardly call it a tough decision. Bristol definitely! Well if you look at the Times univ league, they even ranked Manchester above LSE! IMO I don't think it is quite accurate. So my advice is only look at the league table as the last factor...in fact no harm done if you don't look at it all!
Reply 11
like everyone else has said: bristol.
Reply 12
Prob Bristol. God, i would kill for an offer....ok i sound like a psyco!
Reply 13
Suzi
why is bristol more highly regarded. in a recent league table i saw, theyve dropped to below the top 15! Ok so that's subjective, but they dont seem to be as highly regarded in the tables recently.

Oh, do bugger off.

Unequivocally, Bristol.
Reply 14
Matchu
For law, Manchester, definately

And, lo; the voice of objectivity did speak.
Reply 15
Suzi

Hmm.. yes i found that strange too, but it's still pretty highly regarded. I had heard that up until the LNAT was introduced bristol had been beginning to be dissappointed by the calibre of their law students. They were all highly intelligent but really struggled with the course and perhaps this would explain the fluctuations in the league tables... i don't really know but it's still one of the best anyway.:smile:

Hey Suzi, i thought you weren't too keen on Bristol....what made you change your mind, did you go and visit?:smile:
Reply 16
helki
Hmm.. yes i found that strange too, but it's still pretty highly regarded. I had heard that up until the LNAT was introduced bristol had been beginning to be dissappointed by the calibre of their law students. They were all highly intelligent but really struggled with the course and perhaps this would explain the fluctuations in the league tables... i don't really know but it's still one of the best anyway.:smile:

Hey Suzi, i thought you weren't too keen on Bristol....what made you change your mind, did you go and visit?:smile:

Plz note that this isn't my opinion, just something my tutor told me. I admire anyone clever enough to study law at Bristol!:wink:
Reply 17
helki
Prob Bristol. God, i would kill for an offer....ok i sound like a psyco!

would you choose bristol over notts?
Reply 18
helki

Well actually, its my back up, only because they offered me AAB... its the lowest offer i had. I visited and id be happy to go there, its a lovely uni, but i prefered both Warwick and Birmingham to be honest
Reply 19
Preferred Birmingham?

Latest

Trending

Trending