The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by geetar
You can't distill something as complicated as this into simplistic, one-dimensional terms like 'good' and 'bad'.

If the Palestinian militants laid down their arms, there would be peace, dignity and a state for Palestine.
If the Israelis laid down their arms, there would be a second Holocaust. I think this, while a massive simplification, gives the essence of the conflict.
Reply 141
Original post by rafimax
If the Palestinian militants laid down their arms, there would be peace, dignity and a state for Palestine.
If the Israelis laid down their arms, there would be a second Holocaust. I think this, while a massive simplification, gives the essence of the conflict.

You got that part right.
Reply 142
Most of what people hear and see in the media is through the lens of a liberal media that sees Israel as an enemy.
People need to see the other point of view, especially as Israel is a Western democracy that answers to its people, and unlike the Gazan government, does its utmost to protect its civilians. A good start would be to watch these two videos. People really don't know the full story, especially when conflicts are presented as one-sided Israeli attacks on Gazan civilians are really Israel trying to stop people firing rockets at its civilians (who are not settlers, but are living on land that, under international law, is perfectly legal for them to live on. People need to see the other point of view.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=O7ByJb7QQ9U
This video is a brief lesson in Palestinian history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1N1zhUm84w&feature=related
This guy is atheist and non-Jewish, but he has, unlike the BBC, the Guardian etc, seen through the Palestinian propaganda campaign.
(edited 12 years ago)
Well their Arab forefathers for betraying the Ottoman empire and collaborating with the West= end result= Western hegemony all over the Middle East.
Original post by Anna_Karenina
So what you are saying is that large swathes of the human race do not posess the most vital organ required to live? :rolleyes:

So, so stupid. :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

(que claims of "n0 I didNt mEEn 1t L1kE dAt!11!!!!") Don't worry lad we know exactly what you meant. :dunce:

I think the fact that you have put in the effort to reply with a stupid, cheap, childish and pointless post instead of providing me with a valid point against my three points is a testiment to your ignorance.
Original post by 4RealBlud
I think the fact that you have put in the effort to reply with a stupid, cheap, childish and pointless post instead of providing me with a valid point against my three points is a testiment to your ignorance.

So predictable. :rolleyes:
So predictable. :rolleyes:

:facepalm2: Well, what kind of response did you expect when you don't actually put up an argument, just pretend to know more than everyone else and roll your eyes when someone defies you?

This is indeed the classic behaviour of someone who cannot put forth an argument so they attempt to use mockery as a come-back. Save yourself the humiliation and just stop typing.
Reply 147
:facepalm2: Well, what kind of response did you expect when you don't actually put up an argument, just pretend to know more than everyone else and roll your eyes when someone defies you?

This is indeed the classic behaviour of someone who cannot put forth an argument so they attempt to use mockery as a come-back. Save yourself the humiliation and just stop typing.

agreed, mate.
:facepalm2: Well, what kind of response did you expect when you don't actually put up an argument, just pretend to know more than everyone else and roll your eyes when someone defies you?.

Great comeback. :rolleyes: You DO realise that this forum is for debate and discussion not vauge ill-thought out attacks on a users posts. :mmm:
The Palestinians should convert to being jews and go live in Israel. Look at how successful the Israelis have been in science and technology. They created camera phones, uzis, USB drives, instant messaging, drip irrigation, solar hot-water systems, epilators, produces more scientific papers per capita than any other nation by a large margin, highest average living standards in the Middle East, largest number of biotech start-ups, ingestible video cameras so small it fits inside a pill, voice mail technology, all intel computer chips, the Windows operating operating systems were all developed by Microsoft-Israel.

If they can't beat it (which they cannot) they might as well join it, they would live about x99999 better than the state Hamas envisage! In fact, there is a large number of Arabs living within Israel. Since they tend to have higher birth rates than the Jews, there is a possibility that Israel may one day have an Arab majority!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 150
From an outside perspective, I would say that Israel are in the wrong.
Reply 151
Original post by synopticity.
The Palestinians should convert to being jews and go live in Israel. Look at how successful the Israelis have been in science and technology. They created camera phones, uzis, USB drives, instant messaging, drip irrigation, solar hot-water systems, epilators, produces more scientific papers per capita than any other nation by a large margin, highest average living standards in the Middle East, largest number of biotech start-ups, ingestible video cameras so small it fits inside a pill, voice mail technology, all intel computer chips, the Windows operating operating systems were all developed by Microsoft-Israel.

As an Arab this is one thing I admire about Israelis, many Arabs secretly do so too.

Original post by ak137

The only solution left is a one state. IMO, it has to be secular, none of this Jewish, Islamic state Bull****.

Never going to work. You don't understand the mentality of any of these people at all. this isn't a disney movie where both sides realize the suffering they have caused the other side, realize that at heart we're really all the same, and then cry together and become best friends. In real life, without borders separating these two groups all that will be had is a massive violent conflagaration until one group subjugates the other. Secondly, if not a majority then certainly a strong minority of Palestinians in Gaza supports Hamas, a group that espouses the establishment of a Muslim state predicated on Shar'ia law, why the hell would the Israelis give up what they have for that?
(edited 12 years ago)
You DO realise that this forum is for debate and discussion

Well then ****ing debate then!
Well then ****ing debate then!

[img]http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0muvrko7P1qj0k9ao1_250.gif

TSR trolls like you crack me up man. :rofl:
Reply 154
Regards the question. Personally, I do have a problem with Israel, but not against Jews in General, because, if the Israelis kept the local Palestinian population intact, we in Lebanon wouldn't have the Palestinian refugees, which as we all know, was the catalyst to the breakout of the civil war in 1975. If there weren't any Palestinians in Lebanon, they wouldn't be attacking Israel from Lebanon, and have Israel occupying/bombing Lebanon all the time...

Syria sent the PLO over to Lebanon for hostile takeover and Arafat made his "road to Palestine leads though Jonieh" comment which led to civil war and was driven out by Israel, and then Syria and Iran sent Hezbollah to take their place. However these days it's not Hezbullah or Isreal that provides the biggest threat (although they both are threats), its the Salafis in the north
(edited 12 years ago)
[QUOTE="Anna_Karenina;36788581"]

....I think i can quite safely say that this case has been closed, since this user has clearly gone loco
(edited 12 years ago)
....I think i can quite safely say that this case has been closed.

Is what the Judge said when those poor little kids testified against you?
Israel :angry:
The issue will never be solved until people stop trying to simplify the situation down to a media-friendly picture of a 'good guy' and a 'bad guy'. This should not be treated like a football match, where two teams duke it out in the centre and we all gather round and root for our favourite team.

:israel: WOO ISRAEL UNITED!
:pal: GO PALESTINE WANDERERS

Figure one: An unhelpful attitude.

Both Israel and Palestine have a right to exist as states, both sides have committed war crimes, both sides have suffered much over the last sixty years. If the conflict is ever to end, both sides must accept some responsibility for the situation as it is now, and both sides must be prepared to make compromises.
Reply 159
Original post by tufc
If you're making the allegation that he's racist, the onus is on you to show that he is; not on me to show that he isn't. He doesn't make reference to ethnicity in any of his videos. And I'm not scared of Muslims: I'm scared of Islam.

Muslims follow Islam. So you are scared of Muslims

Latest

Trending

Trending