(Original post by turbocharged)
Mods: do not delete this. Prostitution is LEGAL in the UK.
Thankfully, prostitution is just about legal in the UK (though the safety of women remains horribly endangered by the continued illegality of brothels, which also stifles the freedom of entreprenuerial agency/brothel owners).
However, prostitution receives very little promotion in our society, and is in fact actively discouraged. Thankfully, a large number of talented women still pursue this lucrative career.
But in order to maximise the talent pool available to punters, as well as to allow women to maximise their earning potential, I believe prostitution, along with associated professions such as domination services, should be actively promoted through careers services in schools, as well as in the media. Furthermore, men may also be encouraged to experience the joys of punting, thus increasing the income of prostitutes and ensuring that supply does not outstrip demand.
Of course, health and safety is paramount at all times, and we must also therefore encourage women to always use condoms when providing such services, receive regular STI tests and take necessary precautions to minimise contact with potentially dangerous clients.
A positive by-product of all this would be to reduce unemployment among males. The avenue of prostitution is sadly not a lucrative one for heterosexual males due to a dearth of female clients. Therefore, an increased number of prostitutes would increase job opportunities for males during these tough economic times.
In conclusion, we should promote prostitution as a career choice because:
1) it will reduce unemployment
2) it will encourage entrepreneurship
3) women can earn upwards of £120 per hour, thus allowing them to work less and increasing their opportunities to do other things, which will in turn lead to economic benefits to other sectors.
4) by legalising and regulating brothels alongside this we can increase the safety of sex workers and reduce sex trafficking.
5) we can improve the sexual capabilities of both males and females, thus leading to increased enjoyment among the population
6) we can encourage safe sex thus reducing the spread of STIs
7) we can lead the way among Western societies in normalising prostitution thus reducing prejudice against sex workers.