Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Lancaster University Firmers 2012

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Mechanical Engineering 4 years.

Im looking at probs furness or Fylde, cheapest accom. available, that way ill have more money for going out with.

Word of advice like, ensuite accom. aint all its cracked up to be, just a way of get extra money out of you. I have my own bathroom at home and it doesnt bother me at all having to share a bathroom if needs be.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarshyJ7792)
    Firmed Mechanical Engineering 4 years.

Im looking at probs furness or Fylde, cheapest accom. available, that way ill have more money for going out with.

Word of advice like, ensuite accom. aint all its cracked up to be, just a way of get extra money out of you. I have my own bathroom at home and it doesnt bother me at all having to share a bathroom if needs be.
    Fylde is 100% ensuite; so, it won't be the cheapest accommodation available on campus.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bownessie)
    Hiya, I'm studying history there at the moment, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask
    Thanks, I'll remember that.

Out of curiosity, which minor subjects did you choose?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by affinity89)
    Fylde is 100% ensuite; so, it won't be the cheapest accommodation available on campus.
    Good information, Furness it is then, cheers
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarshyJ7792)
    Good information, Furness it is then, cheers
    Yay.

Furness is a good choice. Everywhere else is nowhere.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Management and IT here Thinking of going for either furness superior ensuite or county superior ensuite catered, still not sure if I want to be catered or not.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Maths G100

Furness or Grizedale standard

Can't wait!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Politics firmed
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lfcjamie)
    Politics firmed
    Hoping to do this as a minor so may see you there
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Not Guilty)
    somebody should make a lanc 2012 facebook group.

Software engineering. Bowlands hopefully or failing that County.
    In regards to the facebook group, there already is one:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/313933688628226/
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Firmed for physics. Any other physics firmer's?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladyliesel)
    Thanks, I'll remember that.

Out of curiosity, which minor subjects did you choose?
    I am minoring in human geography and sociology, but I am a bit wierd because I started out doing biology so when I switched I had to switch to minors that would let me on them.

From the people I know, the most common minors for history are politics, religious studies, philosophy and English lit probably. If I had actually had the choice I probably would've picked at least one of them to do instead of sociology and possibly instead of human geography as well.

Are there any subjects you are particularly interested in minoring in?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Firmed for philosophy
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bownessie)
    I am minoring in human geography and sociology, but I am a bit wierd because I started out doing biology so when I switched I had to switch to minors that would let me on them.

From the people I know, the most common minors for history are politics, religious studies, philosophy and English lit probably. If I had actually had the choice I probably would've picked at least one of them to do instead of sociology and possibly instead of human geography as well.

Are there any subjects you are particularly interested in minoring in?
    I wasn't certain yet. I'd considered criminology, film & cultural or gender & women. That sort of thing. I was looking into something new from what I've studied before.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladyliesel)
    I wasn't certain yet. I'd considered criminology, film & cultural or gender & women. That sort of thing. I was looking into something new from what I've studied before.
    Yeah, it is certainly a great opportunity to try out something too! Just note that media & cultural studies and film studies are different from eachother and you (probably) can't minor in film. Gender and women's is a minor course- which means you can only take it for a year so if you want something that is potentially majorable, then that isn't an option. They are all good though!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I've just firmed Lancaster for French and Spanish, no too sure which college I'll go for yet but probably between County and Furness
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Just firmed Lancaster for MMath year abroad- no insurance because I didn't like warwick :s anyone know when/how we can start applying for accommodation?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hiya everyone
    Just firmed to do English and Philosophy Thinking of Cartmel
    Also picked Keele as insurance which I've noticed a few other people on here have too! Good choice ha ha
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Keele's a nice little university, not as nice as Lancaster but still
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hiya!

Just firmed yesterday for medicine, and im leaning towards bowland because its cheap and i want to live in a tower.

Really fallen in love with the uni, great place to learn for 5 or so years, and us medics get a free laptop. It's free! Brilliant!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 25, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE English mock revision

Revise together & check out past papers

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.