Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: Should scots be free
    Yes
    50.00%
    No
    50.00%

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Should Scotland be allowed Independence and be on it`s own. Frankly I think Mr.David C. won`t allow his gov. to be responsible for the destruction of the UK OMG how embarrassing is that [QUOTE]

That bloke says ‘I think the Prime Minister would do well to perhaps listen to the voice of the people and try to conduct this debate with a bit more positivity"

Scotland would remain part of a United Kingdom even if it became independent, Alex Salmond declared yesterday.
    The SNP leader said the Queen would still be head of state of a politically independent Scotland, meaning it would stay in ‘monarchical union’ with England.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1pbDB892C

TOPIC: Should Scots be independent?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is a mess of a thread.

Are you drunk?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ^

On topic, no. I have no time for nationalism.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'd answer your question if you could be a bit more clear as to what you wish us to discuss.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bukhatir)
    That bloke says ‘I think the Prime Minister would do well to perhaps listen to the voice of the people and try to conduct this debate with a bit more positivity"
    Funny, because the bit in bold is the one thing Salmond himself refuses to do. The man is dangerous, calculating and just trying to get his own name in the history books.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ch0llima)
    Funny, because the bit in bold is the one thing Salmond himself refuses to do. The man is dangerous, calculating and just trying to get his own name in the history books.
    Well that`s what He said couldn`t believe it my self
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Basically this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	braveheart-freedom-a445b.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	137280

No, but really, as someone who is a whole sixteenth Scottish, I think it would be financially absurd for Scotland to be politically indepedent. Anyone who disagrees can't have been paying much attention back in 2008.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lorem Ipsum)
    Basically this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	braveheart-freedom-a445b.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	137280

No, but really, as someone who is a whole sixteenth Scottish, I think it would be financially absurd for Scotland to be politically indepedent. Anyone who disagrees can't have been paying much attention back in 2008.
    dude so agree
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    If scotland remains in a monarchial union, then it remains in the Union, regardless of how much freedom it has within the union. The UK is a union of the crowns of England and Scotland, so whilst Scotland remained tied to England through its Queen/King, it would not be independent.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moleman1996)
    If scotland remains in a monarchial union, then it remains in the Union, regardless of how much freedom it has within the union. The UK is a union of the crowns of England and Scotland, so whilst Scotland remained tied to England through its Queen/King, it would not be independent.
    True but some major bonuses it will have even though 50% independent is the Edinburgh becoming a real capital city, with an independent Parliament and embassies; Glasgow becoming a media centre, with a national broadcasting system; and Aberdeen becoming a real oil and gas capital, housing the most powerful Energy Department in Europe.

Hence bring $$ and a lot of it.

do comment
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    True but some major bonuses it will have even though 50% independent is the Edinburgh becoming a real capital city, with an independent Parliament and embassies; Glasgow becoming a media centre, with a national broadcasting system; and Aberdeen becoming a real oil and gas capital, housing the most powerful Energy Department in Europe.

Hence bring $$ and a lot of it.

do comment
    I'm all for giving the scots independence, feel it would benefit us both in the long run whilst keeping close relations, but I think the dissolution of the Union would be the only proper way to do it.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm all for giving the scots independence, feel it would benefit us both in the long run whilst keeping close relations, but I think the dissolution of the Union would be the only proper way to do it.
    It`s true due to the fact that full Independence does mean the ripping off of the Union

thumbs up
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    French? I'd go with that.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Celtic_Anthony)
    French? I'd go with that.
    :wavey:

Should Scots be indepen.?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Did we really need another Scots independence thread? We have plenty already.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    :eek::eek:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    :wavey:

Should Scots be indepen.?
    A management consultancy firm?

www.indepen.co.uk

Guess its worth a shot.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    What Salmond said is that the queen would still be the monarch as we would be a commonwealth nation. :/
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    How about we put it to the polls? Or even sort it by who gives a toss of non-UK elections?
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    What Salmond means is that they would remain a part of the Commonwealth.

That said the SNP will maintain monetary Union anyway, so in effect they are only asking for the degree of independence that members of the Eurozone have.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 5, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.