Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who do you feel most sorry for in this story? Transgender? "Victim" of lies?

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    that's wrong, it is the paedophiles fault. they are very manipulative and sly... it's not like they just randomly send a message and say "oioi, fancy meeting up with me "... it can take them months... months full of compliments.. and they specifically target those with low self esteem, those who are lonely, thos who are upset... easy targets basically.
    young people are easily influenced and especially if they have low confidence etc. being showered with compliments will make them easy to mould.
    It doesn't matter though. How much force can there really be online? None. It's just words on the screen. If a stupid girl decides to obey words on the screen from someone they have no idea about then they have it coming to them. Education is the key, not taking people who have done nothing wrong to court. If anything I'd charge the girl's parents for negligence rather than the pedo or the girl. If the girl is unstable and she could succumb to internet predators then her parents should get the criminal conviction for failing to provide reasonable protection. NOT the other person online. That's a grave infringement on civil liberties.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noisy06)
    It doesn't matter though. How much force can there really be online? None. It's just words on the screen. If a stupid girl decides to obey words on the screen from someone they have no idea about then they have it coming to them. Education is the key, not taking people who have done nothing wrong to court. If anything I'd charge the girl's parents for negligence rather than the pedo or the girl. If the girl is unstable and she could succumb to internet predators then her parents should get the criminal conviction for failing to provide reasonable protection. NOT the other person online. That's a grave infringement on civil liberties.
    you just totally ignored what i said and you are REALLY underestimating the power of words, especially when coming from someone with a manipulative personality.

of course the paedophile is to blame! he isn't being forced into coercing girls through lies and manipulations into meeting up with him so he can rape them!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    you just totally ignored what i said and you are REALLY underestimating the power of words, especially when coming from someone with a manipulative personality.

of course the paedophile is to blame! he isn't being forced into coercing girls through lies and manipulations into meeting up with him so he can rape them!
    Well obviously I totally disagree. This is the problem when feminism gets to a person's head. They lose all sense of direction and think that somehow it's always the man's fault.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noisy06)
    Well obviously I totally disagree. This is the problem when feminism gets to a person's head. They lose all sense of direction and think that somehow it's always the man's fault.
    there's something wrong with this one...
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    there's something wrong with this one...
    It was just a joke btw, don't take it too seriously. I know very well sexual offenders can be either male or female. And I don't agree with their conviction if they simply met up with a child (for pete's sake what harm is there in meeting!). Just a simple meeting, no need to cry about it and go to court. The only person who should be crying are the child's parents.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, I'm sure the cash poor Emily and her darling mother presumably got for selling their story makes up for their emotional 'shattering'.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna_Karenina)
    It's sickening that trannies do this sort of thing.
    Go **** yourself.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's sickening that trannies do this sort of thing.
    Transphobic, eh? Special little snowflake syndrome.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why it still astounds me of the ignorance of the Daily Wail. :rolleyes:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    No sympathy whatsoever for "Matt"
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by najinaji)
    Go **** yourself.
    (Original post by ohirome)
    Transphobic, eh? Special little snowflake syndrome.

Oh is this what students are in to nowadays? trannies? Wow, sorry guys I didn't know, this bandwagon has obviously passed me by.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh is this what students are in to nowadays? trannies? Wow, sorry guys I didn't know, this bandwagon has obviously passed me by.
    Its not hard to avoid being a prejudiced a**hole in life. Try it sometime. Jump on that bandwagon.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Its not hard to avoid being a prejudiced a**hole in life. Try it sometime. Jump on that bandwagon.

Perhaps you should take a sip of your own medicine mother teresa. :rolleyes: Evidently you are prejudiced toward those who don't agree with you on absolutely everything.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps you should take a sip of your own medicine mother teresa. :rolleyes: Evidently you are prejudiced toward those who don't agree with you on absolutely everything.
    If taking issue with people who use derogatory, offensive and completely unnecessary words towards other human beings makes me prejudiced, then please do feel free to slap a bigot sticker right on my forehead.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What bandwagon? I know that many people think that transsexualism is some sort of fun new genderbending trend (some 'trans' people themselves help to further this stereotype), but it's seeming more likely to be akin to an in-utero chromosomal/hormonal (note, not a psychological) condition.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    If taking issue with people who use derogatory, offensive and completely unnecessary words.

Exactly my point. We all have our prejudices. Welcome to the real world child, I don't think you are going to enjoy it so much. :rolleyes:
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by najinaji)
    This whole thing is sickening. It seems likely that Matt is not 'pretending to be a boy', or is a manipulator of any kind, but is simply a nervous transgender person. It's difficult to say on such little evidence, but this insistence on calling trans people 'dupers' or 'liars' or even 'predators' is absolutely terrible.
    This article is terrifying.

I have precisely no sympathy for someone who turned out to be a transphobe. Sorry. I really don't. The thing is, Emily's boyfriend did not 'turn out to be a girl'. Emily's boyfriend turned out to be a boy. Emily's boyfriend is, in fact, a boy. If she's so damned stunned that he was assigned female at birth, then that's not his problem.

Nobody trans has any moral requirement to reveal their trans status, and it's a sign of the cissexist society we live in that 'I'm a boy' translates to 'I'm a cis boy' for 99% of people. Finding out that your partner is of trans history, when you never asked them if they were or not, is your fault for not asking and not their fault for not telling you.

'In contrast, Emily’s ‘boyfriend’ Matt — in reality a 16-year-old girl from Surrey — has never been charged, and this week was still to be found on certain internet networking sites, including Twitter, pretending to be a boy.'

I mean, Jesus, I'm 'to be found certain internet networking sights, including Twitter', although I would quibble strongly the idea that I'm 'pretending to be a boy'. I have an online dating profile (... forever alone :emo:) which sets me as male. Because I ****ing well am. Regardless of trans status.

'‘It is amazing that there is no law to stop people from creating a fake identity in this way and then using it to deceive someone else,’ says Emily’s mother Julia, 48, a personal trainer.'

Actually, it's very good that there's no law forcing trans people to reveal their trans status, because it saves us from being beaten up and murdered any more than we already are.

‘She became introverted and depressed, saying: “No one will find me attractive now. I can only get a girl, not a boy.” Her eczema flared up so badly, her school thought she was self-harming because she’d scratched her skin raw.’'

So she's a homophobe as well as a transphobe, then, basically? If you don't want to date a man who was female-assigned at birth, fair enough. If you're female and you think a woman being attracted to you would be the end of the world and somehow 'lesser' than a man being attracted to you, even if you're straight, you're a homophobe. Congratulations.

'‘She’s a good girl and behaving herself now. We’ve explained to her that she will get into trouble with the police if she continues to pretend to be someone else, which I think she understands.'

This is a lie; there is no law against being trans. THANK GOD.

This entire article is ****ing disgusting, the Mail's blatant vendetta against trans people is terrifying (and stems from Trans Media Watch giving evidence against them to the Leveson enquiry :holmes:) and it honestly makes me scared to form any sort of relationship or friendship with anyone.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Exactly my point. We all have our prejudices. Welcome to the real world child, I don't think you are going to enjoy it so much. :rolleyes:
    Yep, and being in the real world also means people like you will be pointed out for being socially backwards. Get used to it, child.

Prejudiced against bigots of all kinds vs prejudiced against select human beings for no reason...I know which camp I prefer.

Poor little persecuted bigot.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    maybe he just doesn't like bigoted people that cause the world of harm for people who have done nothing wrong.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's not like Matt/Chloe did what they did with any malicious intent. They wished to live the normal life of a boy, so they tried to do that.

It's not like they did it for kicks or to try and humiliate her. Yes they shouldn't have lied but the girl should have some compassion, they weren't in it to do her any harm.

The parents need to get a grip too, it's hardly a terrifying spine chiller.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 20, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.