The Student Room Group

Help! Which foundation course do I choose?

Hi, I'm planning on studying an aspect of Film Production for my degree, but first I want to take a foundation year (2012 Entry).

Here's where I have applied:

London College of Communication (LCC - University of the Arts)
Ravensbourne
Epsom (UCA)

Can anyone give me some information about the courses? Anyone studying at the colleges at ANY level, but obviously any current or previous foundation students are preferable. Or even if you haven't been and have heard things/been on open days, I'd love to know.

Extra info:
LCC has been going through a lot this year with the Head being fired a few weeks ago, apparently she was really bad with managing the college? Not sure how much of this is due to her, and how much will actually change now...

And Ravensbourne - I've heard it's brilliant for Film areas, as well as being good for contacts, but it's open plan which isn't great, and the area is completely deserted. Opinions?

Thank you so much in advance!! :biggrin:
ravensbournes probably best for you given the state of LCC atm
Is not exactly deserted either, it's right next to the o2
Reply 2
Original post by kaylafrances
ravensbournes probably best for you given the state of LCC atm
Is not exactly deserted either, it's right next to the o2

Are you saying that purely based on what I said, or do you have other information I might find helpful? :confused: And do you think it would be sorted out, and therefore better than for the students last year, by the time September comes?

Thanks!
Original post by Nomburger
Are you saying that purely based on what I said, or do you have other information I might find helpful? :confused: And do you think it would be sorted out, and therefore better than for the students last year, by the time September comes?

Thanks!

yeah mainly because of what you said. I know that ravensbournes really technical with a huge emphasis on film making, Vis com etc and I know a few people on foundation there now that seem to really like it.
I'm really not sure about LCC, I know a lot of people are avoiding it at the moment and I'm not sure when it'll be resolved.
Reply 4
Awesome, thank you. Anyone else know anything about these foundation courses? Thanks :]
the facilities for foundation students at epsom are a bit shocking to be honest, i wouldn't go there if i had the choice! if you're concerned about LCC, i would go for ravensbourne. i have a friend there doing graphic design who loves it, and it's supposed to be great for film.

Quick Reply

Latest