The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology Unit 4 (6BI04) - 15 June 2012 - Official Exam Discussion Thread!!!

Scroll to see replies

Edexcel - The only exam board to set a biology paper, with no actual biology in it....
last 5 marks for bio pre release was diabolical.
Reply 1162
Original post by ineedtorevise127
last 5 marks for bio pre release was diabolical.

I know!! Did we just have to quote from the pre release? Because it had an * next to the question which confused me lol

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad
yeah we were told that you should be able to answer the pre release questions without actually reading the pre release because the questions should be based on biological principles that we have learned - had to basically just quote the pre release for these questions, was so silly!
can anyone upload the paper?
Original post by 19941994
I know!! Did we just have to quote from the pre release? Because it had an * next to the question which confused me lol

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad

I talked about PRDM16 acting as a transcription factor, switching on the gene which codes for BAT.
Original post by Gman1234
I talked about PRDM16 acting as a transcription factor, switching on the gene which codes for BAT.

me too, and that it needed to be switched on, then i started talkning about transcription and translation just incase :colondollar:
As the QP and MS came out on the following link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?o1n7hoan4pa9m

I've been going through the Mark Scheme for the UNIT 4 paper, however it appears that the Answer for Question 7 (b) is faulty?
It was a Cross/Tick question and there is no answer given?
Original post by MartinK84
As the QP and MS came out on the following link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?o1n7hoan4pa9m

I've been going through the Mark Scheme for the UNIT 4 paper, however it appears that the Answer for Question 7 (b) is faulty?
It was a Cross/Tick question and there is no answer given?

The answer is, true, true, false

Unit 5 boundaries are low, that quite a bit of my worrying gone already.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending