The Student Room Group

Presents for a maths teacher?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
[INDENT]
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe
I would go for a sort of mathsy-mug liketw one above, or there's a clock on amazon which has all the numbers as little equations eg root16 instead of 4.

I'd also bake a cake with a few digits of pi iced on top (I can make pretty good cakes though, so I'm okay) and that would make for a nice final class.

We've got one in our school, something like this http://www.amazon.com/SQUARE-ROOT-Clock-teacher-calculator/dp/B002VL87VK (note: US amazon) 61gL8XkCSSL._AA1010_.jpg
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by icyoli
[INDENT]

We've got one in our school, something like this http://www.amazon.com/SQUARE-ROOT-Clock-teacher-calculator/dp/B002VL87VK (note: US amazon) 61gL8XkCSSL._AA1010_.jpg

Sort of, yeah.
Was more like this;
http://www.ecrater.co.uk/p/10988777/math-equations-wall-clock-white?sa=X&ei=S0RqT7LdIca_0QXjmsH2CA&ved=0CFkQ9gIwAQ
(can't vouch for the website though)
Original post by Mehmoodd
Get her a life :teehee:

Nah. I kid.

Buy her some cake.
eeerrrrrrryyybodeeeyyyy lurvs cake!

(waits for a killjoy to suggest she might be diabetic)
:tongue:

She might be a vegan.
Original post by Zoya Khan
Sorry for the unreasonable suggestion :blush:
I have enough to afford an iPhone but when we got it for her, it was the thirty of us and we were really going to miss her :redface: thought if she could do so much for us, we should also do something she may never forget.

Well, ok, I guess if it's thirty of you that's not too bad- whenever we clubbed together like that only about 3 or 4 people would actually do it, so I was imagining it being really expensive haha! If it's a teacher that was really good (and we never really had one that was particularly) I could imagine spending a tenner or something individually, so I suppose your suggestion isn't actually that bad. We were always just really stingy :tongue:

Nah. I kid.

Buy her some cake.

or lactose intolerant (or diabetic :biggrin:).
Reply 25
Original post by brittanna
She might be a vegan.

WHY MAN WHY!?

:cry2:

You got me ha
A Calculator
You can get some cool maths mugs off www.cafepress.co.uk
I'm getting my teacher one when I leave school :wink:
i got my teacher two maths related books and wrote an inscriptin in the front, she loved it!
Reply 30
Someone got the English teacher an engraved tankard when he left.. So maybe an engraved calculator?
Reply 31
a compass.
or a calculator
Laminated Statistical Tables
Original post by justanotherindigo
Heya:smile:

I was just wondering what would be the most appropriate present for a maths teacher. I just found out today that she was leaving the job and I am still in shock:eek: She is literally the best maths teacher ever, but she was planning to leave anyway, after we have finished our GCSE's (which is in 3 months). She didn't tell anyone in class the reason to why she was leaving so suddenly (apart form me). I am really sad, because she is probably the only teacher that for me, made maths easy and fun, so in return, I want to give her something that she would not only remember me but the whole class by. Next friday is her last day and I need to buy her something beforehand. I need urgent help!!

Thanks a lot and all comments are appreciated:h:xxx

A book about Godel's Theorems. She will love it.

Nah. I kid.

Buy her some cake.

She isn't diabetic. She's perfectly fine:h:
Buy them an apple π.

Spoiler

just get something small and sentimental related to maths to put on her desk, like a mini abicus or something? i was thinking of getting my law teacher a gaval and stand to put it on, then itll be practical to get kids to shut up lol
Reply 37
Nothing I don't buy mothers/father day gifts, Christmas presents or birthday presents. The result.. a much bigger bank balance to spend on myself. Don't play it lame play it smart.
Original post by fourdigit
Tell everyone in your class to get full marks on the paper. This way, this can help her employment for her next career.

But if that's not what you mean, then just make sure the class and her stays in touch and buy her something she may like??

I bought my maths teacher at A level a professional pen.

I was actually thinking about that:smile:
Reply 39
get her this poster blown up to a1

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending