Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Movies that were NOT a waste of time.

Announcements Posted on
Applying to uni this year? Check out our new personal statement advice hub 28-11-2014
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pride)
    I haven't seen awakening, I might do so then. I didn't really like Dark knight, it was too long, and just not that interesting, just lots of action lol
    Its a good film, if you like chilling ghost films (not ****e like Paranormal activity, and not gore like Hostel).

Haha I'm Batman Obsessed, Nolan-Obsessed. And love Christian Bale. Perfect film for me! (Alongside Batman Begins...!)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    if i need to take a break from revising i often watch films vaguely related to the subject i'm doing. it's obviously not actual revision as the films aren't rooted in fact, but it can help to inspire you about the subject. for instance, i watched thirteen days when revising the cold war as it's based around the cuban missile crisis (i suppose you could also watch x-men..) or schindler's list when i was revising nazi germany.. they're not exactly comedies though..
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    pans labyrinth is an absolutely amazing film loved it !!!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bad boys 1...moral of the story is good guys always win,

or the waterboy!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pulp Fiction is the best 3 hours I've spent
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheylan)
    #uselesshashtagsareawesome
    Why thank you For all of you who are personally and emotionally injured by my hashtag - IGNORE IT. Its a habit.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pride)
    wait, you don't want to be watching movies when you're meant to be revising! You'll get nothing done!

But during your breaks, you might want to have a look at a movie called the Orphanage. There's nothing like a decent horror movie (ie, not just lots of gore) in between revision. If I remember correctly, I think it's in spanish with english subs...

You might also like A Beautiful Mind, well I liked that one.
    Beautiful mind? Are you into math? That IS a good movie though... thank you
    Umm... i take watching movies as a reward for revising , i wanted to make sure it is worthwhile.. like a useful movie y'know. The Great Debaters and Good will Hunting were good too.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosehx)
    if i need to take a break from revising i often watch films vaguely related to the subject i'm doing. it's obviously not actual revision as the films aren't rooted in fact, but it can help to inspire you about the subject. for instance, i watched thirteen days when revising the cold war as it's based around the cuban missile crisis (i suppose you could also watch x-men..) or schindler's list when i was revising nazi germany.. they're not exactly comedies though..
    Well umm ... i take sciences ( all 3 bio, chem phy) business and art. I guess its way easier to find movies for history and stuff. All i'm saying is that a movie on meiosis would preTTy boring.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Both Monty Python films - The Holy Grail and Life of Brian. (First one is my favourite...)

More recently - Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Stardust, The Fifth Element, The Sixth Sense...ooh and Star Wars!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I will add, most films starring Colin Firth.
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilverbySkyline)
    Women :wink:
    What about them?

Oh, yes, a man can't be seen watching a film with almost only women in it.... unless they're topless, that is.

Men. :rolleyes:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rascacielos)
    What about them?

Oh, yes, a man can't be seen watching a film with almost only women in it.... unless they're topless, that is.

Men. :rolleyes:
    Haha for your information I tried to watch True Blood (given -it's a t.v series and not a film), and found the nudity detracted from the story line as it almost seemed needless or forced. But I can't argue, topless women do make for a good movie. Lets not pretend that when you watched troy you weren't loving the fact that every second scene was Brad Pitt washing his abs over a wash basin! You disgust me!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Trainspotting

The Shining

Requium for a Dream
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilverbySkyline)
    Haha for your information I tried to watch True Blood (given -it's a t.v series and not a film), and found the nudity detracted from the story line as it almost seemed needless or forced. But I can't argue, topless women do make for a good movie. Lets not pretend that when you watched troy you weren't loving the fact that every second scene was Brad Pitt washing his abs over a wash basin! You disgust me!
    I've never seen Troy and Brad Pitt is about as far away from my view of attractiveness as you can get.

10/10 for turning the issue around on me though.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Room. 2 hours of solid gold.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 24, 2012
New on TSR

Vote for your favourite Christmas film

Win a bundle of Xmas DVDs

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki film section

Quick link:

Unanswered film threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.