The Student Room Group

Laura Wilson: Britain's first white 'honour' killing victim?

Scroll to see replies

Wait... Her bf killed her?? Not her family??

I dont think this counts...
You know, when a white person does this, it's called a 'crime of passion'.
Original post by DanRBlake
Like the epedemic of muslim peadophile drug rape gangs you mean?

Hang on, I thought the authorities swept that one under the carpet for the last decade for political correct reasons and not to be seen as 'racist'.

Or does that count as discussing things seriously?

I'm outlining what should happen not what actually happens away from TSR.
Original post by DanRBlake
Like the epedemic of muslim peadophile drug rape gangs you mean?

Hang on, I thought the authorities swept that one under the carpet for the last decade for political correct reasons and not to be seen as 'racist'.

Or does that count as discussing things seriously?

I'd agree these gangs engaged in statutory rape but I doubt it's paedophilia. It's only paedophilia if they're sexually attracted to pre-pubescent children.
Reply 24
Original post by TheLonelyGirl
The girl was killed to protect the (Asian) father's honour and his family's honour. I think that this could probably be classified as an honour killing though probably not in the same way that it usually is, i.e Asian girl gets boyfriend family doesn't approve of/ refuses to marry who the family want them to and so consequently get killed.

It's really not family honour............its the fact she told his family and he didn't want anything more to come out...........nothing to do with his family, but rather himself trying to keep this a secret. It's murder.
Reply 25
What exactly makes an "honour killing" any worse than a jealous boyfriend/girlfriend killing someone, or in this case a deranged father?

Its all murder and if they are found guilty of it they get the compulsory life sentence. What exactly is the problem here?
Reply 26
'Honour killing' is a pathetic term for what is just a callous murder.
Original post by Carecup
What exactly makes an "honour killing" any worse than a jealous boyfriend/girlfriend killing someone, or in this case a deranged father?

Its all murder and if they are found guilty of it they get the compulsory life sentence. What exactly is the problem here?

I've wondered this and come to the conclusion it's used by people who want stricter immigration policies but need good reasons for it.
Calling this 'Britain's first white honour-killing' is fairly sensationalist. Killing people purely on honor has been going on at least since the Anglo-Saxons.
Original post by chefdave
She was brutally murdered after confronting two Pakistani families over a love triangle involving a baby, is this a sign of things to come in Britain as our society becomes more diverse or is a crime such as this a freak occurance totally unrelated to Southern Asian culture?

link

The fact it is a daily mail headline should give you a clue. I dont see them reporting the various white child murderers and drug dealers as 'related' to white european culture, despite them being far more prevalent. Whats the difference (apart from trying to sell papers to Dail Fail readers). Im asian and have hardly heard of more than a few such described 'honour' killings, in the handful there has usually been some case of a pakistani muslim girl that wanted to marry outside her religion, which is forbidden in islam. even so i doubt islam had much to do with the fact they were being killed, more to do with her mental family.
Reply 31
If we ever got the statement from the killer father I think Chef's supposedly 'unfounded' statements would actually be true.

If the father commited this as an honour killing, it means there is a cultural problem being brought from foreign lands, and honour killings are pretty rife amongst the middle east, N.Africa and South-south Asia.

Regardless of whether it is murder or an actualy, true honour killing udner the muslims scripture, he though it was, and acted upon so beliveing it to be right, therefore a cultural problem come from it.
Interesting to notice that the DM calls this an "honour" killing and blames the entire culture/religion when both frown heavily upon sex before marriage - regardless of who it is.

If any thing, it's the guys that dishonoured the family by partaking in pre-marital sex

Interesting that when crimes like these happen with non-Muslim White people, the culture or religion is never questioned

Double standards, Daily Fail. Double standards

Also, with regards to "honour" killing, the only person that makes that link is her mother

Daily Fail
I honestly think it was an honour killing for putting shame on the family. They needed to shut Laura up and they did,’ she says

They took it to mean an "honour" killing just because her mother said so. Did they interview any members of the family of Ashtiaq Asghar, and ask if Laura Wilson was killed in the name of "honour"

This is not honour. This is murder. Simple as
(edited 12 years ago)
She was brutally murdered after confronting two Pakistani families over a love triangle involving a baby, is this a sign of things to come in Britain as our society becomes more diverse or is a crime such as this a freak occurance totally unrelated to Southern Asian culture?

link

I like how you try to cover your own prejudices up by asking if this is a freak occurrence etc.. when you make reference to this sort of thing in other threads:rolleyes:
Reply 34
Original post by de_monies
I like how you try to cover your own prejudices up by asking if this is a freak occurrence etc.. when you make reference to this sort of thing in other threads:rolleyes:

Thanks! Pro multi-culturalists often remind us of the benefits cultural diversity offers, benefits like different food, cooking techniques and ways of looking at the world etc. So along with all these positives surely it's not impossible to import some of the negative aspects also, like new types of crime and beliefs and practices we eradicated decades ago due to enlightened approach to human rights. Either we are changing our culture with ethnic diversity or we aren't, so if we are (as the multi-culturalists suggest, indeed it's their modus operandi) we need to prepare our police force accordingly so they know what to look out for.
RIP.
How many killings would it take before we could start talking about this stuff seriously?

What would you like to do?

Murder 'them all'? Or send 'them all' away?
Reply 37
Original post by Sovr'gnChancellor£
What would you like to do?

Murder 'them all'? Or send 'them all' away?

It depends if they're recent immigrants or part of a 2nd/3rd generation. Ideally I'd like to see all violent foreign born criminals deported to keep Brits safe and demonstrate that we're no longer a soft touch, but being honest about the respective downsides of all cultures would at least be a start. Honour killings are simply more widespread in some countries than others due to tradition and stronger family commitments, sticking your fingers in your eyes and preaching multi-culturalist dogma doesn't alter basic facts.
It depends if they're recent immigrants or part of a 2nd/3rd generation. Ideally I'd like to see all violent foreign born criminals deported to keep Brits safe

And what if he's born here?
Reply 39
Original post by de_monies
And what if he's born here?

We have a duty to treat British citizens as equals under the law. So in this case that means prison and then eventual release.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending