Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ken Livingstone: I will make London a beacon of Islam

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:

You read about the Mosque's less than mainstream, shall we say, connections here

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/an...acon-of-islam/

Ken Livingstone has promised to turn London into a “beacon” for the words of the Prophet Mohammed in a sermon at one of the capital’s most controversial mosques.
    Mr Livingstone, Labour’s candidate for mayor of London, pledged to “educate the mass of Londoners” in Islam, saying: “That will help to cement our city as a beacon that demonstrates the meaning of the words of the Prophet.” Mr Livingstone described Mohammed’s words in his last sermon as “an agenda for all humanity.”

Or to Quote Archbishop Cranmer's nice twist on it:

Ken Livingstone has been out on the campaign trail, highlighting that the Mayor of London can be an educator of the ignorant masses because the job comes with a pulpit from which he can preach. He told the assembled faithful at Holy Trinity Brompton that he had recently read for the first time in his life the words of Jesus, which he observed 'could have been written for today as they seem to be an agenda for all humanity'. Especially, he said, those sentences where Jesus exhorts us to love our neighbour, and that our neighbour is everyone, and that in Christ Jesus there is neither Jew nor Gentile, nor male nor female, for all are equal in His sight. Mr Livingstone lauded the greatest commandment, which he said was 'a creed for all of us'. In recognition of the scales falling from his eyes, he wants 'to make sure that every non-Christian in London knows and understands the words of Jesus', so it might stop 'the demonisation of Christianity that is daily spewed out by poisonous papers like The Guardian'. He wants to educate 'the mass of Londoners who have no understanding of the words of the Son of God'. This, he says, 'will help to cement' London as 'a beacon that demonstrates the meaning of the words of Jesus'.

Praise the Lord! Hallelujah!
    What a truly repulsive man, playing divisive opportunist race politics the way he does.

The man is surely an embarrassment to the Labour party.

Here's some of his greatest rants and bizarre moments down the years:

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/an...nd-keep-guide/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

I really hope he loses.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    So what's the problem?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What a demented psycho
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    The problem with Humanists like Livingstone is that they sometimes believe in an idealistic multi-cultural and multi-ethnic society. Ken probably also believes that such a society can get him more votes.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Allahu Akbar!!

Clearly said in jest, I'm going to put jihad on you.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martyn*)
    The problem with Humanists like Livingstone is that they sometimes believe in an idealistic multi-cultural and multi-ethnic society. Ken probably also believes that such a society can get him more votes.
    I think he's more focused on the latter...
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ken Livingstone is an anti-Semitic moron.

EDIT: I can see from the negs there's a fair few Nazis on this forum :teehee:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Separation of religion and state...?
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    Isn't he fighting for electionship for Bethnal Green - an area of high Muslim population.

Undoubtedly this is just an attempt to garner votes.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm genuinely pleased about this. It's about time public figures sing a more pleasant note about my great faith. (Boris also done a beautiful documentary on Islam so I like him a lot).
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    What a spineless twerp.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    He obviously isnt serious. Just a cry for votes.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    What a despicable man, not a shred of sincerity in anything he says. The only reason he is saying these things is to play into the hands of the Muslim voters whom Boris Johnson doesn't cater to as much.

If people fall for this and vote for him on the basis of this, then they must be as dumb as Livingstone and his ghost writing team think they are.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    Isn't he fighting for electionship for Bethnal Green - an area of high Muslim population.

Undoubtedly this is just an attempt to garner votes.
    LOL at what will happen to him if he gets elected and then doesn't follow suit
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegodofgod)
    LOL at what will happen to him if he gets elected and then doesn't follow suit
    Helping to give Muslims a good and peaceful image I see...
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NuckingFut)
    He obviously isnt serious. Just a cry for votes.
    He's not serious in wanting to eradicate racism? He simply quoted a portion of Islamic text that condemned racism and discrimination and people are all over the place about it all. I can see how headlines can cause an unjustified stir, the media can really be powerful.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Time Tourist)
    Helping to give Muslims a good image I see...
    No...

I'm just lolling at Kenny's fate :lol:
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    Ken Livingstone is an anti-Semitic moron.
    I don't actually think he is anti-Semitic, I think those incidents got blown way out of proportion.

He is a complete dickhead though.

Edit- Boris is even worse though. They'd both be better as comedians than politicians
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    So, so tired of identity politics and the little demagogues they produce. Diane Abbott is another one to watch out for. George Galloway relies on the muslim vote as well.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 2, 2012
New on TSR
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.