The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ak137
Zionist doesn't mean Jew, you fool. Zionism is a political ideology (a racist ideology at that) and a Jew is someone who belongs to the Jewish faith.

I edited my post by expanding on it so reply to that. I'm talking about the actual implications for the Jews should the wishes of these goons come to pass.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 121
Original post by HannahSalter
Can I just let everyone know that although Israel is a Jewish state, you can't say that Jews are the bad guys...that's like saying Christians are evil if you ever disagree with a Christian state country...so let's get this straight....Israel - country....Jews - nation of people who do not necessarily live in Israel

Agreed.
Original post by KimKallstrom
I edited my post by expanding on it so reply to that. I'm talking about the actual implications for the Jews should the wishes of these goons come to pass.

Oh God, as the meme goes, not sure if trolling or just plain stupid. :facepalm2:
Original post by ak137

Oh God, as the meme goes, not sure if trolling or just plain stupid. :facepalm2:

As a Jew I know full well that not all Jews are Zionists. We are talking about reality here and people's attitudes.

OK here is what you were replying to with "Not all Jews are Zionists":

"I'm talking about what he really means. What people like him want is a state that comes down on Jews like a ton of bricks like other states in the region because that's what Hamas etc would do if they ran the area. Except even more so.

What you need to think about is the alternative. When people say "free of Zionist oppression" they're saying no Israel.

Let's think about the implications of this. Do you think Jews would have the same rights if the whole place was Palestine? Because anyone who does is a bloody idiot. These places don't even give Muslims democratic rights for the most part so what makes anyone think Jews would get rights? Yet you expect them to bury themselves and it'll all work out perfectly for these people won't it?

"No Zionist oppression" = Israel lay down their arms = no more Israel (since all the opposition are aiming for no more Israel). I'm sure that'll work out fine for the Jews there. Seriously man it'll be fine."

What you need to remember is that when he says "no Zionist oppression" he means Israel laying down their arms. Since the opposition's explicitly-stated aim is the destruction of Israel we can assume that this means no more Israel, right?

Answer this: what would be the situation of the Jews in this scenario?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 123
OK here is what you were replying to with "Not all Jews are Zionists":

"I'm talking about what he really means. What people like him want is a state that comes down on Jews like a ton of bricks like other states in the region because that's what Hamas etc would do if they ran the area. Except even more so.

What you need to think about is the alternative. When people say "free of Zionist oppression" they're saying no Israel.

Let's think about the implications of this. Do you think Jews would have the same rights if the whole place was Palestine? Because anyone who does is a bloody idiot. These places don't even give Muslims democratic rights for the most part so what makes anyone think Jews would get rights? Yet you expect them to bury themselves and it'll all work out perfectly for these people won't it?

"No Zionist oppression" = Israel lay down their arms = no more Israel (since all the opposition are aiming for no more Israel). I'm sure that'll work out fine for the Jews there. Seriously man it'll be fine."

What you need to remember is that when he says "no Zionist oppression" he means Israel laying down their arms. Since the opposition's explicitly-stated aim is the destruction of Israel we can assume that this means no more Israel, right?

Answer this: what would be the situation of the Jews in this scenario?

That doesnt really relate to the statement you made initially.
Original post by ak137
That doesnt really relate to the statement you made initially.

It does since I explained the logical sequence of what he wishes, which is "no more Zionist oppression" which is Israel laying down arms which is no more Israel which means Jews in the region are ruined.

So tell me. If no more Israel, as the guy wishes, what of the Jews in the area? Realistically?
Reply 125
It does since I explained the logical sequence of what he wishes, which is "no more Zionist oppression" which is Israel laying down arms which is no more Israel which means Jews in the region are ruined.

So tell me. If no more Israel, as the guy wishes, what of the Jews in the area? Realistically?

no more Zionist oppression: Stop indefinite detention, arrest settlers who throw stones at children, stop keeping pregnant (who are in labour) women at checkpoints for hours, stop using too much force against children who throw mere rocks.

This is basic human rights that anyone deserves - Jew or non Jew, Muslim or non-Muslim.

The questions you asked me, I answered earlier on in this thread. :smile:
Reply 126
I blame the Western World/British more so for this, they knew very well what was going to happen and just wanted the Jews to leave them alone (not trying to sound mean). I mean, it was the German's who started the crap, why not get land there?
Reply 127
Original post by ALII
hahaahaahaha how isn't Pat Condell racist lol and why are you scared of Muslims you idiot? Did a "Muslim" once steal your lunch money?

Also people tend to be scared of things which they don't understand.

If you're making the allegation that he's racist, the onus is on you to show that he is; not on me to show that he isn't. He doesn't make reference to ethnicity in any of his videos. And I'm not scared of Muslims: I'm scared of Islam.
:israel: :israel: :israel: :israel: :israel:
Reply 129
Original post by Anna_Karenina
:israel: :israel: :israel: :israel: :israel:

Lol.
We need peace. Jews need to stop abusing their power. Moreover, I believe that one day - they will scare the **** out of every other country which includes every non-jew. :eek: Hence - I will support Palestine as jew's will rule the world and i do not want that to happen. I suggest everyone agree's because if that happen's we're screwed. PALESTINE!
:rolleyes:
Reply 130
both are at fault
Original post by I-Am-A-Tripod
reading this conversation back, your argument was that arabs had been in palestine first ,so they had a better claim - now youre saying "what does it matter if the jews were there 5000 years ago - so which is it?
Aditionally i would point out that arab peoples were also originally nomadic like the jews, a practice still played out today with bedouin arab tribes. Arabs 'homeland' is said to be in the lands of ancient mesopotamia - iran and iraq.

And finally, arab and jewish are not mutually exclusive - a few thousand years ago these arabs would have likely been jewish also.

Demonstration of lack of knowledge #1: Iran is an arab country...

No. Donnot twist my words. I said that the arabs had just as much right to co-exist with the jews in the region because of so-and-so reasons and israel's claim that the land is given to them and for them alone is just plain wrong. That was my point, how come there have been two peoples co-existing side-by-side for so long, but according to one the whole land is theirs? Israelis say that the land is there because there was a kingdom there 5000 years ago and i'm saying "well, there have been arab settlements before jewish, so IF the whole land belongs to only one, the arabs would be the more legitimate owners".

And yes, there were arab nomads, but so what? The jews were originally 8 nomadic tribes. The arabs created settlements in the levant before the jews.

I want both ppl to co-exist together, i think they both deserve to share the land. Unfortunately israel doesn't understand the concept of sharing.
Reply 132
finders keepers! the Israelis just wanted it after they realised what the land was worth... and it meant having eyes in the middle east too

logic.

on a personal level both groups have valid points hence why even the biggest brains in the world haven't fingered it out
so why bother with this thread ...
Reply 133
Original post by tufc
If you're making the allegation that he's racist, the onus is on you to show that he is; not on me to show that he isn't. He doesn't make reference to ethnicity in any of his videos. And I'm not scared of Muslims: I'm scared of Islam.

"I'm scared of Islam"

LOL ok calm down

When I went to Ohio I found radicals Christians and I wasn't scared
Stop spreading cra*

That is just PURE RETARDATION
Original post by Sarah456
Lol.
We need peace. Jews need to stop abusing their power.

Only the weak and jealous call it an abuse. :rolleyes:
Original post by Anna_Karenina
Only the weak and jealous call it an abuse. :rolleyes:

Or what normal people would call: "people with a heart". How are the illegal nukes, illegal settlements and attacks on unarmed humanitarian cargo ships going?
israel hands down
Reply 137
There are still people ignorant enough to want to solely blame one side and frame the conflict in terms of right and wrong?
Original post by 4RealBlud
Or what normal people would call: people with a heart.

So what you are saying is that large swathes of the human race do not posess the most vital organ required to live? :rolleyes:

So, so stupid. :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

(que claims of "n0 I didNt mEEn 1t L1kE dAt!11!!!!") Don't worry lad we know exactly what you meant. :dunce:
Reply 139
You can't distill something as complicated as this into simplistic, one-dimensional terms like 'good' and 'bad'.

Latest