The Student Room Group

If I got a C and a B on my coursework, could I still get an A overall?

I'm doing AS English Literature at the moment, but my coursework pieces may not be A standard. How well would I have to do in the exam to get an A?
Reply 1
Original post by najinaji
I'm doing AS English Literature at the moment, but my coursework pieces may not be A standard. How well would I have to do in the exam to get an A?

Impossible to tell unless you know the UMS marks you got and what percentage of the year the coursework constitued

EDIT: But presuming you have three assessments (2 peices of coursework and one exam, each constituting a third of the full year) it's potentially possible to get a C in one and a B in the other and get an A overall, but you'd need a very high mark in the exam, e.g. 92%+

EDIT: AGAIN: you do maths? Surely you can work this out.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
You need 90% on the A2 exam to get an A* overall. But coursework is where you can pick up all your marks! Just keep redrafting as often as possible and keep on top of it! It can really take the pressure off when you sit your exam :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by TheCount.
EDIT: AGAIN: you do maths? Surely you can work this out.

I plan to spend my life getting other people to do my work for me. I'm getting some practise in now.

Original post by RajPopat94
You need 90% on the A2 exam to get an A* overall. But coursework is where you can pick up all your marks! Just keep redrafting as often as possible and keep on top of it! It can really take the pressure off when you sit your exam :smile:

I'm planning to drop English at A2, so I'm just concerned with AS.

Thank you to both of you. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending