The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Brutal Honesty
Your selective quoting created a strawman. Compared to most countries I've been to, French people are on the whole the rudest. Can you think of another country in which this is the case? I've clearly stated in the smaller towns people are more polite but this is also true in most countries. Why don't French people go near Arabs?

Dude you should come to Manchester and see how rude the Mancunians are, I've lived here 8 years but cannot seem to get on with these people. From bus drivers to the take away guys, everyone of them is disrespectful. I've been to Swansea and people are much nicer though. Don't know about anywhere else.
Original post by tehFrance
Arabs don't cut French people's hair, normal French people don't go near them for many reasons. Also excellent French? don't make me laugh.

Let me guess, you went to Paris' La Defense District and they were rude to you there and thus everyone is now rude? :colonhash:

Dude I thought everyone looked the same in France, how can you tell the person is an Arab? I can't tell them apart. Maybe the old guys with the beards even then, you got hairy Frenchman.
Original post by BruvaFromAnuvaMuva
Dude you should come to Manchester and see how rude the Mancunians are, I've lived here 8 years but cannot seem to get on with these people. From bus drivers to the take away guys, everyone of them is disrespectful. I've been to Swansea and people are much nicer though. Don't know about anywhere else.

They are but Paris>Manchester in terms of rudeness. When comparing like for like France is worse than Britain in terms of rudeness and I don't regard Britain to be the most polite place on earth.
Reply 83
Original post by andydemba
I think it's insulting that Sarkozy and Le Pen can condemn these attacks whilst spewing hate and promoting inter-race conflict purely to win votes. If they're going to legitimise repulsive far-right view points, of course these atrocities are going to happen.

you.

MR-Demotivator.jpg
Reply 84
Original post by Zeffy
Love how they're trying to blame it on Nazis... Any excuse possible to avoid pointing the finger at the Muslims isn't it?

Fact is, the attacks have targetted Muslim soldiers serving for the French army who the Islamic Extremists consider traitors. There was a plot in Britain a few years ago by Muslims to execute a British Muslim soldier. They've also targetted Jews who the Muslims also hate.

It'll be a Muslim shooter.

They will try and down play it now it is evident it is Muslim without a doubt.
Reply 85
730c5b222077c66049baa59d6c6cc85c.jpg
whatever the motives behind the attacks in France were, it's horrific no matter what.
Reply 87
Original post by UniOfLife
So the interesting question now, given that it seems this wasn't the act of a far-right neo-Nazi but an Israel-and-West-hating Islamist, is whether you will repeat your same sentiments but aimed at different culprits. And whether those who repped your original comment will also change their targets.

By your earlier logic, you must now find it insulting that pro-Palestinian and anti-West campaign groups condemn these attacks whilst spewing hate and promoting anti-West conflict. Or does this only work one way?

If you could name me a single western-based, mainstream pro-Palestinian group with anywhere near the influence possessed by Sarkozy/ the NF that promotes the destruction of Western values (the Muslims Against Crusades are hardly mainstream, before you cite them as an example) I will happily retract my statement. At the moment, I stand by my comments. Sarkozy and Le Pen are both intelligent people praying on uneducated minds harbouring irrational hatred and fear of different civilizations for the purpose of political expediency. They're sowing the seeds of inter-racial conflict (claiming French people are "tricked" into eating halal meat, for example) for another generation. The way politics in Europe is headed (ie veering sharply to the right) is very worrying indeed; archaic notions of western supremacy should have been thrown out the window along with the British empire.

Original post by pr0view
you.

MR-Demotivator.jpg

see above
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 88
Original post by Brutal Honesty
Paris>Manchester in terms of rudeness. When comparing like for like France is worse than Britain in terms of rudeness and I don't regard Britain to be the most polite place on earth.
Of course
Paris has an average of 21.5 kilorud per person per day (the rud being the unity of measure of rudeness) while Manchester is only up to 19.2 kilorud (on a bad day)

Similarly, France has a national average of 15.4, while the UK has 12.6

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rud
Reply 89
If you could name me a single western-based, mainstream pro-Palestinian group with anywhere near the influence possessed by Sarkozy/ the NF that promotes the destruction of Western values (the Muslims Against Crusades are hardly mainstream, before you cite them as an example) I will happily retract my statement. At the moment, I stand by my comments. Sarkozy and Le Pen are both intelligent people praying on uneducated minds harbouring irrational hatred and fear of different civilizations for the purpose of political expediency. They're sowing the seeds of inter-racial conflict (claiming French people are "tricked" into eating halal meat, for example) for another generation. The way politics in Europe is headed (ie veering sharply to the right) is very worrying indeed; archaic notions of western supremacy should have been thrown out the window along with the British empire.

see above

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Saud

I think i may of misunderstood, i believe they call the organisation Islam. If you wanted an individual/group you've got that as well anyway.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 90
Original post by pr0view
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Saud

I think i may of misunderstood, i believe they call the organisation Islam. If you wanted an individual/group you've got that as well anyway.

So you think all Muslims seek to destroy the West and slaughter the Jews.... okay

I think that speaks for itself. Nothing like the mindless tirades of an idiot
Reply 91
Original post by pink pineapple
whatever the motives behind the attacks in France were, it's horrific no matter what.
agree

the problem, however, is the culture of violence, disrespect and hate for Jews and in general "kuffar" (non-Muslims) being fostered in rootless, semi-deranged youths by irresponsible preachers and imams (many of them, over the internet and in webforums)

when you become used to despising and hating people, to considetr them "the worst of creation", then at some moment you may think that it is your duty to eliminate them, so that "Allah's word" may reign supreme.

This young deranged guy will end up in prison, the screaming imams and dawah preachers will continue their work in their homes, masjids and on their keyboards.

As to the victims, they're gone ( killed "for a pocketful of mumbles" which hardly make any sense) and nothing will bring them back.
Why don't they just execute everyone who hates non-believers of a crackpot religion?
Reply 93
So you think all Muslims seek to destroy the West and slaughter the Jews.... okay

Sahih Bukhari

Book 041, Number 6985:
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The last hour would not come unless the Muslims will fight against the Jews and the Muslims would kill them until the Jews would hide themselves behind a stone or a tree and a stone or a tree would say: Muslim, or the servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me; come and kill him; but the tree Gharqad would not say, for it is the tree of the Jews.

Unfortunately,very few Gharqad trees in Toulouse.
Reply 94
It was kinda obvious by the fact that soldiers and Jews were targeted that Muslim extremists were behind the attack...
Original post by Gales
It was kinda obvious by the fact that soldiers and Jews were targeted that Muslim extremists were behind the attack...

It's so predictable we could do with a forecast lol
Reply 96
http://www.afp.com/afpcom/en/taglibrary/activity/web/multimedia/afp-online-news

"Paris Grand Mosque Rector Dalil Boubakeur urged France not to stigmatise his community, saying "99.9 percent" of French Muslims were law-abiding citizens and the killings were the work of a tiny "fringe"

Boubakeur is perfectly right

but, does he realize that 0.1% of his community means about 2,100 crazed nutcases ?

only if everyone cooperates in order to isolate them and make them harmless can this way of thinking be productive
Reply 97

I wouldn't say they seek to destroy the West, maybe just that they understandably prefer their own customs to that of ours.
Reply 98
I just want to point out once more to say I was right and you all were wrong :wink:

Also, nobody has been man enough so far to either publically apologise to me or, even send me a PM saying sorry.
Reply 99
Original post by mariachi
Unfortunately,very few Gharqad trees in Toulouse.

You are funny wasn't it the West that killed 6 millions Jews, just 70 somewhat years ago. You know what they say about pointing your finger at someone, three fingers point back at you.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending