Yeah, by a big one of these
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	375355867.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	137225
    when it escaped from my neighbour's house. Me and my dad were herding it back when it turned and bit me. I managed to get it off before it did any real damage and then grabbed him by the collar and walked it back to the owner without any more trouble.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    I didn't - I was three and I think my Mum got it off me or something. Cue a lifelong fear of every single dog ever.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    My mum and her guide dog were attacked by a dumped rottweiler a few weeks back.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-s...wales-16575037
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I have. When I was around 4/5 years old, I went round to my neighbour's house. They had a dog, and at the time it was in its kennel outside. So I, stupidly, stuck my head into the kennel to have a look at the dog and it lurched forward and bit me right on my forehead and tore a tiny bit of flesh off. I had a scar from it for absolutely ages but its almost completely faded now.

Although, for some weird reason, I think its increased my love for dogs. :rolleyes:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cake Faced Kid.)
    My mother was attacked by a dumped rottweiler a few weeks back

Out of curiosity, were you the 7 year old?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    My uncle was attacked by 2 dogs whilst he was trying to defend his own dog
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welsh Leprecaun)
    Out of curiosity, were you the 7 year old?
    Haha, no, I wasn't deemed important enough to have a mention, just a credit on the photos.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes, several times - dogs that have spent the previous decade lounging on the sofa seem to detect my presence and go out of their way to maul me. Basically any dog I come across makes it a personal mission to clamp some of my flesh within its jaws.

I distinctly recall the occasion when I was taking a photograph and turned at the sound of barking to find a pair of pugs racing for me at near warp speed, following by an owner who apologetically dragged them off (but not until after one had bitten my ankle and the other my hand) repeatedly saying, "I don't know what happened, they pulled the leads out of my hand, they've never done that before, I don't know what happened..." Take note: I didn't even see them prior to the attack, so I couldn't possibly have done anything to them.

Or maybe a better example would be the scottie who was having a pleasant drink in its front garden when I walked past on my way to my friend's house. Suddenly, the dog that had previously been quite content growled, leapt over the gate and grabbed onto my leg. No owner in sight, so I must admit I kicked it away from me and then legged it. It caught me again, kicked it again and ran again, this time getting inside my friend's garden. Dog tried to get over the wall, I grabbed the flower pot display stand thing that my friend's mother has next to the front door ready to defend myself, but thankfully my friend opened the door in time. It was another dog that I did nothing to besides walk past it.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:

Two of these absolute monsters used to run around the park where I lived. They would jump over a metre high fence into your garden and practically destroy you. Scariest things in the world, has put me right off dogs.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    Yes, several times - dogs that have spent the previous decade lounging on the sofa seem to detect my presence and go out of their way to maul me. Basically any dog I come across makes it a personal mission to clamp some of my flesh within its jaws.

I distinctly recall the occasion when I was taking a photograph and turned at the sound of barking to find a pair of pugs racing for me at near warp speed, following by an owner who apologetically dragged them off (but not until after one had bitten my ankle and the other my hand) repeatedly saying, "I don't know what happened, they pulled the leads out of my hand, they've never done that before, I don't know what happened..." Take note: I didn't even see them prior to the attack, so I couldn't possibly have done anything to them.

Or maybe a better example would be the scottie who was having a pleasant drink in its front garden when I walked past on my way to my friend's house. Suddenly, the dog that had previously been quite content growled, leapt over the gate and grabbed onto my leg. No owner in sight, so I must admit I kicked it away from me and then legged it. It caught me again, kicked it again and ran again, this time getting inside my friend's garden. Dog tried to get over the wall, but thankfully my friend opened the door in time. It was another dog that I did nothing to besides walk past it.
    I'm sorry but, I couldn't help picturing those and laughing :lol:
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welsh Leprecaun)
    I'm sorry but, I couldn't help picturing those and laughing :lol:
    Why, because they're not traditionally violent dogs?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes, close to my hostfamily's house in Ghana. One of those stray dogs. Foresaw it, had a fist-sized stone in my hand and when it ran at me I threw the stone right in its face, so it ran away.
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yep.

I was in Nigeria when I was 10 years old and this dog belonged to my aunties family but it didn't like strangers at all. I accidentally managed to leave myself on the compound alone and I was an easy prey
    It chased me round the house twice, I fell down, I felt a lick on my leg and that made me flip out and run out of the frontyard.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acedlol)

Two of these absolute monsters used to run around the park where I lived. They would jump over a metre high fence into your garden and practically destroy you. Scariest things in the world, has put me right off dogs.

Damn it's like a horse :lol:
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    When he lived in Bulgaria my former History teacher always had some dog biscuits in his coat's pockets due to the hundreds of stray dogs in Sofia, so that might be a solution for all the dog plagued TSR users
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    When I was 8, my childminder's dog bit me on my left eyebrow, left a small scar. I don't remember doing anything to it, but I guess I probably stepped on his tail or something. I was afraid of dogs for a long time, and still don't like strange ones who bark at me, or when they go near my face, but I'm fine with ones I know and I have one of my own.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:

I hope your Mum, you and Norman are ok now .

To answer the OP, no I have never been attacked by a dog.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:

Poor Norman.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not me, but 12 years back, my 5 year old neighbour had her facial flesh mauled off by a stray dog. She needed reconstructive surgery to correct the entire left side of her face. She still has scars around her cheek and eye to this very day.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 15, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered animals and pets threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.