The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Accepted:
Oxford, KCL, Bristol, Manchester, Notts, Durham.

Chose Bristol. So, you see, Bristol rocks.
Reply 41
Wow wee..whooppeee dooo..well done for you..Oxford is some depressing place anyway...so id Durham..Notts is cool..Bristol aint bad either:Plol
The Lawyer
Accepted:

wow you chose Bristol over oxford...solid there dude!:eek:
Reply 43
The Lawyer
Accepted:

are you serious!?!?!?!? *LOU*
^o)
Reply 44
Yep. Although I am of course under no illusions - Oxford is better. But at the end of the day, is that all that matters? I thought I would be more comfortable and happpy at Bristol (and hence, more likely to get a 1st). Besides, the girls are fine!
Reply 45
he he, ok get ur point. *LOU*
Reply 46
The Lawyer
Besides, the girls are fine!

Ah, but no rival for King's. :p:
Reply 47
thank you for all your input. exploring the question further, why is it peoples' opinions that bristol should be chosen ahead of manchester when in the times league manchester is rated 5th whereas bristol is 16th?
Oh my god ^^^^ how many times do we have to say the league tables mean NOTHING!!!! It is so obvious to everyone and all law firms and chambers that Bristol is a far far better place to study Law. To be honest, it wouldnt surprise me one little bit if there were certain amounts of cash changing hands or favours being called in regarding these league tables; there has been some very dodgy placings in the last few years
luverly, guessing you're in the 3rd year. are you serious - every1 u kno in ur course has a TC already?! pleeeease lemme kno so i stop stressing!
The Lawyer
Yep. Although I am of course under no illusions - Oxford is better. But at the end of the day, is that all that matters? I thought I would be more comfortable and happpy at Bristol (and hence, more likely to get a 1st). Besides, the girls are fine!

:rofl:

Oh my god.....I always assumed you WERE a girl....!

I wonder why? :confused:
LuverlyLawyer
Oh my god ^^^^ how many times do we have to say the league tables mean NOTHING!!!! It is so obvious to everyone and all law firms and chambers that Bristol is a far far better place to study Law. To be honest, it wouldnt surprise me one little bit if there were certain amounts of cash changing hands or favours being called in regarding these league tables; there has been some very dodgy placings in the last few years

Well I'd say the league tables are just gimmicks to increase their sales. However I won't really say that they meant nothing, only it is purely subjective to rank whether a uni is better than another by the summation of points.
Reply 52
hey. are the bristol offers mainly ABB or AAB??? just i would like to go to a 'top' uni, however realistically will not get AAA!
thanks in advance for your help.
Bristol offers AAB often and my offer was ABB. HOWEVER, this is usually to students you they think are going to achieve AAA anyway!
Reply 54
in the prospectus it states the typical offer as AAA-AAB (for law anyway). There are a few people who have received ABB - mainly internationals i think. hope this helps a bit *LOU*:redface:
I think I got an ABB offer cos I went to a crappy state school. Still got AAA though :wink:
Reply 56
thanks you 2! alot of help! any other top unis offer ABB by the way???
LuverlyLawyer
I think I got an ABB offer cos I went to a crappy state school. Still got AAA though :wink:

wow i didn't know that the schools you attend can affect your offer.
Yeah I was in the intake year when there was a big uproar in the press about Bristol making lower offers to state school students.
Reply 59
do they not do thsi anymore??? i attend state school and want to go bristol

Latest

Trending

Trending