Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

BTEC ICT National Diploma - Level 3 [Unit 14 - Event Driven Programming]

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Currently on the event programming assignment and finding it quite difficult. I've found this forum so thought I'd give it a try!

I need to explain the key features of event driven programming and I need to cover the following aspects:

• Service oriented
    • Time driven
    • Event triggers
    • Event handlers
    • Event loops
    • Idle time
    • Suitability to GUI
    • Ease of development

Has anyone does this assignment and can give me some help/guidance? I grasp the basic concept of the above but I'm finding it difficult to put that into paragraphs and provide examples.

Thanks in advance for any help, also feel free to inbox me if you're currently doing the course and need some guidance and I'll do my best to help you
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anybody?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CForce)
    Hey,

Currently on the event programming assignment and finding it quite difficult. I've found this forum so thought I'd give it a try!

I need to explain the key features of event driven programming and I need to cover the following aspects:

• Service oriented
    • Time driven
    • Event triggers
    • Event handlers
    • Event loops
    • Idle time
    • Suitability to GUI
    • Ease of development

Has anyone does this assignment and can give me some help/guidance? I grasp the basic concept of the above but I'm finding it difficult to put that into paragraphs and provide examples.

Thanks in advance for any help, also feel free to inbox me if you're currently doing the course and need some guidance and I'll do my best to help you
    Btec book from my college library had all this stuff in.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I did this in Level 2. It was most similar to this anyway, just Google on those subjects and you will find the information for most of them, try to learn them and what they're about mostly so you're gaining knowledge about the subjects aswell.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the book your college gave you and google was what i used to explain these.

If not, ask some guys in your class to help, someone will know and help.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ask the teacher?

My teacher who taught me this was terrible, he just gave us the program and told us to make some small changes too it etc ...

The BTEC book from Edexcel is one of the best things i have ever purchased though, it helps sooo much, or there should be some in the library.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ± Dan ±)
    Ask the teacher?

My teacher who taught me this was terrible, he just gave us the program and told us to make some small changes too it etc ...

The BTEC book from Edexcel is one of the best things i have ever purchased though, it helps sooo much, or there should be some in the library.
    You think that's terrible? I had to make my visual basic program from scratch with no experience whatsoever, little time for lectures, and all I knew off by heart was how to use if statements.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nmr1991)
    You think that's terrible? I had to make my visual basic program from scratch with no experience whatsoever, little time for lectures, and all I knew off by heart was how to use if statements.
    Wow that is a lot worse, but I guess if you have made some sort of program you have probably learnt a lot more than what I did from just messing around changing some small things.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Actually I just ended up with a 100% working program built from 'if statements', you wouldn't see any loops or other features. The lecturer wrote in the stuff that I either didn't do right or what he wanted it to be like. In case you're wondering, the program was pretty much a calculator with 2 input boxes, and another box that makes the total. Pretty basic and I could have done something more constructive.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 15, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.