Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University Firmers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lfcjamie
Keele's a nice little university, not as nice as Lancaster but still :biggrin:

im from near keele, and you'd have to live in stoke....

no one wants to live in stoke......
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by Julian_valensi
im from near keele, and you'd have to live in stoke....

no one wants to live in stoke......

No I agree about Stoke. Newcastle Under Lyme is a bit nicer though.
Firmed for Spanish Studies and English Literature.

Looking at Bowland and Furness for accommodation.
Reply 43
To be honest, i haven't decided yet between york and Lancaster as firm...anyway, I'm doing Maths/Philosophy...as for the college, maybe Bowland...an en-suite probabily :smile:
Firmed. Really liked it when I went to my interview. Manchester was probably better for my course but much prefer a campus and I just really liked the university.
Reply 45
Original post by lfcjamie
Politics firmed :smile:

I firmed Politics too!! :]
hope to see ya there. . .
There's quite a few of us so far then! Seen lots of people who have firmed for Maths like me :smile:
Reply 47
Done firmed for Philosophy & Religious Studies.
Anyone going to the 2nd of May campus tour?
Firmed and Reserved Lancaster a few weeks ago

Firm: Lancaster; Maths and Philosophy
Reserve: Lancaster; Philosophy

LANCASTER OR BUST!!
Original post by EdgarMcMunchkin
Firmed and Reserved Lancaster a few weeks ago

Firm: Lancaster; Maths and Philosophy
Reserve: Lancaster; Philosophy

LANCASTER OR BUST!!

That's a brilliant way to almost ensure a place at the university :smile:

I'm hopefully going to be studying Maths so I'll see you in some lectures, considering taking Philosophy as my minor subject as well :biggrin:

Best of luck.
I'm doing Maths (G100) as well, with Lancaster as my firm, Newcastle as my insurance choice :smile:
I'm probably doing Physics as my minor though, and hopefully I'll go County college, that looks the nicest to me :')
Original post by LordHurstington
I'm doing Maths (G100) as well, with Lancaster as my firm, Newcastle as my insurance choice :smile:
I'm probably doing Physics as my minor though, and hopefully I'll go County college, that looks the nicest to me :')

I'm doing G100 too.
I'm also considering a Physics minor, because even though I don't do it at A level, there are a couple of minor options where you only need Maths A level to do it.

I'm hoping for County too, standard with washbasin. The rooms look lovely!
What type do you think you'll go for?

I'm excited already, I hope the next 6 months go by quite quickly!
Original post by CallumJohn
Maths G100

Furness or Grizedale standard

Can't wait! :smile:

Have you any idea whether the Grizedale standard has been refurbished? I know there was talk of them doing it but I don't know if they actually have.

Furness or Grizedale standard will be my second choice accommodation, after County Standard.

I'm so excited :')
Reply 53
Original post by rachaelizabeth
Have you any idea whether the Grizedale standard has been refurbished? I know there was talk of them doing it but I don't know if they actually have.

Furness or Grizedale standard will be my second choice accommodation, after County Standard.

I'm so excited :')

On the website it says all standard accommodation has been refurbished in the past few years except for some of bowland also county only does superior standard don't know if you knew that but it's a little more expensive. :frown:

Are you going to be studying maths too? :biggrin:
Reply 54
Original post by TLK
Firmed for physics. Any other physics firmer's? :biggrin:

Hi there. I'm not a firmer, but I am the social sec of the physics society - hopefully I'll be seeing you at socials in Michaelmas term!

If you have any questions about the society or the department then feel free! :smile:
Reply 55
Anyone else here firmed physics? Apparently alot of people were applying but I haven't found anyone who firmed it.

Edit:
Haha, did not see that post above me...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 56
Original post by Frampoid
Anyone else here firmed physics?

I've firmed Physics too, considering switching to a year in America as well. Any advice on which college to go for? I know it doesn't matter that much, but I'd appreciate an opinion.
Reply 57
Original post by Manitude
Hi there. I'm not a firmer, but I am the social sec of the physics society - hopefully I'll be seeing you at socials in Michaelmas term!

If you have any questions about the society or the department then feel free! :smile:

Ah thanks. Could you recommend a college that would be close the lecturers and classes since it would be easier for me. Also in the list of societies for Lancaster it didn't show that there was a physics society but nice to see there is one.
Reply 58
Original post by G3Du
I've firmed Physics too, considering switching to a year in America as well. Any advice on which college to go for? I know it doesn't matter that much, but I'd appreciate an opinion.

I don't really know, but from what i've heard you should pick what accommodation you want, and then the college will pick itself, like, i'm considering applying for either county or fylde, just because I liked the look of the accommodation when I went there for an open day.
Reply 59
Original post by TLK
Ah thanks. Could you recommend a college that would be close the lecturers and classes since it would be easier for me. Also in the list of societies for Lancaster it didn't show that there was a physics society but nice to see there is one.

Bowland is probably the closest. Fydle and Furness are also really close. Technically I'm in grizedale, which was 5-10 minutes from lectures last year.

And the reason that we probably don't show up in the lists is because we're not funded by the Student's Union, one of the few active societies on campus to take this stance. As a consequence we are not burdened by bureaucracy, or health and safety regulations. Also, membership is free and automatic for all physics students :cool:

(This includes minors and Universe As An Art students for other people reading this who are considering taking a physics course as a minor)

Quick Reply

Latest