The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

In a dilemma...

Hi folks, I've always wanted to go to Manchester uni, being from down south I've always been attracted to the North - Manchester particularly. I applied this year but I didn't get in (with a predicted AAB) but I did get in to Southampton. I've visited Southampton and despite it being the superior of the two (for English and History) I have to say that I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I did when I went to see Manchester. So my question is this: Do I take the offer from Southampton, or go through clearing in an attempt to gain admission into Manchester?
Reply 1
sorry to hear you didn't get an offer. If I'm honest I wouldn't rely on it, History is notoriously oversubbed at Manchester and unless you have an original offer there basically seems to be no way of getting on it (I've tried myself :P) did you not like any of your other choices either?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Ahh ok no worries then, I had a feeling that would be the case! Well I applied to Bristol and Leeds as well but didn't get an offer from them either. I was quite suprised to be honest, as a lot of my older friends got offers from Manc/Leeds as low as ABC. Thanks for the response though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending