Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Good face wash?

Announcements Posted on
    • 4 followers

(Original post by Miracle Day)
    This is meant to be really good.. My friend uses it and he has none left.

Watching that made me want to hurt things.
    • 50 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainy)
    Watching that made me want to hurt things.
    Justin uses Proactiv.. so you should to haha!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    i use Garnier Pure 3-in-1 Wash Scrub and Mask

it is ok...

i also use st ives once a week or just when i remember really... it's pretty good, i like it

i don't know.. i've used everything.. simple, neutrogina, clearasil... i've never found anything i really like.. it all dries out my skin. i don't get acne but i get the odd spot and they just go away when they go away... it's just hormones.. none of this crap prevents/clears because it's not to do with how clean your face is.. it just depends on your oil production, pores, how easily they get clogged by dead skin etc. (which you can't help)

though look for salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide etc. in your face wash because this does help, but don't expect miracles.. also you can get benzoyl peroxide gel (in 2.5%, 5% and 10%) and this also kind of helps but not really... but i guess it's quite good.

the one thing i found that DOES really help is honey and cinnamon (just put some honey in a bowl and mix some cinnamon in) face mask... leave it on for about 10 mins (and you can have a cheeky lick too because it's delish) then wash off with water.. possibly face wash too depends how easily it comes off.. i found this does actually clear my skin, keeps it hydrated too as in it doesn't dry it out.. it's a lot of faff though so i usually don't bother.

if you honestly have acne problem the best option is to go to your doctor and ask if he can get you onto some drugs.. also the pill can clear you up too because it affects your hormones, but it can also make it worse.
    • 50 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    i use Garnier Pure 3-in-1 Wash Scrub and Mask

it is ok...

i also use st ives once a week or just when i remember really... it's pretty good, i like it

i don't know.. i've used everything.. simple, neutrogina, clearasil... i've never found anything i really like.. it all dries out my skin. i don't get acne but i get the odd spot and they just go away when they go away... it's just hormones.. none of this crap prevents/clears because it's not to do with how clean your face is.. it just depends on your oil production, pores, how easily they get clogged by dead skin etc. (which you can't help)

though look for salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide etc. in your face wash because this does help, but don't expect miracles..

the one thing i found that DOES really help is honey and cinnamon (just put some honey in a bowl and mix some cinnamon in) face mask... leave it on for about 10 mins (and you can have a cheeky lick too because it's delish) then wash off with water.. possibly face wash too depends how easily it comes off.. i found this does actually clear my skin, keeps it hydrated too as in it doesn't dry it out.. it's a lot of faff though so i usually don't bother.
    What about good old soup? Sounds less complicated lol
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i use clean and clear deep action cream wash- its brill and i've found sudocrem helps to keep spots away too

http://www.clean-and-clear.co.uk/pro...ion-cream-wash
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lush do really good natural face washes which I really like. I use one called herbalism which comes in a tub and it is crumbly and green, and you add a few drops of water to make it into like a paste which gives a nice gentle scrub. I would highly recommend it!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    What about good old soup? Sounds less complicated lol

lol soup, chicken or mushroom?

though seriously try it is tastes nice
    • 50 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    lol soup, chicken or mushroom?

though seriously try it is tastes nice
    Soap.. facepalm
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Soap.. facepalm
    oh haha oops... i would say it's late i don't really have an excuse

soap dries out your skin a lot btw it's not good for your face.. you should use face wash at least. not soap..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I only use 2 face wash. It's either Neutrogena or Garnier. Try them. You'll feel your skin so smooth.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Simple products are really good for all skin types
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Justin uses Proactiv.. so you should to haha!
    Im going to buy it now.

OP I use a mild soap bar, and my skin is flawless. Plus with soap you can actually FEEL your face is cleaner
    • 50 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by username2012)
    Im going to buy it now.

OP I use a mild soap bar, and my skin is flawless. Plus with soap you can actually FEEL your face is cleaner
    I'm glad I've influenced your life in some way
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gearoid94)
    Lush do really good natural face washes which I really like. I use one called herbalism which comes in a tub and it is crumbly and green, and you add a few drops of water to make it into like a paste which gives a nice gentle scrub. I would highly recommend it!
    Ditto this! I like Angels on Bare Skin best, they're really good at sorting out spotty skin.

Using harsh products like a lot of those marketed for acne, oily skin etc. is so bad for your skin, they're full of chemicals that are just not good news.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 30, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.