Glad I have put Bowland as my first accommodation choice :biggrin:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by Sullster
Glad I have put Bowland as my first accommodation choice :biggrin:

You already been able to apply for accommodation?! :redface:
just got my accommodation and college application email!
Reply 143
Put Bowland ensuite as firm choice and Furness superior as insurance. :P
Reply 144
I've already asked this on the Lancaster Applicants thread and got a good answer, but I need a couple more clarifications.

I need a room with a lot of floor space. I don't need ensuite, don't need the best bar on campus, don't need the college with the best social scene, don't need to fall out of bed and stagger to lectures five minutes away, etc, etc,...

I've been advised that Bowland may have the largest rooms. Will asking for 'superior' get me a larger room than standard? I'd appreciate suggestions for my second choice and alternatives for my first if Bowland doesn't have the largest rooms.

Thanks in advance.
Just applied for my accommodation, County then Grizedale. Cannot wait to get there!
Reply 146
Original post by lewisd17
Hey guys:smile:
I'm holding an unconditional offer for European Languages (Spanish) and Management. The only reason I haven't firmed yet is because I'm waiting for their decision on the other course I've applied to, the BBA European Management (with the two years in Madrid). I only applied last week afte having left a terrible university in April.

I really don't know which one to go for if I do get accepted onto both (*touch wood*) can anyone give any advice? I've noticed a couple of others who've applied for the BBA one, what attracted you to it over the other courses?

Cheers!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

i've applied to do Spanish with Management too and i'm considering doing the BBA with the 2 years in Madrid (if i get the extra A) but i can't decide which one either, i mean it would be an amazing opportunity but would be really scary haha
Firmed for Philosophy, thinking of picking up Politics and then not sure on my second minor!
Furness Upgraded Standard, first choice, then Bowland second :biggrin: so excited !
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 148
I've firmed for Film studies & Philosophy and put Grizedale as my 1st choice and County as the 2nd one:smile:
Reply 149
Original post by jesswalsh
i've applied to do Spanish with Management too and i'm considering doing the BBA with the 2 years in Madrid (if i get the extra A) but i can't decide which one either, i mean it would be an amazing opportunity but would be really scary haha

I've gone for Spanish with Management :smile:
I've put County Superior Standard as my first choice and Grizedale Townhouse as my second choice. BRING ON SEPTEMBER!
Reply 151
Couldn't find Superior Standard as an option on the application page, anyone else come across this?

Reply 152
Couldn't find Superior Standard as an option on the application page, anyone else come across this?

It's the same for me too. :confused:
Original post by Erratic
It's the same for me too. :confused:

Did you put County as your college in the first place and then try to select it in the next drop down list? Because County is the only college that do it. And you have to select college first, and then the page should re-load and you should then be able to chose your type of accom.
Sorry if you already know this, but it was worth a shot me saying it in case.
Reply 154
Original post by rachaelizabeth
Did you put County as your college in the first place and then try to select it in the next drop down list? Because County is the only college that do it. And you have to select college first, and then the page should re-load and you should then be able to chose your type of accom.
Sorry if you already know this, but it was worth a shot me saying it in case.

Yep, done all that. And reloaded the page, restarted my browser and restarted my computer too. Confused!

EDIT: Here's the screenshot. It's the same for all 'let lengths' too, just couldn't be bothered screenshotting each one

accomm.png
Yep, done all that. And reloaded the page, restarted my browser and restarted my computer too. Confused!

EDIT: Here's the screenshot. It's the same for all 'let lengths' too, just couldn't be bothered screenshotting each one

accomm.png

Is that on windows? How did you get it to look like a mac?? :biggrin:
Reply 156
Original post by jerseymackem
Is that on windows? How did you get it to look like a mac?? :biggrin:

Yeah I'm on Windows 7 aha, I downloaded a Mac Lion OS X theme and did some tinkering with it, can't remember the site though I think it got removed. Google it :smile:
I've firmed Lancaster for History, Philosophy and Politics (AAB) and insured Lancaster Philosophy (ABB).

accomm.png

On facebook they say it's a problem with the website which they're fixing today. That accommodation is still available.
Reply 159
They just sent this out:

Afternoon. We have had a few calls today about the Superior Standard rooms in County College not showing on the application site: This is intentional, as there are so few of them (many second and third years have filled it up). Bowland, Pendle, Grizedale and Furness all offer similar rooms billed as Upgraded Standard, if you want to consider them instead.

Guess we're not getting in there then! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending