Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Why do white people and black-Caribbean people have high rates of family breakdown?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by criminal)
    lack of family values
    What?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whyumadtho)
    This is not influenced by the presence or lack of presence of a mosque.

Because there is a liberal paradigm that takes precedence.
    Arguable.

I wasn't aware that this was installed by democratic means and that it currently enjoys majority support?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bonged.)
    Arguable.
    Not really. This isn't an institutionalised problem, it is confined to particular individuals and groups ('groups' not being all Muslims, as you seem to be implying).

I wasn't aware that this was installed by democratic means and that it currently enjoys majority support?
    It does enjoy majority support. People against this will always vote with the intention of limiting the harmless rights of other people, as long as it doesn't affect their liberties, of course. Do people not want liberty and the freedom to act?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brutal Honesty)
    I'm excluding black-African people because in my experience they tend to have quite strong family ties but obviously this is definitely the case for Asians/Chinese, Arabs and Italians/Greeks. I remember reading that over 50% of black Caribbean kids born in Britain are raised by a single mother whereas only 1% of Indian women give birth outside of wedlock. Is this a problem in society or does it not matter too much? Why is there such a big disparity along racial lines? With white people working class families tend to have a much higher rate of family breakdown as well.
    If you ask me I say its because of the women. I personally think white women and carribean women are the most strong willed females in general. Meaning that they dont agree with everything that their husband says and does things that he wants all the time etc, Which probably links to conflict and eventually divorce and seperation.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not really. This isn't an institutionalised problem, it is confined to particular individuals and groups ('groups' not being all Muslims, as you seem to be implying).

It does enjoy majority support. People against this will always vote with the intention of limiting the harmless rights of other people, as long as it doesn't affect their liberties, of course. Do people not want liberty and the freedom to act?
    It isn't arguable? Could I see some definitive evidence proving that. Cheers

What? The majority of the populace are against multiculturalism and further immigration. I imagine the majority are against a mosque being built near them. I don't want to limit the freedom of the majority to pander to a minority. Even if it does interfere with the much-loved "liberal paradigm". Hilarious.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    Which aspect of English working-class culture has the UK government actively passed legislation against over the past 50 years?

At the moment I can only think of the smoking ban, which would have more of an effect on Egyptian working class culture (for those people in the UK who are of Egyptan ancestry) than on English working class culture - since the proportion of Egyptians who are smokers (indoors) is higher than the proportion of English people who smoke.
    The government hasn't passed any legislation that bans any English working class culture because they couldn't do that, but ask a grandparent what they think of "youth culture" and it is evident things have changed. All cultures respect their elders except ours, where the media portrays them as crazy ramblers not be listened to, and for good reason because they right.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It isn't arguable? Could I see some definitive evidence proving that. Cheers
    Can you link these incidents to the presence of mosques?

What? The majority of the populace are against multiculturalism and further immigration.
    And they can already exercise their rights to limit or reverse this.

I imagine the majority are against a mosque being built near them.
    On what basis do you imagine this?

I don't want to limit the freedom of the majority to pander to a minority. Even if it does interfere with the much-loved "liberal paradigm". Hilarious.
    This is not an ochlocracy.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    À la ochlocracy? Why shouldn't they be able to build a place of worship providing the council has approved planning permissions?
    Because councils aren't corrupt as **** are they, besides if they deny a mosque planning permission they're "racist"!
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Arguable.
    Oh no you didn't!!! I want you to confirm this explicitly. Are you suggesting that muslims are rapists?
    EDIT: Or Islam is synonymous with statutory rape? With alcohol. Can you understand the irony. I'm not even muslim and I know that these pakistani men werent following their own religion and were **** at being muslims - I don't think they can even be called muslim.

You just mentioned how building a mosque would endanger the honour of the young girls in the area. Wow.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)
    Oh no you didn't!!! I want you to confirm this explicitly. Are you suggesting that muslims are rapists?

You just mentioned how building a mosque would endanger the honour of the young girls in the area. Wow.
    Lol. Don't get excited.

Some are I imagine.

Tbh I think it's more likely that the white males of the area are attacked than girls.

I presume you have no experience or knowledge of segregation.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pr0view)
    Because councils aren't corrupt as **** are they, besides if they deny a mosque planning permission they're "racist"!
    I'm sure an amiable agreement can be reached regarding planning permissions.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pr0view)
    Surely religionist (not racist)?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can you link these incidents to the presence of mosques?

And they can already exercise their rights to limit or reverse this.

On what basis do you imagine this?

This is not an ochlocracy.
    Does segregation, racial violence and race-selective child grooming occur in alot of towns without mosques?

How?

Numerous polls.

I know. It's populism. Switzerland operates on populism and direct democracy. If you want to label that mob rule, fair enough. There's been plenty of mobs rampaging throughout switzerland killing liberals and minorities recently. Right?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    Surely religionist (not racist)?
    Generally, people don't bother to make the distinction since racist has so much more charge.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    What do you propose?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does segregation, racial violence and race-selective child grooming occur in alot of towns without mosques?
    You still haven't linked this to the presence of a mosque, per se.

How?
    Voting for the BNP, National Front, or some other conservative party.

Numerous polls.
    Source them.

I know. It's populism. Switzerland operates on populism and direct democracy. If you want to label that mob rule, fair enough. There's been plenty of mobs rampaging throughout switzerland killing liberals and minorities recently. Right?
    It's not populism or an ochlocracy. The paradigm is liberalism and always will be unless a far-right party gets into power.

What do you propose?
    What do you mean? I can't think of why there will be a justifiable absolute denial of an Islamic religious building, irrespective of its design, size and location.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lol. Don't get excited.

Some are I imagine.

Tbh I think it's more likely that the white males of the area are attacked than girls.

I presume you have no experience or knowledge of segregation.
    That's not what you meant when you wrote it - It was glaringly obvious (to me at least) that you meant that installing a mosque willl incur more incidents of rape. Even you know you can't extrapolate wildly by using one (very weak) story.

And regarding the last bit - you assume? Don't assume anything about someone you don't know. Don't you think it comes across patronising?

It depends about what kind of segregation you mean. You're not being very specific.

And by the way in the case of the Pakistani men story, the victims were not exclusively white. It appears widely opportunistic - they enticed who ever was available and willing at the time and as there are more white girls in the country as a whole, it's obvious that the victims were more likely to be white.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    You still haven't linked this to the presence of a mosque, per se.

Voting for the BNP, National Front, or some other conservative party.

Source them.

It's not populism or an ochlocracy. The paradigm is liberalism and always will be unless a far-right party gets into power.

What do you mean? I can't think of why there will be a justifiable absolute denial of an Islamic religious building, irrespective of its design, size and location.
    De facto I have.

If the majority of the populace wishes to limit immigration and opposes multiculturalism, shouldn't one of the main parties represent these views? Alot of people that oppose multiculturalism also oppose THE HOLOCAUST so dislike the bnp. Moron.

What would be the point you wouldn't accept the poll because it didn't poll every single person in the country.

It's only been that way post 60s. That paradigm has only been achieved by restricting the rights of the majority of British people.

The populace of the town where it's going to be built emphatically don't want it?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure an agreement can be reached through direct democracy not some stingy council.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swiss+ban+on+minarets.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	137057
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)
    That's not what you meant when you wrote it - It was glaringly obvious (to be at least) that you meant that installing a mosque willl incur more incidents of rape. Even you know you can't extrapolate wildly by using one (very weak) story.

And regarding the last bit - you assume? Don't assume anything about someone you don't know. Don't you think it comes across patronising?

It depends about what kind of segregation you mean. You're not being very specific.
    Hm. Well thanks for clarifying that for me.

Religious and racial segregation along christian/secular and muslim lines. You know, like in nearly every major English city outside of London?

Don't be naive, just look at the mess that we've created in the north.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 19, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.