The Student Room Group

Edexcel Chemistry Unit 1 15th May

Scroll to see replies

ye i want to know whats going to come up. i do know everything.. but just don't know how to revise everything efficiently in one day. in fact in 10 hours.. help please..
Reply 61
what do we need to know about preparation of salts? Are there different methods for insoluble and soluble salts and double salts??
Reply 62
Original post by ummm
The website isn't working for me! I neeeeed the papers and mark schemes to go through them all! D: Help anyone?

http://www.edexcel.com/i-am-a/student/Pages/pastpapers.aspx

Click GCE from 2008 > Chemistry > Examination series > choose a date :smile:

Alternatively, type it into Google. :smile:

Everything up until 2010/11 is on the site I posted (the Edexcel Time Machine)

And for 2011/2012/Spec. papers, just Google around... they're everywhere. :smile:
Reply 63
Original post by loopy786
http://www.edexcel.com/i-am-a/student/Pages/pastpapers.aspx

Click GCE from 2008 > Chemistry > Examination series > choose a date :smile:

Alternatively, type it into Google. :smile:

Everything up until 2010/11 is on the site I posted (the Edexcel Time Machine)

And for 2011/2012/Spec. papers, just Google around... they're everywhere. :smile:

Thank you so much!
Reply 64
Original post by ummm
Thank you so much!

No problem. :biggrin:
I'm absolutely screwed for this exam, I can't even do the multiple choice questions :frown:
Reply 66
Original post by -strawberry-
I'm absolutely screwed for this exam, I can't even do the multiple choice questions :frown:

Haha yeah the multiple choice suck for me too. I just do them at the end after I finished section B. :P
Reply 67
Original post by TenaciousMonkey
It just means CH3CH2Cl2, CH3CHCl3, etc.

Original post by James A
it means more than one halogen group is attatched to that ethane molecule.

for example CH3CH(Cl)(Br)

I thought it was something more complicated!!:colondollar:
Good luck for the exam!!
Original post by 16ARTER
I thought it was something more complicated!!:colondollar:
Good luck for the exam!!

nice one, I'm not taking this exam, just popping in and out.....

Got an A for this exam, last june lol
Reply 69
Can anyone please upload the jan 12 Examiner report. The only document I need since the edexcel site wasn't working at school
Reply 70
Original post by Wooden
Any predicitions what is likely to come up?

any must knows? etc

Ofcourse we should all know that they will put a question probably dedicated for a few calculations (moles..)

hess law
calculations
free radical will be in MCQ
strong feeling fractional distillation write up will come up (never come up before)
hopefully they won't tell us to write out an experiment
reagents and products; displayed formula
Reply 71
what was the boundary to get an A in the jan 2012 paper?
Original post by This Honest
Can anyone please upload the jan 12 Examiner report. The only document I need since the edexcel site wasn't working at school

http://www.mediafire.com/?635t8ejpcb7f8ng
Reply 73
Got a question for you guys to try:

Which element, from hydrogen to Magnesium has the largest atomic radius and explain your reason for your answer.

haha proper examination style and everything :u:
Reply 74
54 to get an A in jan 12 :s-smilie:
Reply 76

Which element, from hydrogen to Magnesium has the largest atomic radius and explain your reason for your answer.

magnesium as it has the most electrons so surely the most electrons in shells meaning it is the largest due to repulsion of the electrons in the shells?

or am i completely wrong.

Sodium? It and magnesium have the most electron shells so they have larger atomic radii, and sodium has a smaller radius than magnesium because magnesium has a greater nuclear charge in its nucleus, which holds the electrons a little closer to the centre (thereby decreasing its radius in comparison to sodium).
Reply 78
Original post by Fisheh
magnesium as it has the most electrons so surely the most electrons in shells meaning it is the largest due to repulsion of the electrons in the shells?

or am i completely wrong.

But you're also forgetting that Mg has more protons.
Reply 79
Original post by TenaciousMonkey
Sodium? It and magnesium have the most electron shells so they have larger atomic radii, and sodium has a smaller radius than magnesium because magnesium has a greater nuclear charge in its nucleus, which holds the electrons a little closer to the centre (thereby decreasing its radius in comparison to sodium).

Spot on mate.

:beer:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending