The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lambert1
Every time some sort of peace is established Israel proceeds to bomb some Hamas associate for some sort of terrorist plot. Then Hamas fires 100s of rockets into Israel all of which do a pitiful amount of damage. Israel responds to this with a series of bombings which kill scores of people. Then peace is negotiated once again. Then the cycle starts all over again.

A retarded analysis of the situation
Original post by Ferdowsi
haha I share your feelings on Islamists, although at least in Iran salafis are a fringe groups with no stake in anything and we don't have to deal with those pricks, Iraq gets the worst of everything. In fact, Iran's few salafis get funding from mossad pretending to be the cia LOL! I feel sorry for the young Egyptian secularists with big ideas who actually did the revolting and organising last year, unlike the cowardly islamists who jumped on right at the end (surprise surprise), and for the poor masses of Egypt to then go and elect a bunch of ignorant islamists to parliament. I mean, look at these idiots...

One of them did the adhaan in parliament. The speaker told him to shut up and stop tying to make out like he was a better Muslim than everyone else.
Reply 102
Original post by KimKallstrom
A retarded analysis of the situation

I disagree.
Reply 103
I feel sorry for the young Egyptian secularists with big ideas who actually did the revolting and organising last year, unlike the cowardly islamists who jumped on right at the end (surprise surprise), and for the poor masses of Egypt to then go and elect a bunch of ignorant islamists to parliament. I mean, look at these idiots...

[G]http://blogs.reuters.com/faithworld/files/2012/02/islamists-egypt.jpg

Its democracy, deal with it.

Agreed with the rest of the bit though.
Reply 104
Original post by ak137
Its democracy, deal with it.

Agreed with the rest of the bit though.

Hey, I'm honestly not bothered, it's not my country after all. Islamists just weaken countries, Egypt needs someone with balls, vision and national pride like Nasser to guide it through these difficult times, not these bearded idiots who will sell them out to the Saudis and any other bidders. Al Nour want to establish Islamic Sharia, imagine how the copts feel having to put up with this crap? Saudi agents have already smashed their churches up and attacked them.

Original post by Dirac Delta Function
One of them did the adhaan in parliament. The speaker told him to shut up and stop tying to make out like he was a better Muslim than everyone else.

Yeah, sounds pretty embarrassing stuff, and to think, hundreds of people died for this.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ALII
hahaahaahaha how isn't Pat Condell racist lol and why are you scared of Muslims you idiot? Did a "Muslim" once steal your lunch money?

Also people tend to be scared of things which they don't understand.

I love your arrogant assumption that anybody who disagrees with Islam, by default, doesn't understand it.
Reply 106
Hey, I'm honestly not bothered, it's not my country after all. Islamists just weaken countries, Egypt needs someone with balls, vision and national pride like Nasser to guide it through these difficult times, not these bearded idiots who will sell them out to the Saudis and any other bidders.

Secularism FTW!
Reply 107
Original post by ak137
Secularism FTW!

Yeah I agree. Egypt lacks visionary leaders.

Nasser was definitely the best modern leader the Arab world had.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by 4RealBlud
So you're telling me that the Jews were the only people in the levant the whole time? That arabs were not there at all before? So where did these arab palestinians come from, the ground? There was a kingdom....5000 years ago. Get over it. Many empires have come and gone. It is as much the arabs' land as much as it is the jews'. Learn to SHARE. FYI, just because u had a kingdom there 5000 years ago, it doesn't strip away the rights of the Palestinians to live in the land they have been living in for thousands of years, especially compared to a family who have been living in europe for the past 500 years.

reading this conversation back, your argument was that arabs had been in palestine first ,so they had a better claim - now youre saying "what does it matter if the jews were there 5000 years ago - so which is it?
Aditionally i would point out that arab peoples were also originally nomadic like the jews, a practice still played out today with bedouin arab tribes. Arabs 'homeland' is said to be in the lands of ancient mesopotamia - iran and iraq.

And finally, arab and jewish are not mutually exclusive - a few thousand years ago these arabs would have likely been jewish also.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 109
Yeah I agree. Egypt lacks visionary leaders.

Nasser was definitely the best leader the Arab world had.

Absolutely. Here's hoping Egypt doesnt become theocratic like the Saudis.
Original post by thisisnew

Look at it this way, if the Arabs would lay down their arms, their would be peace tomorrow, if Israel laid down their arms, there would be no more Israel.

Your whole post was great but I highlight this because this is the one bit that people can't seem to grasp. Especially folk like Bishy who like paint Israel as this Nazi Holocaust type figure. The above quote is undeniably true and it's sad, but there will never be peace there because these people hold this view.
Original post by High VOLTAGE
It's obviously the Palestinians, they're the bad ones for wanting freedom, for wanting their human right which is the right to return, they're bad for not wanting to be killed and they are most certainly bad for not wanting to live under apartheid or live in a blockaded state. Like WHO THE HECK DO THEY THINK THEY ARE?! HUMANS?!

(sarcasm.........)

Piss off, they have more rights than they would in any other Arab country without exception.
Original post by shush
free it from the oppression of zionists.

in other words, rid it from Jews.
Original post by ak137

The old guard still exists in the military. Potentially they could crack a deal with the Salafis.

That's what saudi Arabia is - a partnership between a particular family and a church, not much different to the old European orders where monarchs reigned supreme and were legitimised by the clerics, who in turn were granted a monopoly on religion.
Reply 114
Original post by ak137

nah, it won't as much as the saudis want it to. in fact people have been actually holding some anti saudi protests...

saudi is just weird, the religion is all run by a family that is an alliance with the Al Ash-Sheikh family who are the descendants of Abd al-Wahhab who founded the Wahhabi movement. it's an awful bunch of people to be honest. it was the pricks who are the muftis of saudi who were supporting mubaruk and issued fatwas against the protests. the saudis got really angry with the americans for pulling the plug on mubaruk, they honestly wanted them to support him with a bahrain style crackdown which shows how dumb the saudis actually are, I mean did they seriously think that would actually work? Think back to Nasser, Nasser actually backed the free princes movement in an attempt to overthrow the Saudi royals, which is why the Saudis got into bed with Sadat and then used the Muslim Brotherhood to destroy Nasserism - it was actually the Saudis who brought the leaders of the Brotherhood back to Egypt in the 70s :rolleyes:

It's funny when western commentators who haven't got a clue were saying that the brotherhood and salafis winning big was bad for the west, no way is that true. A MB and Salafi government plays right into the Saudis (and hence American - Israeli's) hands, especially with the military still holding power in Egypt.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 115
in other words, rid it from Jews.

Not all Jews are Zionists, fool.
Reply 116
Original post by Dirac Delta Function
The old guard still exists in the military. Potentially they could crack a deal with the Salafis.

That's what saudi Arabia is - a partnership between a particular family and a church, not much different to the old European orders where monarchs reigned supreme and were legitimised by the clerics, who in turn were granted a monopoly on religion.

Yeah exactly, and nobody is easier to crack deals with than some spineless salafi.
Original post by ak137
Not all Jews are Zionists, fool.

I'm talking about what he really means. What people like him want is a state that comes down on Jews like a ton of bricks like other states in the region because that's what Hamas etc would do if they ran the area. Except even more so.

What you need to think about is the alternative. When people say "free of Zionist oppression" they're saying no Israel.

Let's think about the implications of this. Do you think Jews would have the same rights if the whole place was Palestine? Because anyone who does is a bloody idiot. These places don't even give Muslims democratic rights for the most part so what makes anyone think Jews would get rights? Yet you expect them to bury themselves and it'll all work out perfectly for these people won't it?

"No Zionist oppression" = Israel lay down their arms = no more Israel (since all the opposition are aiming for no more Israel). I'm sure that'll work out fine for the Jews there. Seriously man it'll be fine. :rolleyes:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 118
I'm talking about what we really means.

Zionist doesn't mean Jew, you fool. Zionism is a political ideology (a racist ideology at that) and a Jew is someone who belongs to the Jewish faith.
Can I just let everyone know that although Israel is a Jewish state, you can't say that Jews are the bad guys...that's like saying Christians are evil if you ever disagree with a Christian state country...so let's get this straight....Israel - country....Jews - nation of people who do not necessarily live in Israel

Latest