The Student Room Group

Favourite dog breed

Scroll to see replies

I love poodles <3
Golden Retrievers, without a doubt. We had one from when I was a baby til I was 15 and he was a big softie. He even let my sister colour his nose in with a felt tip once when she was little.
Reply 102
I have a Dalmatian thee most rewarding Dog ever when trained right. She is loopy tho which makes her even more individual.
From the breeds my family has had I'd say German Shepherds are my favourite. I'd love to have a Golden Retriever in the future though. :yep:
Original post by kog
Labradors

Gawjus <3
CRW_0050.jpg

Weimaraner <3

This is Willow, my mums dog (:
Reply 106
Breed wise probably German Shepherd or Border Collie.

However a cross breed is often healthier and makes just as good a companion.
Poodles, Dachshunds, St Bernards, English Bulldogs, Akitas, Shiba Inu, American Cocker Spaniels, English Coocker Spaniels, Bassett Hounds, Bloodhounds, Old English Sheepdogs, Sharpeis, Chow-chows, these are all my favourite dog breeds but yeah I like poodles most of all. So cute and fluffy and elegant and refined. I love speaking in French with poodles, i think they can understand me :smile:
Border Terriers <3
Reply 109
cats, much nicer....
I love old english sheep dogs

old_english_sheepdog_1.jpg

and Northern inuit dogs (they look just like wolves) I know someone who has 4 and they have the nices temperament.

3024421516_dcbab54d75.jpg

but I love all dogs tbh. :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Irish setter all the way!

Only recently lost my one :frown: its strange that you take them for granted while theyre there and when theyre gone you realise how much you miss them...
Original post by charlie9872
My favourite would have to be a malamute:

29319.jpg

Its a ****ing wolf!

Original post by JohnC2211
This! Alaskan Malamute or Northern Inuit (they were used to portray the direwolves in the TV adaptation of Game of Thrones).

I actually believe the picture you have attached is of a northern inuit as well.

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOv-116k3000D-owouXyVLHtiH5IZcPOjWF9sn9UuvsM5attvcZQ

I have two Alaskan Malamutes. They are such incredible dogs! Love 'em to bits. They had pups just under a year ago too, that was a great experience! They were all gorgeous! :biggrin:
Reply 113

Golden Retrievers are the best
Reply 114
I've had springer spaniels as pets all my life so I've got a lot of love for them...
I'd like to have a border terrier/mix/mongrel of similar size when I move out/settle down though.
I may be slightly biased because of this one:

That's my dog and he's a labrador.

So naturally I adore labradors :tongue:
I do adore Border Collies and Huskies and Great Danes as well though.
Greyhound! So lovely and cuddly and cute!

Or possibly German Shepherd - they're so... chunky!
Reply 117
Original post by lothiriel
I may be slightly biased because of this one:

That's my dog and he's a labrador.

So naturally I adore labradors :tongue:
I do adore Border Collies and Huskies and Great Danes as well though.

Oh my days he is gorgeous!.Those eyes...
Long Haired Miniature Dachshund

414649994_qYrF5-M.jpg
A white and Tan English Bull Terrier <3

Quick Reply

Latest