The Student Room Group

OCR Physics A - G485: Fields, Particles & Frontiers of Physics - June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by singh224
Ye they are really good.. I''m currently doing g484 from those notes :smile:

Do you know where can I find questions to practice on as I don't have the full textbook.

Have you tried the A Level Physics Wiki pages? http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/A-level_Physics They have pretty good summaries on all of the modules. And at the end of each summary there are a few questions with worked solutions.
I'll let you know if I come across anything else :h:
Reply 41
Ye they are really good.. I''m currently doing g484 from those notes :smile:

Do you know where can I find questions to practice on as I don't have the full textbook.

Try checking your local library - they'll probably have textbooks floating around that you can borrow.

Other that that, there's plenty of past paper questions to practise on. Attached are all the questions from the old OCR specification that's relevant to G485 in two documents (I had to split it up to upload it). There about 130 questions there, so it should keep you busy for a while. Enjoy! :smile:
Reply 42
Anyone have a list of all the definitions?

Also does anyone find that the definitions seem to vary in the book? t]There seems to be a few different definitions for the same thing, very annoying, not sure which to learn....
Original post by Ouzo

Also does anyone find that the definitions seem to vary in the book? t]There seems to be a few different definitions for the same thing, very annoying, not sure which to learn....

i made revision cards a while back, but i don't mind typing them up and uploading them :h: i haven't looked at them in a while, so it'll be good revision for me too :yep:

i know what you mean, i used to have the ocr revision book where the definitions were completely different to the regular book :colonhash: The definitions I have atm are the ones I checked with my teachers, so they should be worth the marks :smile:
Original post by Ouzo

I've added a pdf file of the definitions to the OP :smile:
Hi has anyone got the jan 2012 g484 paper?
Original post by Beth1234
Try checking your local library - they'll probably have textbooks floating around that you can borrow.

Other that that, there's plenty of past paper questions to practise on. Attached are all the questions from the old OCR specification that's relevant to G485 in two documents (I had to split it up to upload it). There about 130 questions there, so it should keep you busy for a while. Enjoy! :smile:

PRSOM
Wow - this is perfect :h: I was worried about the lack of past papers for G485, but this is just great. Is it okay if I add these to the list? :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by magdaplaysbass
PRSOM
Wow - this is perfect :h: I was worried about the lack of past papers for G485, but this is just great. Is it okay if I add these to the list? :smile:

Go ahead! :smile:
Reply 48
here are the powerpoint presentations covering all the modules, good way to revise/learn :biggrin:

http://www.mediafire.com/?arg6hhje5r577t8
here are the powerpoint presentations covering all the modules, good way to revise/learn :biggrin:

http://www.mediafire.com/?arg6hhje5r577t8

There's no way I would have found all these great resources on my own. Thanks for posting this :biggrin: I'll add it to the list :h:
Reply 50
There's no way I would have found all these great resources on my own. Thanks for posting this :biggrin: I'll add it to the list :h:

I've got loads of work sheets for each module.. i'll upload them as we get closer to exams
its a pain downloading them lol

Edit: actually here you go I've taken some time to download them but they are a bit jumbled up sorry :tongue:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ypp3g9b1w9yu14z
(edited 12 years ago)
I've got loads of work sheets for each module.. i'll upload them as we get closer to exams
its a pain downloading them lol

Edit: actually here you go I've taken some time to download them but they are a bit jumbled up sorry :tongue:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ypp3g9b1w9yu14z

PRSOM
With all these resources, there's no way we'll fail our exams :cool:
Thanks so much! I'll add it to the list :grin:
Reply 52
PRSOM
With all these resources, there's no way we'll fail our exams :cool:
Thanks so much! I'll add it to the list :grin:

lol lets hope.. I've still got to learn the rest of the modules.
lol lets hope.. I've still got to learn the rest of the modules.

I'm sure you'll be fine :smile: I personally think module 1 is the hardest module. I'm leaving that til last for my revision. The rest is alright. :yep:
You're teaching yourself this as well aren't you? How are you finding it? Sometimes I'm really productive and get tons of work done, other times i get distracted and get virtually nothing done :frown:
Reply 54
I'm sure you'll be fine :smile: I personally think module 1 is the hardest module. I'm leaving that til last for my revision. The rest is alright. :yep:
You're teaching yourself this as well aren't you? How are you finding it? Sometimes I'm really productive and get tons of work done, other times i get distracted and get virtually nothing done :frown:

I know sometimes i just can't be bothered to do anything. For FP3 I'm just gonna get a tutor lol cba to teach my self as I already have 12 other modules to learn :redface:
Reply 55
this is my first comment :smile:

WOW this thread as been so helpful, thanks!

is there a aeronautical/aerospace thread?
Original post by HSA
this is my first comment :smile:

WOW this thread as been so helpful, thanks!

is there a aeronautical/aerospace thread?

no problem :smile:
just type in aeronautics in the search bar and you should find something.
i want to do aero too :h: where have you applied?
Reply 57
I have all five offers Bristol (AAA) Sheffield (AAA) Liverpool Beng (BBB) and Loughborough (AAB). I dont want to go Manchester as I hated the engineering department!
Im firming Bristol but torn between lpool and lough as my insurance.
Bonsoir

+rep OP, what a lovely organized thread.

Haven't managed to read the whole thread, but at the moment I'm struggling to get through the module and wondered what to expect in the nuclear/ medical/ universe topics... Electricity and magnetic fields was all pretty new to me (or taught very badly previously) so it has been slow getting through, but my knowledge on the latter topics is better (did medical physics stuff on degree and have covered a lot of the universe stuff just by coincidence in the past). Do these later topics differ much to the electricity and magnetism ones? Or is it just more applying formulas?

Also taking G482 in June so need to get back and practise all that at some point before this exam :rolleyes: These modules are so frigging long. Had more time for G481 and 484, the shorter ones - typical! Ah well, I'll press on.
Reply 59
Original post by shorty.loves.angels

Also taking G482 in June so need to get back and practise all that at some point before this exam :rolleyes: These modules are so frigging long. Had more time for G481 and 484, the shorter ones - typical! Ah well, I'll press on.

Even doing past papers is horrible... 2 hours of your life doing one :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending