Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to Answer Edexcel 40 Mark History Source Essays?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello :}

What do you have to do, and how much do you need to write, to get an A in these questions?

For example:
    "How far do you agree that Chartism failed because it alienated the middle class support that it needed?" (Use sources + own knowledge)

thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    1. You have to successfully implement your own Knowledge with the sources and not do it Source by source and then your own knowledge
    2. split your answer between Agree to the statement or disagree (either way around if you want)
    3. add source and own knowledge as you write.
    4. If you do it source by source then own knowledge I think the maximum you can get is about 12/40

I am currently writing about 3 sides worth and I have found that I am able to use the sources and my own knowledge in this space, but it depends on how much you can write that will answer the question.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Larmas)
    1. You have to successfully implement your own Knowledge with the sources and not do it Source by source and then your own knowledge
    2. split your answer between Agree to the statement or disagree (either way around if you want)
    3. add source and own knowledge as you write.
    4. If you do it source by source than own knowledge I think the maximum you can get is about 12/40

I am currently writing about 3 sides worth and I have found that I am able to use the sources and my own knowledge in this space, but it depends on how much you can write that will answer the question.
    Ah, thanks! :}
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Yeah do everything the person above said but make sure you use your sources as a set aka. all together and establish at the start of your paragraph which side they support.

e.g. Sources A and B support....... However, Source C undermines this by.......

This makes you use the sources all together and not analyse them one by one.

I did mine last year and got an A so hope it helps

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 7, 2013
New on TSR
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.