The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology Unit 4 (6BI04) - 15 June 2012 - Official Exam Discussion Thread!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by aqua05
High chance of spirometer & respiratoer to come up.. habituation & antibiotic already came uip

The Spirometer, Respirometer and Habituation Core Practicals are from Unit 5.
Reply 101
Hello all,

I have a request. As the exam approaches, it is becoming really difficult to get over my exam nerves and concentrate on the revision. So I would like to revise with everyone who is interested. I am thinking of deciding a particular time at which everyone who is interested could come online together and we could discuss whatever we need to know for each specification point on the Edexcel GCE Biology Specification. We did this last year on TSR and it helped a lot - I achieved almost full ums so it really did help a lot. In this way, whoever needs to ask doubts could be replied to immediately. Whoever is interested, please state a suitable time (in GMT) until tonight and we can decide a particular time (in GMT ofcourse) which suits everyone.

This is for anyone who wants to find out what their local time is in GMT: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/gmt-converter/

Good Luck all and I really hope we all achieve to the best of our capabilities. Thanks for reading my post.
Reply 102
Hello all,

I have a request. As the exam approaches, it is becoming really difficult to get over my exam nerves and concentrate on the revision. So I would like to revise with everyone who is interested. I am thinking of deciding a particular time at which everyone who is interested could come online together and we could discuss whatever we need to know for each specification point on the Edexcel GCE Biology Specification. We did this last year on TSR and it helped a lot - I achieved almost full ums so it really did help a lot. In this way, whoever needs to ask doubts could be replied to immediately. Whoever is interested, please state a suitable time (in GMT) until tonight and we can decide a particular time (in GMT ofcourse) which suits everyone.

This is for anyone who wants to find out what their local time is in GMT: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/gmt-converter/

Good Luck all and I really hope we all achieve to the best of our capabilities. Thanks for reading my post
Reply 103
Hello all,

Good Luck all and I really hope we all achieve to the best of our capabilities.
Thanks for reading my post.
Reply 104
Hello all,

Good Luck all and I really hope we all achieve to the best of our capabilities.

Thanks for reading my post.
Reply 105
Hello all,

Good Luck all and I really hope we all achieve to the best of our capabilities
Thanks for reading my post
Reply 106
Original post by M Kh
Hello all,

Thats a good idea! Not fussy about what time, as i'm in the UK (GMT) so just let me know what date and time people decide :smile: where online would we do this?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 107
Original post by M Kh
Hello all,

im on it :smile:
Original post by M Kh
Hello all,

I'll think about it but do let me know when it's gonna be. I'm in the uk too
Reply 109
hey guys..can someone help me out in the jan 2011 paper.. question 5c(i)... i really dont understand the mark scheme..
thanks
Original post by aqua05
hey guys..can someone help me out in the jan 2011 paper.. question 5c(i)... i really dont understand the mark scheme..
thanks

There is no 5ci, do you mean bii or biv?
Reply 111
Original post by M Kh
Hello all,

Good Luck all and I really hope we all achieve to the best of our capabilities. Thanks for reading my post.

I am on it! Why dont you, instead of deciding a time, just put up any questions or topics you dont get and I will try to answer you as best as i can!
Reply 112
Guys do we have to know an example of a primary succession off by hear? Its in my CGP as an example but i dont know if i should memorise it or not
Reply 113
Who can answer this question :

Using suitable examples, explain how sympatric speciation differs from allopatric speciation (6marks)
Reply 114
Original post by arnab
Who can answer this question :

Using suitable examples, explain how sympatric speciation differs from allopatric speciation (6marks)

Allopatric speciation occurs between geographically isolated populations. The gene pool of the species' is physically seperated, so the seperate populations can then evolve independently of each other.
Sympatric speciation occurs when organisms inhabiting the same area become seperated into two or more reproductively isolated groups.

I don't know what else I could write. But check the markscheme.
Original post by d_94
Allopatric speciation occurs between geographically isolated populations. The gene pool of the species' is physically seperated, so the seperate populations can then evolve independently of each other.
Sympatric speciation occurs when organisms inhabiting the same area become seperated into two or more reproductively isolated groups.

do we have to know this ???
do we need to know aboiut genetic diagrams??
Reply 117
Original post by Jasmine_777
do we have to know this ???

I am not too sure but it was a question from the old syllabus and i didnt whether we should know it or not!

Original post by d_94

thanks. Do to you think we need to know for the exam on friday?
Reply 118
Original post by arnab
I am not too sure but it was a question from the old syllabus and i didnt whether we should know it or not!

thanks. Do to you think we need to know for the exam on friday?

Yess. 'Cause its written on page 56 in the A2 Edexcel Biology Book (Dark Green)
Reply 119
Original post by d_94
Yess. 'Cause its written on page 56 in the A2 Edexcel Biology Book (Dark Green)

ohh cool. Never ever read the green book, just memorised the whole of the CGP book:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending