The Student Room Group

To all the aqa science gcse - ers!

I have an exam in june for the unit one physics, chem & bio
Now im aware some people took theirs in January

So Im after

What kind of questions were there (for each subject)

The hardest question/type in each exam

Any certain topics that stood out

Which one was the hardest and why

Revision tips

past papers

& anything else that could be useful

These are very important for me as it is necessary that I get A and A*s.

Tresbelle :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
First thing, doesn't everyone want to get As/A*s? Secondly, all the information you have asked for is available on the respective exam board website. You just go on there and navigate to GCSE and your required subjects.

As for any 'hard' questions, it is different for everyone. You may find one area easy whereas someone else may not, it is very subjective.

I know this is generic but it should help, if not, other people can still post! :P
Reply 2
Original post by coolcric321
First thing, doesn't everyone want to get As/A*s? Secondly, all the information you have asked for is available on the respective exam board website. You just go on there and navigate to GCSE and your required subjects.

As for any 'hard' questions, it is different for everyone. You may find one area easy whereas someone else may not, it is very subjective.

I know this is generic but it should help, if not, other people can still post! :P

Yeah no thankyou i get that but i meant you know from anyone thats taken it in Jan, you can get like advice from them, how they found it etc etc
Thankyou though :smile:
and no lol I need A*'s for the line I want to go in.
Reply 3
In my Unit 1 Biology exam there were questions on:

Sexual Reproduction
Cloning (Adult Cell) or (Cell Fusion) --This was a big 6 mark question asking how can you make a clone of a zorse using the technique---
Immune System
Evolution
Nerves and Hormones
Competition

Hope this helps.
AQA science is now becoming less about regurgitation of facts and more about understanding of the topic and being able to apply it to a range of situations. To score highly, you'll need to spend time completely understanding the topic and focus on EVERY lesson leading up to it. If you're focussed for the whole lesson and understand what's going on and ask any necessary questions then revision will be so much more easier.
Reply 5
Original post by tohaaaa
In my Unit 1 Biology exam there were questions on:

Sexual Reproduction
Cloning (Adult Cell) or (Cell Fusion) --This was a big 6 mark question asking how can you make a clone of a zorse using the technique---
Immune System
Evolution
Nerves and Hormones
Competition

Hope this helps.

Original post by catastrophe
AQA science is now becoming less about regurgitation of facts and more about understanding of the topic and being able to apply it to a range of situations. To score highly, you'll need to spend time completely understanding the topic and focus on EVERY lesson leading up to it. If you're focussed for the whole lesson and understand what's going on and ask any necessary questions then revision will be so much more easier.

Thankyou soooo much, that is soo heflpful...

Any more stuff like that or others would be really really appreciated
xxxx
Reply 6
Wait, Are you doing the New Spec AQA A?
I'm no expert but surely there are rules against posting the questions on exams on TSR...?
Reply 8
Original post by thatgirlbecky
I'm no expert but surely there are rules against posting the questions on exams on TSR...?

It was from a past paper that has ALREADY been sat.
Original post by tohaaaa
It was from a past paper that has ALREADY been sat.

oh okay, I think I've completely misunderstood this whole situation :lol: good day to you :biggrin:
Reply 10
Original post by thatgirlbecky
oh okay, I think I've completely misunderstood this whole situation :lol: good day to you :biggrin:

Haha, no problem!

Good day to you to :biggrin:
I did Science module 1 last year and am retaking it this year, just revise everything you have done in class and in the revision guide, you may get a bit of help from knowing what was in it in January but the exam will probably be very different

Quick Reply

Latest