Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What games do you think could be made into films?

Announcements Posted on
Vote for your favourite games from Q4 in TSR's Game of the Year Awards! 28-11-2014
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oblivion!
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pakman)
    does anyone remember the getaway? would be perfect
    Yeah I remember that, was an alright game to play, think it could possibly work as a film but not 100% sure whether would work as similar to gta and not sure they would work as films
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aylish)
    Sims

http://youtu.be/MMXME2pm83c
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dangerous dave
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Saints Row the Third. Who doesn't want to play Johnny Gat? ;D
    • 68 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to see some good old platform games be made into films. Classics such as Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Sly Raccoon, etc.

I've heard rumours that Uncharted is being made into a film, possibly starring Matthew McConaughey. That would be interesting to see!

Also Grand Theft Auto IV - why haven't we seen a live actor play Nico Bellic yet?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If Timesplitters 2 or Future Perfect were adapted into a film, I would be one of those guys who camps outside the cinema overnight to be first in line
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    As much as i'd love to see a legend of Zelda film it would probably be too much of a hassle to work around the whole silent protagonist thing, unless god forbid they try to make link speak :afraid:

I think bastion would make a good film with the whole running narative thing, but only if the narrator was played by Morgan freeman :^_^:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If they somehow made it into one storyline - Gears of War.

Otherwise, Assassin's Creed! And maybe one or two CoD games, 3 and the MW series?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Rayman or diablo (2) covering all true gaming ages
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lollington-mccoy)
    Rayman or diablo (2) covering all true gaming ages
    Diablo is too big for a film. A TV series though would be incredible.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Diablo is too big for a film. A TV series though would be incredible.
    I agree, books have been made from blizzard (I think) and they seem pretty awesome from reviews, also the cinematic from the game was really good as well. I don't know why they haven't televised it to be honest
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pakman)
    does anyone remember the getaway? would be perfect
    guy richie as director obvs.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oddworld Strangers Wrath. Perfect.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Heavy Rain or Fahrenheit as they're basically films already.

Broken Sword!!! (The earlier ones)

Escape from Monkey Island as a comedy, possibly in the form of a children's film?

Ico maybe?

Legacy of Kain?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Boofle*)
    Heavy Rain or Fahrenheit as they're basically films already.

Broken Sword!!! (The earlier ones)

Escape from Monkey Island as a comedy, possibly in the form of a children's film?

Ico maybe?

Legacy of Kain?
    I like the idea of these being made into films only if the quick time events are kept in, give everyone in the cinema a key pad, anyone who doesn't complete the QTE gets kicked out of the film and has to start at the beginning, would be one way to make sure people pay attention
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danb_nhkn)
    I like the idea of these being made into films only if the quick time events are kept in, give everyone in the cinema a key pad, anyone who doesn't complete the QTE gets kicked out of the film and has to start at the beginning, would be one way to make sure people pay attention
    Great idea. I'd stay in right up until the end then, until my sluggishness with the X button inevitably leads to Norman falling into the crusher and the origami killer walking free. Oops
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Boofle*)
    Great idea. I'd stay in right up until the end then, until my sluggishness with the X button inevitably leads to Norman falling into the crusher and the origami killer walking free. Oops
    actually that brings up a good point, which of the endings (for the sake of the film) would be considered canon, as in would there be the perfect ending you get at the end of the film for completing all the QTEs or would they allow for change depending on how many people failed certain ones ( barring one's which would lead to an early game over obviously )

i like how i'm actually considering how to make this work.... :moon:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Assassins Creed (:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mass Effect is a canon that desperately needs to be further explored. It's one of the greatest sci-fi canons ever to be made IMO. A series or a film would be excellent, and more games, why not
Updated: April 5, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.