The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology Unit 4 (6BI04) - 15 June 2012 - Official Exam Discussion Thread!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by This Honest
Well obviosuly not in detail, just briefly, aren't you resitting unit 4?
You would have seen in jan there was a small section of unit 2 but none on unit 1.

nope! i didnt do the unit 4 exam in jan
are you doing the international alternative to assessment?

Original post by Abrar_Higuain
Guys um really freaked out with Bio unit 6..ne predictions what core practical might come up this year in question no 1??????
Original post by kitriviolet
are you doing the international alternative to assessment?

yep um doing that....the written examination thing..as i am an international candidate.....u have ne predictions or advise regarding this unit????:smile:
Edexcel A2 Biology is hell on Earth.
oh im doing that one too :frown: although i prefer this to the internal assessment its still the toughest paper i have..predictions? from my past experience doing AS level, i think you can at least eliminate those experiments that have appeared in the past A2 papers. well i did that last time and it worked so yea :P if that experiment has appeared in a past A2 paper, then you dont need to study that in too much detail, just a brief look will do.

yep um doing that....the written examination thing..as i am an international candidate.....u have ne predictions or advise regarding this unit????:smile:
Reply 45

I'm international as well :smile: unit 6 is really difficult tho...
yes and i started preparing too late..how on earth am i supposed to write a few full pages when they just give me a few lines for Q3? geezzzz

questions 1 and 2 arent much less tough either..

Original post by aqua05
Original post by kitriviolet
yes and i started preparing too late..how on earth am i supposed to write a few full pages when they just give me a few lines for Q3? geezzzz

questions 1 and 2 arent much less tough either..

lol...few lines given nd u have to write few full pages....ironically i cant even cross just 1 page..the planning experiment thing is so damn tough..ne suggestions aboUt PRELIMINARY WORK, LIMITATIONS ????.....i m clueless about those things.....:frown:
hahaha my words are big and i cant write much either..and its worth 10 marks!!
even when i do my school-based assessments (thats what hong kong calls our internal practicals) they give us 2 hours for the prep work, 2 for experiment and report..how the hell am i supposed to write one full report and two frigging data response questions in 1 h 30 min. serious no way.

our teacher says that limitations=circumstances that your experiment set up you fail. like what your set up can not test.

lol...few lines given nd u have to write few full pages....ironically i cant even cross just 1 page..the planning experiment thing is so damn tough..ne suggestions aboUt PRELIMINARY WORK, LIMITATIONS ????.....i m clueless about those things.....:frown:
Reply 49
Original post by aqua05

we should open a thread for 6BIO8 2012!!! how are you guys are preparing for it? I solved the past papers but i am not good enough and i dont know how to make it better :/
Reply 50
Original post by demdil
we should open a thread for 6BIO8 2012!!! how are you guys are preparing for it? I solved the past papers but i am not good enough and i dont know how to make it better :/

Yes, you must make a thread. And you must also check last year's Edexcel Bio Unit 6B thread - just search for it here - because it has a lot of useful resources which you guys may find very helpful.
Reply 51
Original post by M Kh
Yes, you must make a thread. And you must also check last year's Edexcel Bio Unit 6B thread - just search for it here - because it has a lot of useful resources which you guys may find very helpful.

Reply 52
Original post by demdil

You are welcome.

Just spread the word to whoever you know are doing Edexcel Bio unit 6B.
Reply 53
Original post by M Kh
You are welcome.

Whats the website for edexcel biology unit 6 ?
Reply 54
I flopped this epicly in Jan....
Reply 55
Original post by M Kh
You are welcome.

can you help me with how to create a new thread?..
Reply 56
Original post by aqua05
Whats the website for edexcel biology unit 6 ?

i created a thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1994223&p=37453860#post37453860
i will add the files that i found in the previous threads.. hope it will be useful :smile:
Reply 57
Original post by demdil
can you help me with how to create a new thread?..

I am sorry for not replying to you earlier. I just didn't check TSR again.
Reply 58
Original post by M Kh
I am sorry for not replying to you earlier. I just didn't check TSR again.

no problem :smile: i found out how to do it a few mins later i wrote to you ..
Reply 59
Original post by This Honest
x

heyy can you explain to me about what you need to know about peat bogs? I cant get that in my head:mad::mad::mad:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending