Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Good face wash?

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking for a good everyday face wash, i have acne that's not major but still enough to be annoying! Any recommendations for a good exfoliating face wash?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    neutrogena have some good ones depending on your skin type. Garnier are also good.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Biore pore unclogging scrub is quite nice. £5 in Boots
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moontoon)
    I'm looking for a good everyday face wash, i have acne that's not major but still enough to be annoying! Any recommendations for a good exfoliating face wash?
    St Ives and Clearasil both have some really good scrubs, if you want something cleansing, Neutrogena have a good wash/mask.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've heard great things about Neutrogena anti acne products, but how does the brand compare to Clearasil, Simple etc products?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    This stuff http://www.oxy.co.uk/ is amazing. I couldn't recommend it enough.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    neutrogena stuff, the exfoliating stuff that comes in a blue bottle thing (cant remember the name)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DemolitionLovers)
    This stuff http://www.oxy.co.uk/ is amazing. I couldn't recommend it enough.
    Speaking from experience of having acne or?

Also, how does that Oxy compare to the older ones, such as :
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oxy_09.10.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	137154
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how good Simple is? It's the one I've been using for years and it's been good for me I just like the idea of it not having any unnecessary chemicals (if that's true and not just for marketing!)
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I use this face wash every morning and evening (just dab some on a cotton wool pad and then rub it over you face.)

And then I use this a couple of times a week.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moontoon)
    Speaking from experience of having acne or?

Also, how does that Oxy compare to the older ones, such as :
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oxy_09.10.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	137154
    I don't have acne but I get the occasional spots and it's definitely quick at clearing them up and preventing more coming as much.

Sorry, I don't know about the old stuff.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geetar)
    I use this face wash every morning and evening (just dab some on a cotton wool pad and then rub it over you face.)

And then I use this a couple of times a week.
    i use this tooo
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    St Ives Apricot Scrub is a fantastic exfoliator, and the best cleanser I've ever used is Ultrabland from Lush.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inspiration91)
    Does anyone know how good Simple is? It's the one I've been using for years and it's been good for me I just like the idea of it not having any unnecessary chemicals (if that's true and not just for marketing!)
    I use simple cleanser and toner and it's great for me. Any clearasil product I've ever used makes my skin look like I've rubbed poison ivy on my face, my skin is just too sensitive to whatever chemical they put in it. However I don't have acne, so I don't know how effective it is for that.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know a good face-wash that's absolutely FREE.

Oats. 100% oats.
    Grab a handful of oats and close your hand into a tight fist before running it under warm water. Take your fist away from the water then open it. Splash some water on the oats in your hand and spread them on your face. DO NOT put the oat juice down the drain. Use it on your face because IT'S ALL GOOD!
    Rinse the oats off your face with warm water and press a flannel on your face softly to dry it.

Do that for a good few weeks every night and your face will be golden.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexmagpie)
    I use simple cleanser and toner and it's great for me. Any clearasil product I've ever used makes my skin look like I've rubbed poison ivy on my face, my skin is just too sensitive to whatever chemical they put in it. However I don't have acne, so I don't know how effective it is for that.
    Yeah agreed! Clearasil, Neutrogena etc make my face feel like I've scrubbed tooo many layers off!

Have you tried any other face washes that are gentle on your skin?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inspiration91)
    Yeah agreed! Clearasil, Neutrogena etc make my face feel like I've scrubbed tooo many layers off!

Have you tried any other face washes that are gentle on your skin?
    The only other one I've really used is a sanctuary spa cleanser - one of the ones you rub on dry skin and just take off with a cotton wool pad. That's really gentle and nice, but I think they're fairly expensive (my mum occasionally gets stuff like that free).
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onthejubileeline)
    St Ives Apricot Scrub is a fantastic exfoliator, and the best cleanser I've ever used is Ultrabland from Lush.
    I second both of these.
    LUSH stuff is good in general - Herbalism and Dark Angels are scrubs that I've found to be pretty good on spot-prone skin. I also use Bohemian (a lemon soap) once a day, and use Vanishing Cream moisturiser.
    But I do just love LUSH :love:

Slightly cheaper, I really like this range from Simple. It's good for sensitive skin and actually works!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I use an organic surge face wash (which I think you can buy from John lewis?) or a bar of l'occitaine shea butter soap. Or just dove soap
    clearasil/neutrogena is way too harsh for my skin, I've found gentle face washes keep my skin calm but don't get rid of spots, but neither does clearasil
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is meant to be really good.. My friend uses it and he has none left.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 30, 2012
New on TSR

What do you think of the BBC?

UK Parliament wants to hear your views

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.