Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2012 Malaysian GP Thread

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness in in to the final 16! The group winners battle it out for the overall title! 15-07-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Rain rain rain please. I reckon Vettel would nick it in the dry. Another Button win with rain! I've seen pictures on the same day of bright sunshine and pouring rain in Sepang, I think it was what happened yesterday. You never know what's going to happen.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Torres)
    Rain rain rain please. I reckon Vettel would nick it in the dry. Another Button win with rain! I've seen pictures on the same day of bright sunshine and pouring rain in Sepang, I think it was what happened yesterday. You never know what's going to happen.
    I think that with the massive long straights and the apparent lack of downforce in the RBR, Vettel would struggle in the rain.

Ferrari bringing a new chassis to the race apparently!
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)

Ferrari bringing a new chassis to the race apparently!
    It's a new chassis, only for Massa IIRC.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f1mad)
    It's a new chassis, only for Massa IIRC.
    I believe you are correct there.

I sincerely hope he does better this weekend. Hell, I sincerely hope he can get back to his old self soon... If not, I can't see him making it to the end of the season. The Italian media are already calling for his head!

Who would replace him though? Jaime? Perez? Trulli?

Not exactly proven winners right there...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I doubt he'll get back to his old self, but he'll certainly do better. This will probably be his last season for Ferrari unless he really pulls it out the bag and matches Alonso. The sooner Domenicali buggers off, the better.

Also, Happy birthday Ayrton Senna..
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    I believe you are correct there.

I sincerely hope he does better this weekend. Hell, I sincerely hope he can get back to his old self soon... If not, I can't see him making it to the end of the season. The Italian media are already calling for his head!

Who would replace him though? Jaime? Perez? Trulli?

Not exactly proven winners right there...
    I doubt he's ever going to get back to his oldself. Germany 2010 has probably destroyed any confidence he had left in himself and in that team.

Probably Perez, or some other driver in the Ferrari academy.
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why on earth would they bring Truli.

Kimi, Webber, Perez or Kobayashi would be my tips.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f1mad)
    I doubt he's ever going to get back to his oldself. Germany 2010 has probably destroyed any confidence he had left in himself and in that team.

Probably Perez, or some other driver in the Ferrari academy.
    Sad, but true.

Perez could be interesting in a Ferrari.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Webber is a great shout, well sort of, because he does seem happy at Red Bull and he is in the fastest car. The team seem very happy with keeping him so he would be crazy to leave.

If not Webber then Kobayashi is my guess. Maybe they don't want to miss the window with Perez though, could be a tough choice.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Regardless of Massa's performance this year, I think it would be a mistake for all parties to get rid of him before the season is over. Massa still has a chance to improve, and I expect him to as the car improves but I don't think he'll be matching Alonso. Having said that, I think Ferrari would regret bringing in a replacement driver, since it's very likely it would take time to get them used to the car and up to speed (if at all). Finally, it would be a mistake for a driver to agree to replace Massa because, as previously mentioned, they would take a while to get up to speed and a lack of speed in this situation, whilst possibly unavoidable, could be career-destroying.

I think Ferrari are clever enough to realise these things, and as much as I like Massa, I don't think we'll be seeing him in a Maranello-designed car next year.
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    I believe the Red Bull owner confirmed last year that this would be Webber's final year in a Red Bull and he has said himself that he would not likely go to a Midfield team so Ferrari, Mclaren and possibly Lotus and Mercedes would be the only options other than retiring.

Massa should not stay at Ferrari even if he wants to, he is quite capable but he needs to be allowed freedom and not have to play number 2. Equally anything less than a Mercedes or Lotus he should not accept.

Would love to see Kobayashi in a Ferrari, so flamboyant and fast.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Why on earth would they bring Truli.

Kimi, Webber, Perez or Kobayashi would be my tips.
    Doubt it would be Kimi- he wasnt happy with Ferrari and they weren't happy with him when he left. Webber will probally see out his career in Red Bull. My money is on Perez.
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anybody think Hamilton will be gone from Mclaren, that could potentially leave an open door for Kimi to come back in 2014?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anybody think Hamilton will be gone from Mclaren, that could potentially leave an open door for Kimi to come back in 2014?
    Lol, no chance.
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    depends, if McLaren win the Constructors or he or Button win the Drivers Championship I think he will stay as he will know it's a championship winning car, if McLaren struggle and/or Hamilton has another bad year, then yeah I can see him leaving, maybe taking time out from F1 rather than joining another team straight away though.

edit: as for Kimi, it would depend on how he does for Lotus this year as to whether McLaren would take him back tbh.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Maybe not Kimi but I can see Hamilton leaving, he was realyl annoyed at not having a quick car last season and this season they have a quick car, if however, it ends up that RBR become dominate again then I can see him trying to get a drive at RBR. It's the only other place he could go. It's either McLaren or RBR.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Alonso to hit up the podium, let me check the odds
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Looking to see what Kimi Raikkonen does if he starts further up the field
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hope Kimi can do something special this weekend! Also hoping Button beats Hamilton again
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'll just happy to see Red Bull not being able to keep up.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 31, 2012
New on TSR

Moving on from GCSEs

What advice would you give someone starting A-levels?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered motorsport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.