Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Oxford Brookes Firmers 2012

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyPerson)
    Not really sure, i'm going round in circles. :dontknow:

I may go for the Clive Booth Non-Ensuite (but with a sink . . . treat myself for an extra £5 a week)

You?
    Same I'll go for Clive Booth but with en-suite, second choice Cheney. Have you been to see any of them inside?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LKLB93)
    Same I'll go for Clive Booth but with en-suite, second choice Cheney. Have you been to see any of them inside?
    I haven't. Did you?

I was really hoping they'd have another Open Day, as i ran out of time in October

There is another open day on for the 2013 starters, but it's on June 9th. And the first cut off point for accommodation is June 2nd. Which is kinda pointless. ¬_¬
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I haven't. Did you?

I was really hoping they'd have another Open Day, as i ran out of time in October

There is another open day on for the 2013 starters, but it's on June 9th. And the first cut off point for accommodation is June 2nd. Which is kinda pointless. ¬_¬
    Depending on the open day it depends if there will be accommodation for you to visit. June is less likely to have a room for you to check out due to the fact that current students still are living in halls up until mid june anyway.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've firmed OB for BA Primary Teaching, really excited!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I haven't. Did you?

I saw Clive Booth en-suite, it was really nice! A substantial sized room but the kitchen is really spacious. Non en-suite I didn't like, the corridors were too narrow and I felt claustrophobic LOL.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LKLB93)
    I saw Clive Booth en-suite, it was really nice! A substantial sized room but the kitchen is really spacious. Non en-suite I didn't like, the corridors were too narrow and I felt claustrophobic LOL.
    I'm thinking of putting ensuite as my first choice instead of non ensuite.

My freinds and family are kinda changing my initial choice. :s
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Media, Communications & Culture/Psychology.

I haven't checked all the halls yet. I may go for Westminster as my first, but it's non-smoking.

(I could always give up)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam2987)
    Media, Communications & Culture/Psychology.

I haven't checked all the halls yet. I may go for Westminster as my first, but it's non-smoking.

(I could always give up)
    All halls are non smoking arent they?

Non-smoking

In line with UK Legislation all shared/communal areas in halls and entrances to buildings are designated as non-smoking.

http://www.brookes.ac.uk/studying/accommodation/living
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Non-smoking

In line with UK Legislation all shared/communal areas in halls and entrances to buildings are designated as non-smoking.

I think in some of the halls you're allowed to smoke inside your own room as long you display a sign that says something to the effect of 'this is a smoking room'.

That's what I gathered from the Halls rules and regs. I'm guessing they don't allow it at Westminster because it's just been built.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:

Non-smoking

As stated all Communal areas are non-smoking. This however does not apply to your individual room. Regardless of the hall you can smoke in your room. Normally just requires going to your halls reception and get a smoking room sign.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottay!)
    As stated all Communal areas are non-smoking. This however does not apply to your individual room. Regardless of the hall you can smoke in your room. Normally just requires going to your halls reception and get a smoking room sign.
    So I could end up stuck between two smokers, but its ok as long as they display a 'Smoking Room' sign?

Great . . . . :dry:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    So I could end up stuck between two smokers, but its ok as long as they display a 'Smoking Room' sign?

Great . . . . :dry:
    If it becomes a problem you can just report it to your halls manager. There a few smokers in the flats around me that i spend time with. You'll find that most r quite respectful about it, they will either go outside because they don't want there own room smelling of smoke or they will open a window.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey Oxford Brookers, existencial doubt here.

I'll be a postgraduate student at OB and as I come from abroad I will apply for halls. My doubt is wether to go for postgraduate only halls/blocks or go to mix/undergraduate halls.

The thing is I am a pg student and also qualify as mature student (I'll be 24 in july). however, I lived in halls all my years at uni in madrid with people from 18 to twenty something and I never got the impression there was a sort of age gap....

Are you british undergraduates as noisy as they say? ¬¬ Even for a spaniard used to live in noisy Madrid?

I dunno what to do, sorry about the waffling around. But I don't want to end up in a PG flat with people old enough to be my parents and whose definition of fun is having a glass of wine at 8pm on a Saturday.

By the way, what cleanness standard should I expect in a non-ensuite hall in Britain?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Firmed for Real Estate anyone had a look at the two new halls? Dorset House and Slade Park I think they're called they look pretty amazing!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had any info from OB about accommodation yet?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just firmed for Occupational Therapy............ need to start looking for a 2 bedroom place and a nice school for my Daughter, I like the look of Summertown? or maybe New Marston? Headington? So chuffed
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    They are going to send the packages any day now! so just wait for them!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arantxaxiam)
    They are going to send the packages any day now! so just wait for them!
    That's what I thought. But just wanted to make sure. Thanks!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheaG)
    Firming for Business Management and Marketing
    SAME still awaiting the Accommodation pack to apply online.
    Hopefully it will come in the next 2-3 weeks.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Any thoughts on Accommodation choices..??
    I'm thinking Clive Booth en-suite and Paul Kent en-suite.

I'm gonna be based on Wheatley for lectures so I know Westminster is out of the question LOL.

Anyone from London, moving to Oxford??

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 5, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.