Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Why are people shallow?

Announcements Posted on
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm sick of these people saying they are not shallow. Everyone is shallow to a certain extent. Its like how girls say they are not shallow and yet all they do is fantasize about the best looking guys. Then when I question them about it, all of a sudden its because they have 'amazing personalities' :rolleyes:
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    because i don't want to post pics of someone else without their permission? or should i ask them... "hey can i use your pic online in order to demonstrate how someone can be hot while their personality is repulsive? thanks!"..
    oh thought he meant you
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fat_hobbit)
    Often wonder about this one.

People have a tendency to put unattractive people down, but hasn't anyone for a minute thought, that if they were good looking it was down to being lucky genetically?

Hence, as looks are a given, what gives people the right to be shallow and vain?

I know looks can be improved if you work out etc. But what if you are born unattractive. Or have issues that are beyond your control? Such as defects here and there?

It's kinda like me going "wow I am amazing because I am richer then you" - if I had inherited a million quid.

Discuss
    It´s a very important question and I´ve often caught myself thinking about the same...You should be attractive to be someone..at least that´s what it seems like. Then again, beautiful people are often shallow and easily decide who they will be nice to and who they will treat as ****. I think the most important thing is to be able to look yourself in the mirror at the end of the day and know that you were the nicest you could be to all the people you met that day. Also, people less attractive feel they have to accomplish more than attractive one. It´s a great revenge when you can show that brains are way more important than looks.
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissNewfarm)
    It´s a very important question and I´ve often caught myself thinking about the same...You should be attractive to be someone..at least that´s what it seems like. Then again, beautiful people are often shallow and easily decide who they will be nice to and who they will treat as ****. I think the most important thing is to be able to look yourself in the mirror at the end of the day and know that you were the nicest you could be to all the people you met that day. Also, people less attractive feel they have to accomplish more than attractive one. It´s a great revenge when you can show that brains are way more important than looks.
    The worst is when u meet someonecwitg both the brain and the looks.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fat_hobbit)
    The worst is when u meet someonecwitg both the brain and the looks.
    I guess so...don´t give them any more right to be mean though...
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    I do try not to be shallow because I know I'm not attractive myself. I admit sometimes I'm slightly put off if a guy isn't that good looking but I'd never immediately write them off just because they weren't too attractive.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 21, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.